News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SantanaLopez

SantanaLopez Profile Photo
Member Name: SantanaLopez
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Obama is going to the Saturday matinee of  Jul 16 2015, 11:11:41 AM

I am jealous GilmoreGirlO2. I wish I had tix for that day just to be sitting in the same room as Obama! I have a huge crush on him!!!!!

Revised CARRIE on Broadway?  Jul 15 2015, 04:23:57 PM

K thanks!

Revised CARRIE on Broadway?  Jul 15 2015, 04:19:40 PM

Is the original production cast album out of circulation? I can't find it. I wanted to listen to the score and Betti Buckleys songs.

How on earth didJersey Boys get the TONY  Jul 15 2015, 09:08:38 AM

Jersey Boys is a great show. I saw it 3 times and I wasn't even a fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons before I saw it, but I am now. The movie didn't do it justice.

SAYONARA at the Clurman Theatre  Jul 7 2015, 11:14:16 AM

The L.A. Times gave the '94 revival a very positive review.

An Energetic 'Sayonara' : The tuneful new musical based on the Michener book has an eagerness to entertain. It's at a cheerfully refurbished Alex Theatre.

Jerome Robbins stories  Jul 7 2015, 11:03:18 AM

I guess Zero Mostel put whatever differences he had with Jerome Robbins behind him. They worked together on "Fiddler on the Roof".

From what I've read about Jerome Robbins I get he really loathed himself for being homosexual.

West Side Story Revival 2009  Jul 7 2015, 10:56:18 AM

"The funny thing with Cavenaugh is that, initially, Arthur was his biggest defender when others wanted to cast someone younger from the get go (Matt Shingledecker, as I remember, was a finalist for the role).  Eventually, he turned on Cavenaugh, however, and ultimately let him go. 
Riedel reported on his speech to the cast about attendance, and I seem to recall it getting better after he reamed them out. "

What was the reason f

Wonderful Marc Shaimen Article  Jul 7 2015, 10:53:44 AM

"Appearing in the NY Daily News yesterday:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/hairspray-composer-star-odds-gay-marriage-article-1.2282370

I noticed Ann, the moderator at All That Chat, immediately removed any and all controversial posts that appeared there after the thread was first posted (except one). What is that woman afraid of? The reason I enjoy this board so much is because it's not censored. Apparently, ALL THAT CHAT is the theater chat equivalent of Scientology: You must BELIEVE and follow its PHILOSOPHY...or face the Consequences."

All That Chat sounds extremely cult-ish.

Saturday Night Fever tour?  Jul 7 2015, 10:50:05 AM

I never got the chance to see this show, so I looked up some information about it on Wikipedia. This show sure gets produced a lot over in the UK. From what I've read on Wikipedia the darker elements of the story were eliminated to make it more family friendly. I'll have to seek out the cast recording. It's a classic soundtrack so I'm definitely interested in hearing how the songs were utilized and adapted for this show.

Spring Awakening is coming back to Broadway. But when and where?  Jul 7 2015, 07:40:20 AM

""Spring Awakening without that hobbit Rachel Berry?!! Great! I'm in!"

You're trying too hard to appear new."

I'm not trying anything at all. And who are you anyway?!! Obviously one of those godawful Rachel Berry fans.

Interview with Peter Gallagher on the Twentieth Century  Jul 7 2015, 07:32:36 AM

I wants on them froggy lips and I wants on them now!!

An ode to Peter Gallagher's lips:

TROUTY MOUTH

Guppy Face, Trouty Mouth
Is that how people's lips look where you come from in the South ?
Grouper Mouth, Froggy Lips
I love suckin' on those salamander lips
Wanna put a fish hook in those lips so cherry red
If you tried hard e

Little Shop of Horrors 20th Anniversary Soundtrack  Jul 7 2015, 07:29:22 AM

That 20th Anniversary Edition of the Little Shop soundtrack was never in print to begin with. It's completely fan made and never an official release by Warner Bros. or Geffen Records. The audio was ripped from either the DVD and/or Laserdisc editions of the film and various other sources and then compiled. In other words: It's a bootleg.

New Version of Oklahoma?  Jul 6 2015, 06:13:26 PM

Damon Duanno as "Curly" is hot! Wanky!!

Javier Munoz Will Be Alternate in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 6 2015, 01:38:10 PM

"Hogan, you make many excellent points. But I must disagree with you about the star worship aspect.  I think it is truly a thrill to see the creator in the role. It's not something that we have the opportunity to experience all that often. "

Yeah. That about sums it up for me. Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Javier Munoz Will Be Alternate in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 6 2015, 01:36:55 PM

"Yep, Hogan nails it."

Uh. No he didn't.

Javier Munoz Will Be Alternate in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 6 2015, 01:35:23 PM

"First of all, switching tickets will be no easy feat even if it is permitted (and i would think it would be) since the show is basically sold out for 6 months. Secondly, I think what one wants to see is Miranda's creation. not his acting which is by far the least of his accomplishments. Third, Javi is arguably better. Fourth, it is not clear that anyone knew this was going to happen when tickets went on sale, and from that moent on there would not be a good time

Dame Judy Dench in Cabaret  Jul 6 2015, 01:10:40 PM

Embedding the video to the original post is even better and more convenient. The tools are there, why not use them to their fullest potential? You're welcome!

Javier Munoz Will Be Alternate in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 6 2015, 01:00:37 PM

It's really shady they felt the need to do this and reveal the schedule after people already purchased their tickets. They should have given people the option of who they wanted to see. I know I would be pissed if I wanted to see Lin and because of this wound up with tickets for a night that Javi is performing. I'm glad I waited.

Shia LaBeouf Needs to Come Back to Broadway  Jul 5 2015, 04:20:54 PM

No we don't. We don't need Boozy Von Drunk A Ton on Broadway.

West Side Story Revival 2009  Jul 5 2015, 11:38:51 AM

Karen Olivo is not a terrible dancer. She's a fine dancer, but the original Anita choreography needs a more skilled dancer to execute it. She acted the hell out of that part though, in that respect she totally deserved the Tony Award she won. For the record she is the only actress or actor to have won a Tony for West Side Story.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You