News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BonnieBanks

BonnieBanks Profile Photo
Member Name: BonnieBanks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Previews
 Jul 14 2015, 05:33:51 PM

9 pages of comments after only one performance of Hamilton and half of the pages are crap because of this kid. If I had known about his behavior, I never would have engaged in conversation with him on the School of Rock thread. I thought I was talking to a normal person interested in conversation. Turns out I was talking to a Ninny. 

Can the moderators not do anything about this? The thread cannot continue in this way. 

The unseen side of Theaters
 Jul 11 2015, 07:56:22 PM

No trouble at all. I've been a fan of Klaus Frahm for years. He does such excellent work.

The unseen side of Theaters
 Jul 11 2015, 07:13:20 PM

http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/klaus-frahm-fourth-wall

A wonderful collage of photos of the unseen side of theater. Marvelous photos in there.

Some photos from the article:

Klaus_frahm_4th_wall_itsnicethat_9

Klaus_frahm_4th_wall_int_1

Klaus_frahm_4th_wall_itsnicethat_5

Hamilton
 Jul 10 2015, 08:09:09 PM

To me, it is better to me than ACL, Rent and most of the golden age musicals. I would put it in the top 5 of a century's worth of musical theatre, in both quality and import, with Fiddler, West Side Story, Oklahoma, Show Boat.

That's a rather large statement. What in your mind makes Hamilton better or on par with all these shows? And are you speaking objectively or are you saying it's your favorite above the best? As I'm sure you know, there's a large difference

Hamilton
 Jul 10 2015, 06:26:10 PM

There are many threads on the topic. Most here claim it's the show of the generation. I don't believe most of the hype, but I've had to change my tickets twice, so I'm expecting to be amazed. 

Immersive EVITA
 Jul 9 2015, 10:55:29 PM

Each audience member gets to make out with Evita during  the "Good Night and Thank You" number. I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by immersive. 

Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
 Jul 9 2015, 10:28:04 PM

Most likely. Shows like RENT and Phantom of the Opera attract crazed fanatics that have no problem seeing their favorite show every couple times a week. Priorities....

Aaron Tveit to Star as Danny Zuko in Fox's GREASE LIVE!
 Jul 9 2015, 06:22:16 PM

I've never been much of a fan of him (he was highly disappointing in the Les miserable film) but he is talented and will certainly get the job done. It's not a very difficult role to play.

Immersive EVITA
 Jul 9 2015, 06:18:43 PM

Gimmicks don't work for Evita. It's one of those shows that completely relies on the Star performer. If Eva is terrible, then the show is terrible. It matters not if you do the production in an environmental accurate location, the show will still be ghastly if Eva is not of Star Quality.

That being said, I wish this production the best as Randi Garza looks like a ferocious and terrifying (in a good way) Evita in that one photo.

Best of luck!

School of Rock marquee goes up
 Jul 8 2015, 06:08:38 PM

Some here will see a show over and over again or will see a revival because someone they like is in it. The only way I would ever see Gypsy again is if Merman came back from the dead and did . Enough is enough with constantly reviving it.

I happen to agree. While I adored the Patti Lupone revival and liked (but didn't love) The Imelda revival, I do feel that the show needs to take a bit of a break from the West End and Broadway. Imelda is wonderful in the role, but she alo

Jul 8 2015, 04:44:59 PM

Philly, Andrew was talking about Evita being better in the states (which i agree with). No mention of Cats or his other shows anywhere. What was your point again?

ThankstoPhantom: Thank you for your very articulate and elaborate analysis. I agree with ever word of it. I also love your name.

Jul 8 2015, 03:59:59 PM

Trolling? I was asked a question about Cats and answered it. You are perfectly fine to disagree with it. To answer your question about  West End forums, no there aren't many that are dedicated to Theater as much as Broadway World. There is the West End board on here, but i find that to be a very slow forum and not as well attended as this one. 

Jul 8 2015, 03:53:09 PM

I'm just looking for a link to Andrew's  statements. I'm very curious to read them. I'm perfectly capable of addressing the alleged fact that Andrew liked Cats on Broadway more than he did in London. I just want to know If Mr.Pinto is telling the truth or not. Has he been a reputable source in the past?

In any case, I can't say I'm being defensive in any way. I'm perfectly calm in my rocking chair and slippers right now. However it seems that I have offended you for one reason

Jul 8 2015, 03:31:48 PM

No it actually does not. If you look carefully: You state that  you aren't sure about cats but that Andrew has said about his shows was happier with the Broadway production than the west end? What show or shows are you referring to? Cats? It doesn't appear so because earlier in the sentence you claim you "aren't sure" about Cats. Whatever that means. 

Whatever statement you tried to make, it is unclear whether it was tied to Cats or something else.

Jul 8 2015, 03:19:04 PM

im not exactly sure about Cats specifically, but Andrew has said about his shows that he was happier with the Broadway production than the West End production

Your sentence doesn't make sense. Do you have a link to back your statements up? Perhaps that will clarify your messy sentence.

Jul 8 2015, 02:44:14 PM

"You Americans" If we're so terrible why are you on a site called Broadwayworld.com posting on the Broadway message board?

I in no way meant "You Americans" as an insult. Pardon me if you took it that way.  That would be a rather silly insult, wouldn't it? A mannerism I guess. 

Don't get me wrong, I love American Theater. I was thrilled when I came across the pond to see Bridges of Madison County and a few others. I find that American theater is much m

Jul 8 2015, 02:24:01 PM

In what way do you love it differently?

In the spring of 1981, the English witnessed something extraordinary that had never been seen before. It was a mix of Opera, experimental theater and traditional Musical theatre all rolled into one extravagant pageant. On this night, dancing pussie cats changed everyone's idea of what Musical theatre can be and should be.

It was a special moment that can only be shared in memory and our hearts now. We witnessed the i

Jul 8 2015, 01:33:50 PM

I absoutely adore Sierra. I was fortunate enough to see her in Phantom and Les Miserable. She was excellent in both. That being said, I don't know why she is wasting her time with a role like this.

Perhaps she craves a Tony Award Nomination and is desperate to be in something new. Can't say I blame her, she is an underrated actress in the States. Not so much here.

It's obvious Andrew has a fancy for her and will put her in anything no matter how thankless the role is.&nb

These new Marquees
 Jul 8 2015, 01:29:27 PM

No trouble at all, Ripped Man. And yes I agree, those marquees are abysmal. 

Why is London getting Funny Girl and we aren't?
 Jul 8 2015, 01:27:34 PM

I was lucky enough to see Sheridan Smith in Legally blonde, and while I found her to be a great Elle, her vocal stamina was lacking and I personally don't think she has the vocal chops or the charisma to play a legendary role like Fanny Brice. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You