News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nina23

Member Name: Nina23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Previews  Jul 29 2015, 06:15:25 PM

I just hope we have a season of good musicals rather than just one BIG one

THEATRE RESEARCH QUESTION  Jul 29 2015, 08:20:34 AM

"that rudeness was uncalled for also I do have some but im trying to see if someone has something better."

ACTUALLY IT WAS

I am really LAZY and want everyone to help me get through uni  Jul 29 2015, 08:19:25 AM

I really cannot even bother looking at the uni librarycool 

and yes I am poking fun at this https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1085529&dt=9

THEATRE RESEARCH QUESTION  Jul 29 2015, 08:18:38 AM

"HIIIIII BROADWAY HUMANS!!!!! I'm taking a pre ib history class and a big part of the first semester is an assignment called the historical investigation. It's basically a 2000 word essay and I want to write about something theatre related. I need a research topic/question. They have to be something like "to what extent was art censored in Nazi Germany". I need a very juicy and topic question to dig into. Anything involving theatre from Butoh to Musical theatre (t

Craziest Incident You've Encountered in the Theatre  Jul 28 2015, 10:05:50 PM

" Besides people texting and being loud, what are some crazy/rude/strange/WTF things you've seen happen in the theatre. (Talk about rude ushers, mean box office people, etc.)"

Philly's strange threads

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 28 2015, 09:41:51 PM

"Brigadoon, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kiss me Kate. 
Id like to see Bart direct Funny Girl and Carousel there. He's already doing My Fair Lady at a Nederlander theatre soon"

Source?

New Bobby and Kristen Lopez Muical UP HERE at La Jolla Playhouse  Jul 28 2015, 09:40:10 PM

"I think it's nearly sold out its run, was looking for this coming weekend and not a single seat to be found. Later dates where the same "

I will think this is going to Broadway. when and where is anyone's guess.

Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 28 2015, 07:39:08 PM

""No wonder everybody from Patti LuPone on down is complaining that nobody knows how to behave anymore: If you dress like a child, chances are you’re going to act like one."
Dress-code 
I have no problem with those who wear cargo shorts, flip flops, wife beater shirts to shows.  Just don't stink or annoy me with your cell phone and noisemaking snacks."

CAN I GO NAKED

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 28 2015, 07:37:16 PM

"Yup, Funny Girl stage rights belong to Ryan Murphy"

We know this but please Ryan sell them

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 28 2015, 07:37:15 PM

"Yup, Funny Girl stage rights belong to Ryan Murphy"

We know this but please Ryan sell them

CYMBELINE at the Delacorte  Jul 28 2015, 07:30:43 PM

Will this make it to Broadway and yes I know the last revival was a couple of years ago. So it has not been long enough

Matthew Broderick in Sylvia  Jul 28 2015, 07:29:30 PM

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 28 2015, 07:27:08 PM

"""Funny Girl with Laura"
Funny Girl with Annaleigh."

Either of those would make me so happy."

HEAR HEAR

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 28 2015, 07:22:30 PM

Funny Girl with Laura

Heres something to think about regarding Roundabout  Jul 28 2015, 06:24:00 AM

"So talking to someone tonight about diversity in the theatre and Roundabout came up, in the last decade they have only produced TWO new plays by non-white writers (this past seasons Little Children Dream of God by Jeff Augustin and The Language Archieve by Julia Cho in the 2010-2011 season)  , they have had EIGHTY productions in the last decade, for a theatre company whose marketing tagline/message is Its About You, thats so unbelievable, granted we have had this discussion before, but hell even MTC has produced more diverse work in the last decade (Ruined, Choir Boy, The World Of Extreme Happiness,all spring to mind as recent examples) why specifically is it so BAD when it comes to Roundab out (and this isn't a casting rant) but more so why are they so afraid to produce non-white work, even in their off broadway spaces (seriously in the last decade only one play by a black writer was produced in their off-broadway spaces).
 "

One of the reasons I wrote this post. Was because one of the facebook posts about the Noises Off Cast was Roundabout Theatre Company

That's a lot of white people. You will be awesome as always- but man, that's a really really white production

Amazing diversity. This is why my Yale degree means nothing in NY Theater.

What's with all the white people? No people of color available.

You just have to compare this to Aladdin  

http://www.peterjkuo.com/2015/07/why-roundabout-casting-of-noises-off-is.html

Broadway and Minorities  Jul 25 2015, 10:01:16 PM

""https://www.facebook.com/RoundaboutTheatreCompany/photos/a.381352369982.158954.86403189982/10153159480074983/?type=1&theater

I just found comments on the facebook page to be quite strange.  One of the comments is "its a very white cast""

They're not strange. They're right. Seeing a sea of white faces is very glaring and very much same-old, same-old. Even if it's something like you like and/or has a writer you like or a cast member you like. Which was one of my impressions of Dear Evan Hansen, which I rather enjoyed. The only non-white people you saw on stage were part of the (necessary) crowd noise shown on projections."

I just wonder  if the Roundabout does not have the foresight  that  Nicholas Hytner had when he put Audra in her TONY award winning  role.  I am not saying that having great actors on  stage is not good. But when there are so many diverse actors on stage I wonder about the casting. It just reminds me why the Public wins so many awards because it has foresight and new ideas. Which is further enhanced by diversity. 

Broadway and Minorities  Jul 25 2015, 08:34:16 PM

https://www.facebook.com/RoundaboutTheatreCompany/photos/a.381352369982.158954.86403189982/10153159480074983/?type=1&theater

I just found comments on the facebook page to be quite strange.  One of the comments is "its a very white cast"

Broadway and Minorities  Jul 25 2015, 02:34:27 AM

I was kind of suprised to hear that many people found the cast of Noises Off to be not diverse. Is this a common issue with non for profits. But I would think that its people making hooplar over nothing. But I do wonder if the Rounderbout is not inclusive ?

https://www.facebook.com/RoundaboutTheatreCompany/photos/a.381352369982.158954.86403189982/10153159480074983/?type=1&theater

Not the Roundabout thetare  but I have seen a lot of productions with diverse and inclusive casting and have always found broadway and west end to be inclusive and non discrimimintary. From a story of the blind dancer in chicago, to people with disabilities like Katie Finneran. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/theater/katie-finneran-takes-on-annie.html?_r=0

I have also found that many productions deal with race in a positive way and accepting people for who they are like the last revival of You Can't Take It with You and Hairspray , to fighting adversity like Billy Elliot and Courious .

I do think however good writers and directors do need to go beyond skin colour and race and find ways to protray the wide spectrium of issues and people that is found in United States and a roudn the world. 

New York Opera  Jul 23 2015, 03:34:56 AM
I know this a Broadway site and while there seems to be much talk and debate about theatre. On and Off Broadway theatre and regional theatre. There does not seem to be much or any talk about opera? ballet? or other fields of dramatic art ? Does these repertoire not deserve the same respect same recognition as Musicals and Plays ? or have I got it all wrong and the people on this forum believe that it should not be ran on a Broadway site ?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You