News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for geneb5

geneb5 Profile Photo
Member Name: geneb5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chance of show closing due to weatheSnow dayr?
 Feb 9 2017, 01:13:04 PM

You can always check the "weather alert" item in yellow at the top of the Broadway League's web site.

https://www.broadway.org/

As of this posting, it reads: 

WEATHER ALERT 2/9/17 8:45AM

AS OF NOW, ALL SHOWS ON BROADWAY WILL PLAY AS SCHEDULED. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES. FOR INFO ABOUT EXCHANGES, CONTACT YOUR POINT-OF-PURCHASE.

The Most overrated and underrated musicals
 Jan 8 2017, 03:22:43 PM

I forgot to mention "Cats" (the original production) as overrated.

So I'm sitting in the audience, fading in and out of consciousness, when I hear the guy behind me softly snoring. I'm thinking, "I know just how you feel, pal." I guess his friend must have poked him, because he stopped soon after. So I poke Jane next to me, whispering, "Did you hear the guy behind me snoring?"

And Jane goes, "Huh? What??"

The Most overrated and underrated musicals
 Jan 8 2017, 03:11:31 PM

Most overrated: The Hal Prince production of "Sweeney Todd" (1979)

I saw the Staples High School (Westport, CT) production 2 years ago, and, without all that Princely pomposity, it was far superior. Admittedly, Staples is known as a great theatre school.

Exceptions:

--The lack of the astounding Angela Lansbury. Well, NO ONE can possibly match Ms. A.

--A truly unfortunate choice to employ the nonsensical modern day movie trope of the head-tw

re: Interesting Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway
 Dec 22 2016, 11:33:29 PM

Boy Meets Boy (1975)

Josh Groban Performance Schedule
 Dec 16 2016, 12:20:45 PM

We saw it during previews, and I couldn't believe this huge, major star would undertake this incredibly demanding performance/schedule. From what I've seen in the media, he is completely dedicated, and is unlikely to miss a performance. What a champ!

Similarly, all the cast & crew work heroically the whole show. They used to say that James Brown was "The hardest working man in show business." I say The Great Comet is "The hardest worki

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You