News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayConcierge

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayConcierge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 07:33:45 PM

jonah3500 said: "Link please?"

Check Murin's Twitter.

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 07:20:35 PM

Sondheimite rocks. So much. Which is why it's frustrating to see him be the one scapegoated on the tweet that's now circulating.

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 06:54:04 PM

I stated on here—twice—that I believe Murin's wonderful standby is delivering a superior performance as Anna. Both posts were subsequently deleted. Neither of them addressed mental health in the slightest.

Mods, if ^this^ gets deleted, then there's clearly more happening behind the scenes than you say. 

Why can Patti Murin tweet about Broadway World but Broadway World can't talk about Patti Murin?  Dec 9 2018, 06:31:34 PM

Mods, I will be disappointed (but not surprised) if this inquiry gets deleted. There is no "inappropriate" discussion or "slander" in the above post. It is a genuine question.

Ain't Too Proud, Be More Chill, Tootsie discount codes  Dec 9 2018, 01:41:27 PM

Thanks for sharing these! But the Tootsie code isn't working for me...

Previews  Dec 9 2018, 01:22:56 AM

10086sunset said: "The opening number is somewhat enjoyable, as Clay and Ruben attempt to top each other throughout the song"

Seems mildly inappropriate for a Christmas show.

Must see shows?  Dec 8 2018, 10:54:27 PM

Of everything that's opened this season so far, The Ferryman is easily the #1 must-see piece of theatre. Followed by The Waverly GalleryMockingbird, and Torch Song.

As for the spring, we won't know how things are until they arrive, but it seems like the most buzz is behind Hadestown and Tootsie, with a big question mark behind the revival of Kiss Me, Kate.&

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR  Dec 7 2018, 02:46:36 PM

I was gonna go, but the TDF ticket price of $49 exceeded the $0.01 I was willing to spend on this. Oh well.

Ruben  Dec 7 2018, 02:04:34 PM

Sondheimite said: "You must know a lot about spitting given where Clay's "little studdard" must have been placed a few times in order for you get/KEEP your job."

Dead. Deceased. Gone. Goodbye.

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 11:13:54 AM

I'm always happy when Gavin gets booked! But this show is such a bore, I can't bring myself back to the Atkinson for it again (and I went back for Nicolette, who I thought was lovely).

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 11:05:10 AM

So like... can they close on February 3?

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 11:01:37 AM

Sara Bareilles is returning from January 7 to February 3, joined by Gavin Creel.

THE PROM Previews  Dec 7 2018, 10:47:03 AM

The next few weeks will be most telling for their run. They definitely got a bit of a bump with largely positive reviews and exposure on the Macy's Thanksgiving telecast. However, their "bump" is only getting them to the mid-$500k range, which is still less than ideal for a big, new Broadway musical. It could well make it to June, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their losses and close mid-winter.

Cast Albums Grammy 2019?  Dec 7 2018, 10:21:34 AM

It is a great list.

I will be very disappointed if The Band's Visit loses to Jesus Christ Superstar.

THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews  Dec 6 2018, 09:58:47 PM

I saw this a few weeks ago and totally forgot to comment on it! I am in agreement with bwayphreak234. I found it completely middling and just okay. Nothing is outright bad about it; it just feels circular and repetitive. Like, I got the point of the play 10 minutes into it. The performances are all fine, but yes, not must-see theatre by any stretch. The definition of a middle-of-the-road play.

NETWORK Reviews  Dec 6 2018, 09:49:23 PM

amNY is positive, giving 4 out of 4 stars. It "flashes by as quickly as one of the commercials running on one of the countless screens in the background."

https://www.amny.com/entertainment/broadway-review-network-cranston-1.24287410

NETWORK Reviews  Dec 6 2018, 09:48:04 PM

Brantley's rave for the London production in November 2017: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/theater/network-review-bryan-cranston-national-theater.html

Brantley for the New York Times on the Broadway production is positive. Critic's Pick seal. A full-on love letter for Cranston, who is "all but flaying the skin off his body."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/theater/network-review-bryan-cranston.html

Worth noting that Brantley doesn't so much adore everything else: "If the bravura dementia of his Howard makes much of the rest of the show seem as two-dimensional as a flat TV screen, it’s a trade-off I’m willing to accept, albeit with a sigh."

The 2019-2020 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  Dec 6 2018, 09:45:45 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "What about Tina? Doesn't that have a date of next fall?"

Just "fall 2019." Again, I don't think anything is ever set in stone until we get a first preview or opening night date and/or a theater!

The 2019-2020 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  Dec 6 2018, 09:19:43 PM

I don't add a show to the "confirmed" list until we get a date or a theater!

NETWORK Reviews  Dec 6 2018, 09:05:37 PM

Terry Teachout for the Wall Street Journal is negative. He says everything surrounding Bryan Cranston has the "unintended effect of turning Network into a one-man show." "If you’re willing to pay Broadway prices to see Mr. Cranston give a tremendous performance, there’s a chance you’ll go home happy. Otherwise, you might as well rent the movie." Also disliked Maslany.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/network-and-the-cher-show-reviews-broadways-recycling-bin-1544148001

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You