News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatrefanboy1

Member Name: Theatrefanboy1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next Sondheim?  May 3 2024, 09:28:27 PM

It would be great to see a celebration ala Sondheim 80.  My guess is we won’t until 2030 and there would be a celebratory Sondheim100 splash.  

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  May 2 2024, 06:49:37 PM

Well Lempika will be closing in two weeks.  I guess up next with be heart of rock and roll. I wonder if they’ll be going next week.   I still think great Gatsby will close up shop before the other Gatsby comes in next season.  

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 10:22:50 AM

Wow beat me to it.  

im going to say

heart of rock and roll - closes within the next 21 days

lempicka - closes within the next 21 days

suffs - closes after july 4 weekend

great Gatsby - makes it through the summer. But not the year. 

back to the future - makes it through to September long weekend

the notebook- closes by September long weekend

water for elephants - closes in January 

the wiz -

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 12:58:47 AM

While I can’t say this was the one of Scott Rudin 5 show plan that I was looking most forward to. I am curious to see if he or his associates are attached. As Audra McDonald in Gypsy was one of his five revivals he had planned after better midler in hello Dolly.  (The other beinh Hugh Jackman music man. … then a little night music (Julie andrews and cate Blanchett. Which I unfortunately think will no longer happen as it was originally planned for 2022.  Then the Mame re

Celebs on Stage 2024/5 season  Apr 23 2024, 04:22:23 PM

Hello was asked by a friend today, she’s looking at planning her New York trip for either fall 2024 (mid November or first of December) or spring 2025 (first part of April) and was wondering what “celebrities “ would like be on stage or are rumored to be this coming season.   I told her:

Bernadette Peters and Lea Salonga (Old Friends)

Nicole Scherzinger (Sunset Blvd)

Jake Gyllahall and Denzel Washington (Othello)

Kristin Chenoweth

2024-2025 Broadway Season  Apr 22 2024, 10:04:34 AM

Dolly Partons bio musical is supposed to be coming spring 2025 (April). 

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Apr 21 2024, 08:48:05 PM

Any word on a Broadway transfer? Was hoping to hear that it would be coming this 2024-5 season. 

Dream Two Show Day  Apr 17 2024, 06:00:01 PM

Phantom and love never dies 

What show should I see? My opinion of the shows currently on Broadway today.  Apr 16 2024, 11:52:29 AM

The more recent shows I’d recommend:

Merrily We Roll Along

Cabaret

(possibly The Outsiders)

The older shows Id recommend:

Hadestown, Moulin Rouge,    Though extremely “touristy” I still recommend Wicked and Lion King for first timers. 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 09:46:05 AM

Strange. Looks like Broadway will not be getting either of my preferred revivals then.  Was hoping for the Tom Holland R+J and was hoping for the Sara Brightman Sunset Boulevard.   Unless they’d consider coming in the following season which would seem tight  

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 13 2024, 11:34:21 AM

Im kind of thinking some winners will be:

Best Musical: The Outsiders

Best Revival: Merrily We Roll Along

Best Actor Musical: Jonathan Groff (or tie with Eddie Redmayne)

Best Feature Actor Musical: Daniel Radcliffe 

Best Actress Musical: not too sure on this one would Lindsey Mendez be considered featured??

Best Featured Actress Musical: Bebe Neuwirth

Best Lighting Design: Cabaret

Best Scenic Design: Cabaret

Best Director: Me

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 11:48:14 PM

Thanks for sharing that.  That definitely clears up some uncertainty 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 09:14:57 PM

No, she didn’t mention specifically when, but I’m assuming based on the end of Eddie’s contract being August 31. I’m assuming the new cast would be in for September.  

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 05:11:22 PM

Never spilled her guts. Clearly. Had she “spilled “ her guts she would have flat out told me. But I will say that the conversation had was quite candid.  But I was also there three times in the first week of previews and the way the pre show elements are set up it does open one up to having conversations. 
We had started talking about the renovations which originally were talked to be 21 then 26 million. She said it’s actually looking to be closer to 29 millio

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 04:53:05 PM

Well considering that when I was at the show the first week of previews and i was talking with one of the  producers and asked about casting. With such a short contract with Eddie and she said that they already have the next casting signed they are waiting though because this cast is just settling in.  But she also told me that with the new casting there will be a new fall schedule of only on 5 days (7) shows a week starting in September. She was quite excited about the new cas

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 12:30:21 AM

With the 29$ million price tag. Obviously they must have a plan once Eddie leaves in august after only five months. I’m curious who people think they have in line for emcee or sally. 
I’m wondering if it’ll be big names like: TImothee Chalamet, Austin Butler, Chris pine, Harry Styles…

and: Emma Watson or Margot Robbie…

any idea of who you think they’ll be casting?

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 11 2024, 07:35:00 AM

I would love to see say Patti lupone,Raúl Esparza and Mandy Patinkin join the bill for this

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 8 2024, 12:17:33 PM

I’m curious who they fill the cast out with.   Anyone have any speculations? 

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Mar 28 2024, 07:38:59 AM

Is the stage door entrance/exit the same for the actors? 

Next musical revivals in the coming years  Mar 27 2024, 10:15:42 PM

I would love revivals of:

Chess

Titanic

Chorus Line for the 50th

Mame (I wonder if there is any smoke in the flame for the Cher revival)

AIDA

id personally love to see a revival of Sound of Music or South Pacific

Joseph or JCS (the 2012 revival was amazing and too short lived) (and a hal prince Phantom)

for Disney: I’d love a full remounting of Beauty and the Beast none of this downsizing   Or Tarzan  

Sondhiem: A

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You