News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatrefanboy1

Member Name: Theatrefanboy1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 01:36:04 PM

I would love Julie Taymor to take this on.  It would be incredible 

Would love to see a Sound of Music Revival
 Jul 15 2024, 10:54:39 AM

I would love to see this staring Laura Osnes as Maria and Ramin Karimloo and the Captain 

Filipino musical MA BUHAY? Coming to Broadway?
 Jul 11 2024, 10:46:08 PM

Someone just sent me this link to a song from the musical. They are saying it’s looking to have an original cast recording.  I’m curious what everyone else thinks of the song:

https://youtu.be/rET2mm50Cv8?si=51UNReu7N5gRxiZN

Word is that not only Theatre Calgary will be taking on the musical in their future season, but they will also be having a “Toronto premiere “ of the show as well.  

Filipino musical MA BUHAY? Coming to Broadway?
 Jul 7 2024, 04:49:42 PM

I saw a couple Canadian news articles on this show MA BUHAY that stars the original Anne Boleyn from Broadway. 

https://www.cbc.ca/lite/story/1.7253168

Other news releases seemed to suggest that it’s moving to Theatre Calgary and eventually to Broadway.   It sounds like it’s an American Idol from the Philippines(?).  I was curious if anyone has heard anything about it? Thoughts on it? Opinions?  I do wonder how it would fair considering Here Lies Loves short stay on Broadway.  I don’t know if this is the next Come From Away. But I am curious on some more information. 

Long Broadway stages
 Jul 7 2024, 04:43:11 PM

Was wondering what Broadway theatres have long stages (or wide). I know the winter garden has a wonderfully long stage. Which others?  

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 6 2024, 01:47:22 PM

Kad said: "You would need a beloved icon like Cher (another name that has occasionally been attached to Rudin's alleged revival instead of Toni Colette in repetitions of the rumor) to make Mame work."

I wonder if Cher as a prospect is dead as well. The sad reality is headlining a musical with 80 on the horizon is no easy task.  I wonder if even Jennifer Coolidge or Catherine OHara would be too small of name to sell the show.     🤔 Reba? 

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 5 2024, 09:56:13 AM

Saddest news I’ve heard this week is that the Light Night Music revival with Julie andrews and cate Blanchett that Rudin was working on was now officially killed. 

as well yes. Maggie Smith has officially retired from any stage work. 

all very sad that the greats are done

HELLO, I'M DOLLY bio-musical headed for the stage!
 Jul 3 2024, 03:22:03 PM

Back like 10 years ago coal miners daughter was supposed to be brought to stage with zoey de Chanel I don’t know what ever happened to that 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 26 2024, 10:23:20 AM

I understood they’d be announcing the actor to succeed Eddie in the next 10-14 days(“mid-July”). Apparently it’s a bigger name than Eddie.  My honest initial thought was it would be Timothee Chalamet for a run to Feb/March. But I have no idea. 

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 23 2024, 12:34:03 AM

Webber

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 17 2024, 01:53:22 PM

Offf this quite possibly was the laziest Tony’s I’d ever seen. The performances were meh the speeches were boring and I found went on for ages.  The better parts were merrily. But that was about it.  It lacked starriness. It lacked… quality (?) it just seemed to drag out. I actually detested it.  As someone who for decades would do the ballots and see the shows etc. this was a over-bloated nothing.   And they made a big deal of how many shows opened. But

HELLO, I'M DOLLY bio-musical headed for the stage!
 Jun 7 2024, 10:20:58 AM

Of all the bio musicals I’m most excited for this. I think it has a chance to be really well done. And now that Dolly has stopped touring it’s not like there will be the competition of the real vs tribute.  Ala Cher.  
I love that she’s taken her time with this and is completely involved in its creation.  I’m hoping Kristin Chenoweth is cast. It’s really a Tony winning role imo.  I love that it’s a blend of original music and hits.

BEACHES The Musical (or, musicals that replaced the composer & score)
 May 24 2024, 08:02:25 PM

Does anyone actually think this will make the transfer to Broadway?   I don’t know. I think it’s quite “under realized” or maybe it just doesn’t work as a musical.  Like the stuff that I’ve seen coming out of this version has been unfortunately lacklustre.  Yet I think. Somehow they are going bring it and it’s going to tank

Musicals that will never be revived on Broadway
 May 20 2024, 08:39:06 AM

I feel we will never see revivals for:

spiderman turn off the dark

something rotten

almost famous

ghost

bad Cinderella 

addams family

beautiful noise

cher show

beautiful

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 09:22:32 AM

Worst: Rocky, War Paint, Pretty Woman, King Kong, Jagged Little Pill

Misguided; Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark, Evita (revival), If/Then (I didn’t mind it light some)

Overhyped: Aladdin, Anastasia, Frozen, Water For Elephants

DC Theater - Swept Away
 May 17 2024, 11:48:14 AM

So does it seem that this won’t be brought in this 2024-5 season to Broadway? I was waiting for an announcement 

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 09:58:08 AM

I agree with the Dame.  Most recently I attended sound of music with the trigger warnings all posted and when they would happen in the show… then why go? Included in the warning was “nazi images and symbols “ at this point is anyone is going to SoM needing that as a warning you best also warn them about the nuns (if they are triggered by Christian or holy images), seven children (if they are triggered by the idea of procreation, lost a child, or is a former teacher and

Next Sondheim?
 May 3 2024, 09:28:27 PM

It would be great to see a celebration ala Sondheim 80.  My guess is we won’t until 2030 and there would be a celebratory Sondheim100 splash.  

Insert name of show : posting closing notices
 May 2 2024, 06:49:37 PM

Well Lempika will be closing in two weeks.  I guess up next with be heart of rock and roll. I wonder if they’ll be going next week.   I still think great Gatsby will close up shop before the other Gatsby comes in next season.  

Insert name of show : posting closing notices
 Apr 30 2024, 10:22:50 AM

Wow beat me to it.  

im going to say

heart of rock and roll - closes within the next 21 days

lempicka - closes within the next 21 days

suffs - closes after july 4 weekend

great Gatsby - makes it through the summer. But not the year. 

back to the future - makes it through to September long weekend

the notebook- closes by September long weekend

water for elephants - closes in January 

the wiz -

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You