News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nefertiti

Member Name: Nefertiti
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 12 2016, 12:26:37 AM

Found some articles that are surely an interesting read. It is something that I fear and hope wont happen after Bye Bye Birdie

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1598410/what-do-hairsprays-ratings-mean-for-the-future-of-live-musicals

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leeseymour/2016/12/08/why-do-nbcs-live-musicals-keep-tanking/#65da039b332f

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 10 2016, 09:57:17 PM

The title White Christmas is enormously popular especially at this time of the year. Besides the film, the stage adaption also enjoyed huge success with a production still touring, and frequently done by regional theater groups. So if it ever had to be done, it would definitely generate interest even by non theater fans just like Sound of Music did. 

That being said, I think it would definitely create more excitement than the one we are getting for 2017. 

10 Best Movie Adaptations of Musicals  Dec 10 2016, 04:15:51 PM

There is nothing better than enjoying a live musical on stage, so my perspective on movie musicals is a bit harsh as I never seem to enjoy a tune with either changed tempo or lower keys. Also once a piece transfer from stage to screen there are always changes, extra dialogue or what annoys me most are deleted Musical numbers which made me despise every movie musical ever made. 

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 9 2016, 12:51:55 PM

QueenAlice said: "I still really question the wisdom of following up HAIRSPRAY with BYE BYE BIRDIE, which is essentially the same kind of musical set in the same time period. Given the ratings were so down for HAIRPSRAY, I think they should have waited to announce and instead gone with something more contemporary.

Hairspray is more well known than Bye Bye Birdie and it failed miserably. I also wish they would shelf it now before its too late.

"

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 9 2016, 12:49:51 PM

Levi should be cast in White Christmas than this. He will be perfect.

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 06:32:54 PM

Both Wilson and Levi have a good fan base. Santino Fonatana will also be great in White Christmas. 

I sure would love to see this happen and a treat to see Patrick Wilson doing a musical. As I have said before its also about time they go with something festive at this time of the year. 

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 04:44:59 PM

White Christmas gets my vote.

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 04:30:56 PM

Legally Blonde was done by MTV. I don`t think it needs to be re made. After last night's ratings they need to sit down and come up with a title that will attract a lot of viewers which maybe just like Sound of Music is based on a well known movie. The Wizard of Oz is what comes to mind but after The Wiz that its unlikely to happen West Side Story and Fiddler on the Roof should be really taken into consideration. 

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 01:05:26 PM

Its high time they should try to go with White Christmas live at this time of the year. I cannot understand why it hasn't been done before. 

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2016, 12:45:39 PM

The way the show began with Jessie J running through the sets, cast members taking selfies with cell phones, audience members cheering, musical numbers being shot amongst audience members, that is what made Grease resemble a variety show rather than a movie for television. Personally I prefer NBC's style.

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2016, 12:31:40 PM

Fox beat NBC at their own game - they PWNED them.

Fox approach was different than NBC. Their style was like a variety show, when NBC goes for a more cinematic feel to make it more like a movie. 

The problem with Hairspray was that they used Grease`s recipe, and that is what failed last night. Outdoor filming should be eliminated for these broadcasts. 

Next NBC Live Musical  Dec 8 2016, 12:12:45 AM

I hope NBC scraps Bye Bye Birdie

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread  Dec 8 2016, 12:11:54 AM

I loved Hairspray on stage, hated it on screen and beginning to doubt why this was ever considered to be a live television musical. Maybe it would have been much better, had they pre-recorded it. Technically it was the first live broadcast that was a mess, not that the other three did not have issues but Hairspray was bad.

I have said this before and will say it again but something is not right when it comes to the selection of titles. There are lot of musicals that would make a great

RIP United States Theatre: 1750-2016  Nov 9 2016, 12:56:33 PM

Its safe to say that like most people on here I am heartbroken about the result and yes scared to what might happen to the Broadway industry after this goof takes the oval office. 

Mark Ballas in Jersey Boys?  Oct 3 2016, 10:15:25 PM

Broadway_Boy said: "I could definitely see that happening.  It's happening more and more.  

I do hope it does.

Mark Ballas in Jersey Boys?  Oct 3 2016, 05:01:20 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't find the thread about the final performance, but I do hope that Jersey Boys would follow Rent's footsteps and give us a DVD release, especially with the Las Vegas and the London productions also ending their runs soon. Like me there are lot of fans of this show that would love to own it. 

Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Sep 15 2016, 02:10:39 PM

Got to agree to disagree. If you haven't seen the original staging, you would probably enjoy the tour. However, if you have seen the original you would end up comparing and that is what spoils the fun. By the time South Pacific got to a nearby city, it did differ from the Lincoln center and with and understudy for Nellie that night,  made me regret the choice of wanting to see South Pacific again. 

I have doubts if  will get the see the

Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Sep 15 2016, 12:45:29 PM

The complete score is not in the film version and as always the piece differs from stage to screen.I miss I have dreamed each time I watch the movie. The original piece has a class of its own and do hope that like other shows that has been recently done this one would happen after all it may be a long time since another revival happens. 

Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Sep 15 2016, 11:48:33 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "I hope LCT records this in return for not recording the Broadway run. 

The King and I should be a choice for a Live TV Musical. It would be an excellent way to introduce the piece to many people across the country. 

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Sep 15 2016, 11:24:47 AM

What I was referring to as a dated piece is my fair lady.

Anyway I have doubts this piece will resonate with American audiences in 2017 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You