News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TaylorF221

Member Name: TaylorF221
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BAM Next Wave Festival
 Oct 26 2022, 10:32:03 AM

Chiming in to say I really loved this. It was easily the best and (funnily) the most accessible thing Ivo has done, even with all the blood and violence. No cameras, no Ivo "tricks", just a heartbreaking story told well.

If you hate the book, you will obviously hate this, but if you liked the book you will be happy with the adaptation. I thought the critics were quite off as it's cool to hate on a book that a lot of people love.

Have also heard r

Eddie Redmayne & Jessie Buckley to lead West End CABARET in Fall 2021
 May 21 2021, 12:00:13 PM

Jordan, it is at the Playhouse, they're remodeling it into the round, reducing capacity, and renaming for the show!

Will Funny Girl EVER have a Broadway revival?
 Feb 16 2021, 11:58:03 PM

nealb1 said: "TaylorF221, time will tell."

Yes, time will tell if this revival will be a victim of the pandemic. However, it was never just a rumor and was actively being produced for what would have been this or next season, depending on which theatre became available. 

Phantom to change to
 Feb 16 2021, 11:55:28 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: Considering the "sprucing up" it got in the West End was initially planned for Broadway, it would not terribly surprise me. If the Broadway set's in better shape, really all they've got to do is take out the common elements from Her Majesty's and graft on the new stuff. Probably wouldn't even need a full loadout."

You hit the nail on the head. The issue is loadout/load in, which is significantly more expensive in NY than i

Phantom to change to
 Feb 16 2021, 11:03:49 AM

Just chiming in to say I heard the same rumors as Gdelgi. 

Apparently the Broadway set is in much better shape than the London set, and now because of the pandemic it will be spruced up rather than loaded out and replaced. They will implement cost cutting measures across the board though, and the main thing is the orchestra will be reduced significantly and the tour orchestrations put in. This is all secondhand though, take that for what you will!

Will Funny Girl EVER have a Broadway revival?
 Feb 16 2021, 11:00:19 AM

nealb1 said: As far as Idina, when those rumors started a few years back, it was just rumors. No reputable news agency reported it. Never going to happen.

The thing is this WAS happening and still might happen. This wasn't just a "rumor", Sonia Friedman holds the rights, and was transferring her London production with Idina to a Shubert theatre. The book is being rewritten again by Harvey (after he rewrote the London production) as a 'memory play'

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Mar 30 2019, 01:26:46 PM

WhizzerMarvin said:  "Hadestown should easily take Musical and Score"

Whizzer I wouldn't give Hadestown Best Musical so easily. Yes, the Tony's like supporting the more 'artistic' musical, but I would say that Hadestown is even more esoteric than The Bands Visit, and I'm not sure older voters will swing to it. Tootsie also has the road vote and some serious Broadway vets as it's producers/backers. 

All to sa

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Mar 30 2019, 01:55:07 AM

BdwyFan said: "I agree ^. The Prom is definitely the feel-good musical of the season and people are really connecting with the show."

Huh? The Prom is barely making ends meet week by week, not sure how much a general audience is connecting with the show. Tootsie, Aint Too Proud, and Cher are all pretty "feel-good" so not sure I would consider The Prom that show "of the season"

SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
 Sep 18 2017, 11:00:02 AM

It was the plan for Jake to announce this on TV for a while. The album sounds INCREDIBLE and is honestly worth the wait. Everyone has worked super hard on it including Stephen and James who really wanted to make a special record of this production.

Aug 18 2017, 01:24:45 PM

Bdn223- I think you're quite wrong about DEH being a lock. With Bette from Dolly and Jake from Sunday I think it will actually be quite a race given the politics of the Grammy's (where the 'actual' best album usually never wins and they give it to the celebrity of the winner for best musical)

Jacobsnhz14- I can't say much other than what I've said! Once the release date comes out you won't have to wait long. 

Aug 18 2017, 12:38:12 PM

10086Sundays - I am legit. And I love how "rumor" is they're releasing it before Grammy cutoff when I was the one who told ya'll that!

Anyway the album is on track and is being finalized now. 

I promise you this album is well worth the wait. It sounds beautiful. 

Jun 28 2017, 12:48:48 AM

I know the chromolume was recorded in full but don't know whether they will cut it for the recording :)

Jun 27 2017, 05:42:16 PM

Musically it is basically complete, there is also some dialogue, but it won't be a PS Classics style album with full scenes as tracks. 

Jun 27 2017, 04:40:57 PM

^ I'm working on the album

Jun 27 2017, 04:09:17 PM

It's coming in September guys, before Grammy cutoff date. 

Riedel on the last minute race for Tony wins
 Jun 6 2017, 10:58:07 PM

I agree that Riedel is BS'ing when it comes to Best Musical race, but I think he is serious when it comes to the best play race.

I don't think most people thought ADHP2 had a chance two/three weeks ago but Rudin has done some serious campaigning and spent the big bucks. I think it now has a chance come Sunday and Oslo is definitely not a lock. 

In honor of the revival - CATS! Original Production Photographs
 Jul 14 2016, 02:18:40 AM

Growltiger is cut, but with a replacement. 

Full orchestra with revised orchestrations, lot's of strings. Resembles the expanded orchestrations they did for the DVD. The orchestra is rocking and sounds great.

Cats Previews
 Jul 13 2016, 11:25:39 PM

There was a very small/exclusive final dress tonight so I can't say much.

First things first, weird people are spreading rumors about the quick death of the show. It has been selling extremely well (especially in group sales) and already has a multi-million dollar advance.  Love or hate it, Cats will be taking up the Simon for a while.

Also, Andy was attached to help choreograph the show long before Hamilton. He was observing with Gillian in

Next WICKED Cast
 Aug 19 2015, 01:23:18 AM

Alright ZellMorrowPledge, obviously you don't have to listen to me, but as someone who has many years experience in Broadway casting I think I know what I'm talking about. Again, I know you think he is "above incredible", but he was barely even mentioned in the NYTimes Evan Hansen review, and that press of him as the "New face of the American Musical" was show publicity to gain some PR in a Hamilton dominated press month when Stacey Mindich was trying to

Next WICKED Cast
 Aug 18 2015, 10:36:05 PM

Guys, lets be honest here. Ben Platt is a fine actor, but wouldn't really put him "above incredible". There are a bunch of other fine, even better actors, trying to get acting jobs in this city. He wouldn't have got the jobs he got without Dad. And c'mon, another son with extremely few legit acting credits makes his bway debut in Wicked? He might be great in the role, but again, not there without his Dad. Not a judgment, but it really is all about who you know (or w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You