News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TobuIshi

Member Name: TobuIshi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Matilda Tour?
 Aug 19 2015, 05:51:38 PM

The first performance in Seattle ( 8/18 ) was a bit of a debacle, unfortunately. More discussion here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1086071&dt=11

Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
 Aug 19 2015, 05:48:22 PM

See, that's what puzzled me the most when I poked around these forums a little. Many of the same issues we had in Seattle seem to have been cropping up in other tour locations for months now? Albeit not to the extremes we saw, but still...

I don't see why they haven't at least worked out an alternate staging of some sort for "School Song" (the big number that establishes the frightening atmosphere at Crunchem Hall), rather than routinely skipping the entir

Trouble at Matilda Tour in Seattle
 Aug 19 2015, 04:12:48 PM

Hullo, all! My husband and I were at the first performance of Matilda in Seattle last night, so I took a moment to register so I could post our experience. (An advance caveat: I've done amateur theater for most of my life and I'm well aware that tech problems happen. That said, I think the situation was rather poorly handled overall, though I'm not sure how much of the blame rests respectively with the touring staff or the 5th Avenue Theatre staff.)

The show was sch

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You