News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frik

Member Name: frik
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Happy 75th Birthday Barbra
 Apr 24 2017, 09:56:03 PM

Happy birthday, Barbra.
See you Saturday!

sk

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Apr 8 2017, 08:24:42 AM

I managed to get tickets the day they went on sale. the only problem was, when I logged into Ticketmaster, I unfortunately did not get a choice of seats. That's of course the way I would have preferred: the choose-from-map option.
Instead, everytime I tried, Ticketmaster made the section for me (of course, within the section I had chosen) and I could either accept or decline. I wanted seats within the first five-or-so rows (Orchestra) but never even came close. I finally had to

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
 Apr 6 2017, 03:56:17 PM

Next week: April 11.
Hope to read about it here!!

sk

SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
 Apr 4 2017, 09:01:25 AM

I don't think any photos were posted yet.

At least, I don't see any.

sk

Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
 Mar 31 2017, 01:05:26 AM

Most definitely yes! Used it only a couple of times, but to my complete satisfaction.

sk

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
 Mar 29 2017, 08:08:17 AM

I managed to get good seats (I'm pretty sure) for the last week of April. They had not been on sale that long, so I thought it would be fun to go for the table seats: seats E10 and E11. 
Now by that time Norm Lewis and Carolee Carmello will have taken over the leads and as I'm not familiar with either performer, I can't wait to hear audience reactions. I'm sure I'll be reading them here first.
(Almost) being part of the show sounds like a lot of fun...but I&

Mar 17 2017, 11:36:20 AM

Alec3 said: "SK, replying to your front row question:

I also had front row seats. The good news is, you will be able to see Glenn Close, and cast very well, and feel the power of it.

You will have a great time front row, you will feel they are performing just for you! Enjoy! 
"

Thanks, Alec3, I'm sure I will.
The seats are front-row centre, so that should help.

Lot666 suggested contacting Ticketmaster and try

Mar 17 2017, 11:28:58 AM

Lot666 said: "frik said: "...I'll be in New York the last week of April and many good seats were left. But I think I might have made a mistake in my enthusiasm this was so: I got myself two front-row-centre seats, at $299 each....Ouch....
Now I don't mind having spent so much money - the most expensive ever for a Broadway show I attended. But a couple of posts back some people were commenting on the size of the stage and that front-row seats were really to close

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 17 2017, 06:42:39 AM

Huge Bette Midler fan from the Netherlands here. First time I saw miss Midler was way back in the 70s, in Vancouver's (British Columbia) The Cave. I caught a few more of Bette's shows a couple of years later (again in Vancouver, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre) but then I moved to the Netherlands and never saw Bette live again.
Of course, when I found out bette would be Dolly Levi I just had to be there. The day tickets went on sale I was hunting for the best seats I could find.

Mar 17 2017, 06:32:33 AM

I first saw Sunset Boulevard in London's West End, a couple of weeks after its world premiere. The main reason I went was because it's an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, plus the fact I love the movie. I liked (no more than that) Patti LuPone, was not too impressed with the score (sorry guys) but was glad having seen the original production. Over the years, the score grew on me, but I've never seen another SB production.

When it was announced Bette Midler would b

STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
 Sep 11 2015, 02:22:39 PM

enjoyable2 said: "Her voice is a shadow of its former self. "

Saw Barbra live in Brooklyn and Toronto in 2012, Amsterdam twice in 2013 and the Voice was there. Of course it has changed compared to decades ago. So yes, age has taken some of the higher notes, but her middle range is still there - and then some. 

Nobody can phrase as Barbra Streisand can. Sinatra could. But Barbra's interpretive skills are without peer.

Bring her on, Mama Ro

STREISAND wants to make GYPSY
 Aug 29 2015, 07:07:31 AM

lovebwy said: "Her voice is shot to hell"

Definitely not. I attended four of Barbra's 2012/2013 concerts, and the voice was still there.

sk

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You