News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lorelai

Lorelai Profile Photo
Member Name: Lorelai
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Re: Surprising good Community Theater??????  Sep 7 2009, 12:27:54 PM
Papermnill Playhouse in NJ isn't as painful as I once thought it would be.
re: Bea Arthur 9/14 tribute at the Majestic - still on?  Sep 7 2009, 12:24:26 PM
I'm guessing yes...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007996.html?categoryid=1237&cs=1

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Angela_Lansbury_To_Host_CELEBRATING_BEA_ARTHUR_Memorial_Service_914_20090901

re: Everyday Rapture: First Preview  May 3 2009, 01:39:21 PM
I wouldn't say they changed alot but little things here and there. Things that got a little laugh the first time I saw it now has the the whole or most of the audience cracking up.

re: Everyday Rapture: First Preview  May 3 2009, 12:29:31 AM
Just got back from seeing the show for the second time. I really felt more energy both onstage and off tonight. Plus, they now end with "Up The Ladder" by The Supremes which really showed off Sherie's voice.

Also, I went with about 15 people who had never heard of Sherie before tonight and they absolutely loved the show.

re: Everyday Rapture: First Preview  Apr 18 2009, 02:50:21 AM
So...a little late but here is my review of Everyday Rapture.

First, I have to say that I've seen a couple versions of the show, once at the "You May Now Worship Me" benefit and at her work in progress show at The Zipper. Second, I have to admit that I think that seeing a "one night show" creates a certain excitement/energy in both the performer and the audience that is rare in a show that is performed 8 times a week. I know that, as an audience member, there is a certain excitement in

re: Other Tony Winners in Disney shows.(ie Prince in Mermaid)  Apr 12 2009, 11:58:16 PM
Um, Sutton Foster was a Tony winner in everything she's done after TMM.

Plus Christine Ebersole was a nominee and winner for 42nd Street, including Grey Gradens.

You did start by asking about Tony winners, right?

re: Everyday Rapture: First Preview  Apr 12 2009, 11:52:18 PM
I am kind of disappointed that there have been changes since the "You May Now Worship Me" performance. I had seen the show before that at The Zipper and I only thought it had improved on what I already thought was a great show.

I'm seeing the show on Tuesday, I'll post my review after.

Also, seeing the show first week of May with a bunch of people who are not familiar with the past versions....I hope it is as entertaining to them as the last version was to me.

who have you gotten stuff back from?  Apr 4 2009, 09:48:47 PM
"I am kicking myself because I missed Marcia Mitzman at the stage door. I'm totally of the mind set that actors are not required to greet fans but....considering she was the only person I wanted to meet, I was pretty bummed."
Posted On: 12/16/08 at 12:05 AM

UPDATE: The above was posted by me back in December in a thread aboutt he Tommy reunion concert. Since part of me was embarrassed, because I don't usually do this sort of thing, I didn't add that I also wrote Ms. Mitzman a short

re: Guys & Dolls photoshoot  Jan 9 2009, 02:11:30 PM
I heart Lauren Graham.
re: Eartha Kitt has died  Dec 25 2008, 07:21:21 PM
Oh wow, I can't believe shehas passed away! My mother and I were just talking about how great she was in he Great Joy concert when she "interrupted" then joined Stephanie D'Abruzzo for a version of "Santa Baby". She will be missed
re: Just got home from the Tommy reunion.  Dec 16 2008, 03:20:57 PM
I do not know who is going to release it but I saw them taping it and at intermission I asked what they were taping it for and the camera operator said they were planning to release it. I asked specifically if he meant to the general public and he said yes.
re: Just got home from the Tommy reunion.  Dec 16 2008, 12:41:11 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to add that I spoke to someone working at the show, they DID record the show tonight and are planning to release it.
re: Just got home from the Tommy reunion.  Dec 16 2008, 12:18:39 AM
Without a Trace, since you seemed to enjoy Ms. Mitzman's performance as well I feel i need to mention one more thing...."Smash the Mirror".

Now I have always loved this song and was keeping my fingers crossed that Ms. Mitzman would be able to deliver a similar performance to the one on the cast recording. Let me just say.....I thought it was better. The "rise...rise...rise..rise.." part just blew me away. And the rest of the audience too, considering they erupted into cheers.

Just got home from the Tommy reunion.  Dec 16 2008, 12:05:10 AM
Just got home from the Tommy reunion concert and I must say, I thought it was excellent. Done in true concert style with screen behind the actors with photos and video from the original show playing in sync with what was happening in each scene.

Personally, and by no shock really, I thought Marcia Mitzman was absolutely amazing. If I didn't know better, I'd say she's been a steady Broadway performer for years. A close second was Cheryl Freeman as The Gypsy. She totally brought the h

re: Where's the stage door? thread  Dec 15 2008, 10:43:40 AM
August Wilson stage door? Anyone?
re: Where's the stage door? thread  Dec 15 2008, 10:43:24 AM
August Wilson stage door? Anyone?
re: Standing room for tommy  Dec 15 2008, 10:37:36 AM
I'd contact Rockers on Broadway and ask that. I wouldn't think so though. I can't think of any benefit concerts I'm been to that offered standing room.
re: Is Sandy Australian??  Dec 14 2008, 01:19:48 PM
Meryl Streep in The French Lieutenant's Woman
re: For those going to the Tommy reunion on Monday....  Dec 14 2008, 01:13:15 PM
bump
re: For those going to the Tommy reunion on Monday....  Dec 11 2008, 08:28:41 PM
Thanks for posting that! I was wondering when Playbill was going to do their photo call!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You