News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for serene_embers

Member Name: serene_embers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jan 13 2016, 11:39:36 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Link: I can't think of anyone. Anybody but Darren Criss.

Ansel Elgort?
Jonathan Groff?
Grant Gustin?
Jeremy Jordan?

"

I think Grant and Ansel are the best options on this list.  Jeremy and Groff are a bit too old, IMO.  Though I think Jeremy would be a good Corny.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jan 13 2016, 02:11:40 PM

I actually quite liked the latest movie version that was done (nearly 10 years ago now!) so I'm kinda...indifferent about this at the moment.  Though I can understand choosing it for this particular type of production.

I really enjoyed James Marsden as Corny in the film.  I think he could still pull it off.  I also really loved Zac as Link but think he's aged out by now.

Santino Fontana On TV Now  Jan 8 2016, 12:50:29 PM

Laura Osnes posted on Instagram in September joking about how all of her "ex stage-boyfriends" are now on TV that I thought was cute.

1. Stark Sands is on Minority Report.

2. Santino is on the show already mentioned in this post.

3. Colin Donnell is on Chicago Med.

4. Steve Pasquale is on American Crime Story

and 5) Jeremy Jordan is on Supergirl.

Hamilton Cast  Jan 7 2016, 12:06:38 PM

NewsiesForever said: "Lin must really love Newsies as David Guzman joins the cast of Hamilton making him the 3rd Newsie(s) cast member in the hit Broadway musical. 

"

Christopher Gattelli put those guys through it with his choreography for Newsies.  All of them are so talented.  I like seeing Ephraim and Thayne in the show since they were two of my favorite OBC Newsies.  Exciting to see another one join!

Hamilton Cast  Jan 6 2016, 11:47:41 AM

NewsiesForever said: "I have a question is Thayne Jasperson still a member of the Hamilton broadway cast? I know that he was injured for a while and missed a few shows, but I would like to know if he has returned to the company? 

"

My friend saw the show last night at Thayne was back in and said his dancing looked great throughout (which was refreshing since I know he'd been battling injury).  Phillipa is on vacation so Alysha was

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 6 2016, 11:40:13 AM

Hellob said: "ChildofEarth said: "Hellob said: "ChildofEarth said: "They moved people within the theater, according to a friend who was there and tried her hardest to get moved.

<

Getting Hamilton tix thru Ticketmaster Resale  Jan 6 2016, 11:37:03 AM

I'm also from CA and say Hamilton on a trip to NY.

I purchased through Ticketmaster because of the new ticket/barcode that someone mentioned below.  I felt safer that way.

Can a white person be cast as Hamilton or Angelica?  Jan 5 2016, 05:08:08 PM

mpd4165 said: "serene_embers said: "ksilver117 said: "I seem to remember Lin saying something in an interview along the lines of "As long as the founding fathers in the show don't look like the actual founding fathers, it's ok." I can't remember if this was solely applying to school/regional productions, or if he meant it to cover the major professional productions as well, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.<

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 5 2016, 04:25:51 PM

alliesinger said: "I entered once and received seven "you were not selected" e-mails. I get it, Broadway Direct. I get it.

"

My friend who entered got nine "ya lost" emails!

Can a white person be cast as Hamilton or Angelica?  Jan 5 2016, 04:18:17 PM

ksilver117 said: "I seem to remember Lin saying something in an interview along the lines of "As long as the founding fathers in the show don't look like the actual founding fathers, it's ok." I can't remember if this was solely applying to school/regional productions, or if he meant it to cover the major professional productions as well, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.

"

I'd love to see women play the

Full Casting for 'Disaster!'  Jan 5 2016, 02:51:02 PM

jwsel said: "serene_embers said: "Ben & Lisa will be portrayed by Baylee Littrell in his Broadway debut (he's the 13 year old son of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys).

"

He played the role at the Los Angeles Actor's Fund performance and was absolutely fantastic.  It's great that he will be playing the role again (though I still have to scratch my head at Disaster! getting a Broadway run).

"

Full Casting for 'Disaster!'  Jan 5 2016, 12:01:35 PM

Ben & Lisa will be portrayed by Baylee Littrell in his Broadway debut (he's the 13 year old son of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys).

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jan 4 2016, 01:38:38 AM

HSky said: "Funny you mention that - prior to Act 2, there was a message from the King that Andrew Chappelle would be on for Reynolds and the Doctor.

I saw him as Reynolds when I saw the show (I think he was performing Sydney James Harcourt's track as Reynolds, the Doctor, and Philip Schuyler because Sydney was on as Washigton).  I enjoyed him. 

Hamilton Cast  Jan 4 2016, 01:28:23 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I was at the Sunday evening performance on January 3, and Thayne was not on.

"

Oops.  Thought I saw something that indicated he was.  My mistake! Hope he heals up for good soon!

Hamilton Cast  Jan 4 2016, 01:10:04 AM

I believe he was back in tonight but missed yesterday.  I'll be able to know for sure on Tuesday as I have a friend who is seeing the show.

Magical Moments on Stage in 2015  Jan 2 2016, 12:12:02 AM

1) Krysta Rodriguez in Spring Awakening.  She was amazing.

2) Non Stop in Hamilton

3) The very last thing that happens in Hamilton about knocked me over.

4) Ben Fankhauser as Huck and Phillip Boykin as Jim in Big River (in Sacramento, CA)

5) Come Up To My Office from Parade at Lincoln Center with Jeremy Jordan

6) If/Then in San Francisco with Idina and Anthony

How many shows....  Jan 1 2016, 11:50:14 PM

In NY:

Hamilton and Spring Awakening.

In CA:

If/Then

Elf The Musical

Hair

West Side Story

Peter Pan

Bye Bye Birdie

Big River

My Fair Lady

Cinderella

Once

Amelie

Taping IS Theft  Dec 31 2015, 02:20:15 PM

Cupid Boy2 said: "I just cannot buy into the idea that any serious theatre fan would equate viewing a bootleg with a live experience and would utilize the availability of a bootleg as grounds for not seeing a show in person when the opportunity presents itself. No recording can replace the feeling of being a part of an audience and seeing a performance unfold in front of you. 

I agree. Have I watched bootlegs? Yes.  I'm in CA and don't have opportuni

Anticipated Shows That Failed to Live Up to Expectations  Dec 31 2015, 01:30:45 PM

CindersGolightly said: "serene_embers said: "Would Bonnie & Clyde be applicable her?   I seem to recall people really liking it a the La Jolla Playhouse and at Asolo Repertory Theatre but it didn't last very long when it transferred (not great reviews and less than stellar attendance).  However, it still has a bit of a cult following even now."

If you didn't see La Jolla, you didn't see the best version of the

Kerry Ellis as Elsa for FROZEN on Broadway  Dec 31 2015, 01:25:11 PM

CindersGolightly said: "Betsy Wolfe, please. Her insane belt on "that perfect girl is gone" changed my life and cured all of my illnesses.

I never even thought of this before but now that you've said it...I LOVE IT.  I love Betsy!  Even if I am Frozen-ed out I think she'd be great!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You