News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sylver1

Member Name: Sylver1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Overrated Musicals Of The Last Ten Years
 Jun 1 2017, 10:30:12 PM

cooltu said: "Fun Home

Hedwig

Falsettos 

Relieved to see somebody else post "Falsettos"...I am  a gay man of a certain age who lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80s and I was profoundly disappointed in a show I was so looking forward to finally seeing. I mean after all the rapturous talk about it etc. etc.… And people were crying around me and I was like "what?"   I almost found it like

Who could replace Ben Platt in
 Apr 17 2017, 08:22:29 PM

Hi… Through a very lucky connection I was able to see "Dear Evan Hansen"  April 12th.  Incredible seats… Katie Holmes was sitting behind us!  I was fortunate to grow up in New York City.... Have seen a lot of shows both musicals and straight plays over the years...including Angela Lansbury's "Gypsy" back in the day…but I have never ever in my life seen such an epic performance like Ben Platt is giving. A

Theater district restaurant suggestions?
 Mar 13 2017, 09:05:09 PM

Thanks for the info… And made the correction! Appreciate it

Theater district restaurant suggestions?
 Mar 13 2017, 08:55:41 PM

Hi… Have tickets for "Dear Evan Hansen"  on Friday, April 7… Only way I got them was through an incredibly good connection who got us House seats. I'm not the jealous type but yes I would be jealous of me as well! Ha ha...Anyway… Pre-theater dinner suggestions in the theater district?  Did a search and apparently nobody has posted anything recently… Joe Allen?  Would rather hear from you guys… Much better than yelp&hell

And more Trump vs Hamilton Parody
 Nov 24 2016, 11:16:16 AM

Hi..was not aware of divorce talk and his wife filed, changed her mind and refiled apparently......certainly woman with him looked like the pics I just googled of his wife....just assumed it was his wife....maybe not? 

And more Trump vs Hamilton Parody
 Nov 23 2016, 08:18:47 PM

Late to the thread...but...

I was there. Had house seats through an old friend who knew a member of the company. A personal miracle considering how hard I have tried to see it in the past. The opening booing is only part of the story. 

Because they were House seats they were GREAT seats… Front row center front mezzanine… Basically the 10th row (?) or so orchestra only you're up 15 feet or whatever it is so you can really see the choreogr

Tony's in light of Orlando shooting.
 Jun 12 2016, 10:53:21 AM

Now 50 dead and the worst mass shooting in US history. Just beyond horrible.  All those probably young lives lost and their families…just no words. Clearly, this has to be addressed on the show, which realistically has to go on and cannot be canceled. Poor James Corden. How should they handle this? Only thing I can come up with is a cold open of the show with a very simple version of "You Have To Be Carefully Taught"  from South Pacific.&nbs

Blackbird Question (WITH SPOILERS)
 Jun 10 2016, 11:21:42 AM

You may want to see the interview that Michelle Williams and Jeff Daniels did on the Charlie Rose show recently… Jeff Daniels is doing the part from the standpoint that Ray is lying to himself… Once a child molester always a child  molester… Never occurred to me that he might be grooming the girl even if he has never touched her yet… Interesting theory… I always took it as it makes you immediately assume that she is the new Una in his li

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets
 Jun 9 2016, 12:13:40 AM

Gypsy… Sent you a private thank you message for not flaming me about posting the Times article twice…OY.... And yes… An increase of 21 tickets to 46 tickets for the lottery isn't much in light of 10,000 people entering every day... But that said… At the end of the year those 25 tickets means that roughly 9000 people extra are going to see the show for 10 bucks... Based on seven performances a week for the lottery as opposed to 8... 7×

Hamilton New Block of Tickets
 Jun 8 2016, 11:04:20 PM

Honestly I've been wondering that myself… So many people said that two thirds of the orchestra is now 849 a seat… Don't know what the breakout is but there are more than 300 seats in the orchestra… And apparently the side orchestra seats are in the 179/199 range… Of course the world and then some are probably going to make Ticketmaster crash Sunday night...so we shall see what happens. Good luck to us all and by the way… Posted this on another thread… Article in the New York Times that they are upping the lottery tickets to 46 up from 21… So that is something as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/09/theater/hamilton-raises-ticket-prices-the-best-seats-will-now-cost-849.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad

Today at
 Jun 8 2016, 10:49:34 PM

It has probably reached the point where before the performance a person needs to come out onstage and basically read the riot act… Turn your cell phones off… No eating food… No sloshing of drinks and ice cubes etc. etc.… Make it clear that people will be thrown out if they disobey.... It is just nuts…that said… The theaters need to not allow food in after intermission etc.

Jun 8 2016, 10:45:29 PM

BIG UPDATE...just saw in the New York Times that they are upping the daily lottery to 46 seats… raising it from 21… 200 seats in the orchestra are now $849… Rest of the house is 179 to 199… I guess I feel better about the whole thing based on that… Something has to be done about the scalpers and I would rather the producers have it than the scalpers...especially when a very small piece of it ends up going to the actors etc.… Not a perfect solution but pretty damn good in my book…

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/09/theater/hamilton-raises-ticket-prices-the-best-seats-will-now-cost-849.html?smid=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad

Blackbird Closing Before Tonys
 Jun 8 2016, 05:06:04 PM

It was announced as a limited run… Was never supposed to go beyond  this week. They were both on Charlie Rose a little while ago and both said that it was just physically and emotionally exhausting…Saw it a couple of months ago… Quite something… Great great performances by both… Unsettling topic and no firm answers… Gave you a lot to think about.

Jun 7 2016, 02:18:50 PM

Personally I would wait. The OBC will be gone… As well a lot of the craziness… Things at some point have to calm down.  Unless of course it matters to you whether you want to see it this fall or a year from fall. The other sad truth of this entire situation is that it just made any existing scalper seat in the orchestra that much more sellable and/or valuable. Maybe scalpers weren't selling any seats for 849 in the orchestra anyway… But now I can see th

Jun 7 2016, 01:32:32 PM

Doing some quick math based on the rumored profits at the moment…means Lin's dad is currently making about five grand a week or 250 a year… When all the roadshows etc. are up and running… God knows what that will become. Pretty nice retirement plan… Which means his son is probably making 5 to 10 times that.  Not saying this begrudgingly...his family story is quite amazing and a son looking out for his dad… Nothing wrong with that.  An

Jun 7 2016, 12:09:31 PM

With touring companies in major cities and with the talk about the show literally dying down… I just don't see how they can possibly sell out most of the orchestra at $849 a ticket a year or so from now. I think they're trying to gauge what they can get away with… And the next round of tickets will be priced accordingly… But a year from now? Or year from now when they release new tickets I mean… I can't see how they could possibly still be thi

Jun 7 2016, 11:58:35 AM

This is probably just me but I remember in 1997 when Streisand was doing her first tour and she still had a great voice… And I've loved her forever....just could not bring myself to spend $350 for a seat… Just felt I was being taken advantage of. Feel the same way about this. $849 for most of the orchestra...geez!!! It is really bad karma for a show that in all ways has been about the opposite. It's almost like the producers are going to put the

Jun 7 2016, 12:54:28 AM

Sounds like a platinum card to me… It's certainly not a gold card or one of the green card so you must be fine...feel free to buy an extra seat or two and I will happily pay for them… Best of luck!

Jun 5 2016, 12:45:51 AM

Friend is an assistant for a rich guy who is very cool and has a black card. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get me tickets which of course I would reimburse him for. So this is fantasy stuff… What are the best seats in the house that are not premium seating? Go for front mezzanine as opposed to orchestra? Any advice would be welcome.  And from what I can see on the Ticketmaster website it looks like they are selling tickets through May 2017 for the poster

When Hamilton wins the Pulitzer Prize this week...
 Apr 17 2016, 01:10:32 AM

And it will...can the whole ticket situation...cancellation line etc. situation get any worse? If Chorus Line won, Hamilton just has to. And of course anything can get worse but....just venting I guess. And on a side note..."Blackbird" is sensational....great performances by Michelle Williams and Jeff Daniels and quite thought provoking. See it. Often at half price TKTS booth. Update..and of course they did win… So obvious I can't even humble brag about it becau

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You