News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for legallysam

legallysam Profile Photo
Member Name: legallysam
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Artwork That Never Was
 Jul 21 2020, 05:54:16 AM
Hi All,

I just had a memory of a (possible) NYT article that explored all the potential artwork designs for the La Cage Aux Folles revival and how much I loved seeing them all.

Ive done a bit of searching and have found some Hamilton, Hadestown and Frozen developments - just wondering if there were anymore?

Kiss of the Spider Woman with Audra?
 Jan 13 2015, 05:23:10 PM
Forget Cats, this seems like the perfect vehicle for Nicole Scherzinger to make her Broadway debut. She has the glamour, the sex appeal, the voice and killer moves.
Eddie Redmayne Joins Les Miserables Movie
 Nov 1 2011, 08:27:27 PM
looks pretty certain that they're going with an unknown for Cosette. They had auditions last week and the week before in London at the Queen's Theatre. Girls required to look no older than 18 (they were very strict with this) everyone they saw had to sing the top C version of Heart Full of Love and then they did a short screen test.
Legally blonde- London Cast Recording
 Aug 18 2010, 03:13:47 PM
The shows facebook said it'll be available on USA iTunes in the next 10days :)
Kelli's Return to South Pacific
 Aug 11 2010, 05:58:50 AM
i was gonna say! theres far more pointless threads on this board than this...its not much to ask how someone at the show thought it went and how Kelli was. and people wonder where the bitchy reputation comes from
Are we all sick of Lea Michelle as Fanny Brice
 Jul 14 2010, 06:18:55 PM
There's me thinking the show had opened, come out of previews and we'd all seen Lea Michele play the role...
A Little Night Music Redux
 Jul 14 2010, 06:15:43 PM
To be honest, it's not as if Nunn sat down and decided, you know what, this score could be so much better with just an 8person orchestra. We all know this show comes from the Menier Chocolate Factory and we know the restrictions this brings, but instead of seeing restrictions, Nunn worked around it and created a production that was cohesive with the venue it was create for. To then change this production in anyway just because you move to a bigger house would be tampering with the original conce
Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
 Jun 17 2010, 08:49:22 AM
At the end of the day the group might not be about Movie Stars being on Broadway, but you can't have it both ways. If you're happy with movie stars on broadway, then they should be at the Tony's.

It's not a case of, Scar Jo, CZJ and Denzel Washington were there for fits and giggles, and Green Day performed because they had nothing to do that night. Everyone who was there and performed had something to do with Broadway. So when he complains about the state of the Tony Awards, he is essen

Lea Michele named one of Time's 100 Most Influential People of 2010
 Apr 29 2010, 06:21:29 PM
it's all well and good saying that Jane Lynch and Ryan Murphy should be on the list, but Lea Michele is the girl that all the other little girls watch on Glee, "their favouritest programme ever" and they see her singing every week etc. and she probably influences a lot of girls, especially those with a love for musical theatre/singing. I can't see an 11 year old girl wanting to be like Sue Sylvester when they're older, but i can see millions of girls aspiring to be someone like Rachel Berry, a g
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/28
 Mar 29 2010, 04:18:32 PM
$190,790 for one performance
so 8 performances would be $1,526,320

just short!

How's the balcony @ The Cort?
 Mar 7 2010, 06:09:05 PM
I was slap bang in the middle of row C and saw everything wonderfully...quite squished in, but a really great view.
Laura Bell @ Splash
 Feb 8 2010, 02:59:08 AM
"She tried to look sexy"

she failed

Should Lupone move on from 'Gypsy?'
 Jan 29 2010, 11:54:24 AM
She may have been in some sucesfull productions here in London, but i wouldn't say London loves her. I'm pretty sure that like princeton said, not many people know who she is. She's hardly a star on these shores. If Gypsy was really gonna sell in London, Elaine Paige would be a much bigger draw than LuPone. Hell any minor celebrity in Britain would be more of a draw than LuPone!
Arthur Miller's A View From The Bridge Reviewed
 Jan 6 2010, 12:36:08 PM
Maybe instead of focussing on the "good looking" actor, you should focus on the ugly character? If Liev's acting is as good as i've heard, then you wouldn't find him attractive because he does such a good job of playing the character, whos behaviour is ugly, not necessarily his appearance. I am really looking foward to seein it in February :)
re: Mary Poppins tour changes?
 Nov 9 2009, 05:14:29 PM
I know the UK Tour was set up like a pop up book, and i've just been on the tour website and found these production shots:

http://www.marypoppinsthemusical.co.uk/production_photo.php?p=19

you can see the set in a few of them and it doesn't look much different from the London production at all. I presume the US Tour is using the same designs as the UK Tour, otherwise all this is just useless information :P

re: Sheridan Smith and the UK cast of LB do a fun video to So Much Better
 Sep 30 2009, 07:05:52 PM
"Kyle's kinda unattractive, though, in my opinion"

deffo share this opinion! he looked a bit odd, a bit creepy and oh so gay...bless him!

re: Big in New York, Flop in London (and vice versa?)
 Sep 27 2009, 03:52:35 PM
How hilarious! Scripps makes quite an interesting post stating that it is in fact quite impossible sometimes to do this whole Hit and Flop thing when it comes to London shows, backs his point up with knowledge of what he is talking about and you lot come back with a rather primary response of "takes one to know one".

How very small minded.

Sep 25 2009, 04:37:26 PM
Millie i know the correct deffinition of a flop, I wasn't disputing this fact, however i feel that the constant referral to the deffinition can take away from a fun thread. A thread like this doesn't need constant deffinitions of hits and flops, just let people express their opinions.
 Sep 25 2009, 04:19:08 PM
Actually, i have read the whole thread, and a lot of posters have been unsure about whether shows have recouped or not and have still posted their opinions. The thread is so much more interesting that way, but obviously if we're following you're rules blaxx...
 Sep 25 2009, 03:59:34 PM
blaxx, the oringinal post didn't state fincancial flop, they used flop in the general sense, which could be a mulitude of factors (critical response, ticket sales, general opinion).

And also SANDM2 wasn't implying that the original production of Rent in London wasn't a flop, he was just saying that it wasn't a failure like most believe.

This thread is really interesting and I think it's a thread that is more opinion based and not so technically based, which i like. For instan

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You