News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 6timesnyc

Member Name: 6timesnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Six or Girl from the North Country
 Feb 14 2020, 11:44:46 PM
I’m very split from the crowd on this. I saw the gfnc at The Public and loved it. Six- I saw in Chicago. Two polar opposite shows. Six is loud and like a rock concert - very short at like 85 minutes. It’s ALL FLUFF. Dear God, it is not Tony award worthy- but a lot of fun. The book on gfnc at the Public was a bit of a mess- but I was engrossed in the retelling of Dylan’s music. I was not bored, and could have literally gone to the show 4 hours later to see it again.
Six if you want concert l

SOFT POWER at the Public
 Oct 26 2019, 04:03:19 PM
Saw this today - or at least I tolerated act 1. This is absolute GARBAGE. A dumpster fire. I cannot believe Tesori would have put her name on this. (( And no I’m not a Trump supporter- before any snarky comments- lol.))
Please- save your cash!

King Kong in Trouble?
 Dec 23 2018, 11:07:28 PM
Show was packed tonight. I hate to admit that everyone that has reviewed this on this board was right. I usually think its just people being catty. Lol. Short of 3 songs, I agree with the one post that said they expected at least something besides the puppet to be good. The songs were not even
Good enough to be place holders. I sat there scratching my head and laughing at how awful some of the scenes were.
The dancing In the streets after Kong destroys the city!? WTH?
I thoroughly

AMELIE to close on May 21
 May 4 2017, 11:28:46 PM

"I know it's not worth anything at this point, but this show filled me with a lot of joy, and made me smile so much that it hurt."

I would agree. We saw 7 shows; missing Groundhog Day because of AK's accident cancelling the matinee. While this wasn't groundbreaking, it was utterly charming.  Fourth in my list of favorites on this trip. I have listened to the tracks on YouTube over and over - and can't wait for  the release of the c

Sweat or Bandstand?
 Apr 23 2017, 05:53:30 PM

Bandstand was my third favorite of seven shows  behind DEH and Sunday ITP when we visited last week. Loved the music and dancing ( and I typically don't care for dance musicals). Haven't seen sweat, so can't compare. 

Hamilton Chicago - 2/10/17
 Feb 11 2017, 12:02:23 AM

Review on tonight's performance.... Wayne Brady a no show, his understudy Carl Clemons-Hopkins is an effective Burr, had a tough time with Dear Theodosia's high notes though.  Whole cast had trouble keeping on key in "Alexander Hamilton"- solo parts-- maybe a sound issue?? Karen Olivio is rough tonight also, she screeched her way through most songs.   Saw this cast with Joshua Henry in November and they blew me away. Ari Afsar's Eliza was less than im

AMERICAN PSYCHO is more than you may think
 May 29 2016, 04:18:49 PM

1000% Agree. I saw it in March. I still think about it often, and would see it again if I had the chance. Go while you can! 

Le Mis or Waitress?
 Apr 24 2016, 08:07:03 AM

Have you considered American Psycho? If you get to NYC often waitress could outlast AP, it gets mixed reviews even on this board. I loved both, but AP continues to affect me long after, while Waitress was fun,  but less impactful. (Probably because AP is so unique.) Unless you are going with young, or are yourself sensitive to the language/ sexual content. I agree with the others though, go to Waitress if it's only between those two. 

Waitress Previews
 Mar 27 2016, 07:01:25 PM

Sunday night. Literally 45 degrees in balcony! WTF?! It's warmer outside! 

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Mar 26 2016, 07:44:08 AM

As a kid if the 80's, I totally got the excess. It was lost on my wife, she couldn't figure out why people were laughing either. 

The homophobic slurs were an unfortunate product of the 80's also. I think if they would have changed it, it would have seemed inauthentic. 

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Mar 26 2016, 12:07:56 AM

Hello. First post. Welcome me to the board! They only had the London Cast CD and the new Duncan Sheik CD, and a hat, from what I could see. 

Here are my thoughts on the show: I thought the first act was great. Loved the projections, the choreography and clever use of 80's songs. I had my 19 year old Daughter with me, still something not quite right about watching simulated sex on stage with her. angry

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You