News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for logan2

logan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: logan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tea At Five Boston Reviews  Jun 30 2019, 08:10:19 PM

Dollypop, you've told that story before on another thread. I love that story.. Can you at least tell us which movie it was? I'm assuming by your time line it was in the 80s. 

Tea At Five Boston Reviews  Jun 30 2019, 05:34:37 AM

Can you imagine that great book? He was there when Harper discovered she was ill, then worked with Powers replacing her, then the short lived High with Turner, and now this careening vehicle with THE Dunaway.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. A play would also be great with actresses playing Harper, Powers, Turner and Dunaway.

Even after hearing all this gossip a friend of mine is flying to Boston just to see Faye on the stage for the second time in his life.

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 27 2019, 07:29:31 PM

It so confusing BrodyFosse123 because Lombardo stated in a recent interview: 

The original Tea at Five premiered at Hartford Stage and was two acts: Hepburn at 31 and, after intermission, 76. “It was interesting to show two different phases of her life, but I realized the audiences responded far more to Act II. So I thought, why don’t we do a 90-minute version where she reflects on her career? It’s more concise. You know, I’ve been working on it for 18 years, so I hope I got it right this time!”

Lombardo wrote the role specifically for Faye Dunaway. “I sent it to her by messenger Monday evening, and I woke up Tuesday to a beautiful message from Faye saying she loved the play, how moved she was and how much she wanted to do it.” 

In that interview he makes it sound like changing it to a one act play focusing on the later Hepburn was not a request from Faye but something he did on his own with Faye already in his mind to do it. 

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!

http://bostonguide.com/article-78710-boston-accent:-second-act.html

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 24 2019, 07:40:34 PM

Does anyone know when the critics arrive to review this?

I'm starting to have a familiar feeling of dread (I may have to take to my bed).

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 24 2019, 01:09:49 AM

Candace Malkin - did Dunaway do the distinctive Hepburn voice? Did she do the physical tremors? Thanks

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 23 2019, 01:35:50 AM

First Bettyboy72 says Faye's too old to play Hepburn and badly miscast. Then questions why the playwright would even bother revising the play and mount it after the Mulgrew version, now Bettyboy72 is quibbling with the terminology on the poster.

We get it. You're not a big Dunaway fan and you have no interest in seeing this production - negative Nancy! haha

In the last 20 years every time Faye is referenced or introduced, the most recent being the Lester H

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 22 2019, 08:33:21 PM

Faye's onstage RIGHT NOW as Kate!

I'm on tenterhooks and tenderhooks (haha)! Fingers crossed!

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 21 2019, 10:56:08 PM

The last person I would think of to portray Katharine Hepburn is Roseanne Barr

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 21 2019, 04:45:20 PM

Haha That's what comes from typing while sleepy!

Biggest Tony upset of all time?  Jun 21 2019, 05:39:14 AM

Starmites not winning a goddamned thing

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 21 2019, 01:04:36 AM

Yes, it will be interesting to see how she looks as Hepburn and especially how she sounds as Hepburn. Will she do the full Martin Short? haha

Being a life long Faye fan, I of course want it to succeed, but in the last twenty five years (since the whole Sunset Blvd debacle, then the Master Class filming debacle) I'm always on tender hooks and worried what might happen.

She's like a family member I dearly love, but am always worried about and afraid for.

Playwright Matthew Lombardo talks Dunaway and  Jun 19 2019, 01:18:11 AM

How is she too old to play Katherine in 1983? That's ridiculous, Kate was 76 and Faye is currently 78. But Glenn can play Norma or Bette can play Dolly Levi!

Why cut it and remount it? Lomardo says, “It was interesting to show two different phases of her life, but I realized the audiences responded far more to Act II. So I thought, why don’t we do a 90-minute version where she reflects on her career? It’s more concise. You know, I&rsq

Beetlejuice Lydia Levitating Trick  Jun 17 2019, 09:37:58 PM

Thank you bwaybrent and CATSnyrevival

Beetlejuice Lydia Levitating Trick  Jun 17 2019, 09:12:10 PM

Since someone brought up Into the Woods, how did Bernadette do the quick change from old crone to beautiful? Was she wearing a mask?

Faye Dunaway returning to Broadway this summer  Mar 5 2019, 01:36:36 AM

"BroadwayWorld has learned today that Tea at Five, which marks Academy Award®-winning legend Faye Dunaway's anticipated return to the stage, has set a pre-Broadway engagement at Boston's Huntington Theatre this summer and then open on Broadway later this year at a theater to be announced." 

YaY!   

Faye Dunaway returning to Broadway this summer  Dec 8 2018, 06:02:01 AM

BrodyFosse123 saidYou ARE aware Faye did that MASTER CLASS National Tour almost 22 years ago."

Haha yes, I am aware (EVERYTIME I look in the mirror) but I didn't think age was being considered the issue. Faye turns 78 in January but there are older stars doing Broadway and at least it's not a touring situation, and Faye moved back to NYC last year.

I hope it happens. It will be exciting to see Faye try to embody the classic Hepburn voice.

Any guesses as to who the actor male or female that dished on Dunaway then requested it be off the record? Just a hint please Dollypop?

I do believe some of Dunaway's behavior can be attributed to disorders. But God knows she ain't the only one with those issues in that crazy business called show.

Faye Dunaway returning to Broadway this summer  Dec 7 2018, 02:49:29 AM

Why do you think there's no way it will actually happen? 

I know Faye is considered quite eccentric (bat**** crazy) but she did that long Master Class nat'l tour (saw her in three different cities in Texas and loved it) and this is a limited run in the same location.

Just wondering why BW posters think this is a definite no go.

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Sep 2 2016, 04:59:28 AM

One of my favorite songs of LuPone's is her first number Back on Top. Her voice is in GLORIOUS form and the song has a great melody, but I swear I can only make out like every fifth word and some whole sentences go by with nothing. I wish the lyrics were online somewhere. I am a huge LuPone fan, but it's almost comical how indecipherable she is with that accent when she sings.

But then I could barely understand her singing Invisible in Women on the Verge....

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Aug 31 2016, 03:42:49 PM

I've watched the naughty video over and over. Great show. 'Pink' has to be one of the greatest 11 o' clock numbers of all time - Ebersole acting and singing is a tour de force. It's an "Around the World" equivalent. Patti's 11 o'clock number suffers in comparison because, for me, the melody isn't memorable. And, yes, it's hard to understand LuPone in the songs due to the accent even after multiple viewings.

The end meeting between the

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 26 2016, 08:59:34 PM

War Paint

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You