News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AberJ01

AberJ01 Profile Photo
Member Name: AberJ01
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Josh Groban Performance Schedule
 Dec 15 2016, 12:42:03 PM

I looked all over to see if this post already existed, but I cannot find it anywhere, so please no one get upset if it does already exist.

I have tickets to see The Great Comet on a Tuesday in January. I saw online there is a long list of dates that Josh won't be performing, but that isn't on the list. I know some bigger named celebrities will do things like take Tuesdays and matinees off, and what have you. Anyone know if that is something Josh is doing? I feel like it would b

Spring Awakening Seating
 Oct 1 2015, 04:42:59 PM

I saw this picture somewhere else. It's a great representation of the theater, but not sure it helps much...

Spring Awakening Seating
 Oct 1 2015, 03:42:02 PM

It's a tough call for me. The front row of the Mezz overhangs starting at Row K of the Orch. I can get tickets in the Orch in Row J, one row before the overhang, or I can sit in the Front Row of the Mezz. Same price, but tough call...

Spring Awakening Seating
 Oct 1 2015, 12:16:15 PM

This question may have already been asked, but I was wondering for those who have seen the production of Spring Awakening what your thoughts are about best places to sit. Normally I don't really put too much thought about what is considered the best seats, but I feel with this production I want to make sure I am somewhere where I can really appreciate the show fully. (Though, I'm not paying premium prices). It looks like I can get back orchestra (almost mid), I can get the fourth

Going to the Tonys for the First Time. Need advice!
 Apr 28 2015, 05:36:21 PM

Treated myself to tickets to the Tony Awards for the first time since I am going to be in New York during them just by chance. Was lucky enough to get tickets in the 1st Mezz, but now I'm a little bit nervous. Is there anyone who has gone like the last two years who could give some insight?

1) The event is obviously black tie. Is it a requirement to rent a tuxedo? I ask because I'm flying in from Chicago. I own a lot of formal wear, including suits that look like a white and black tux, that I could bring from Chicago. Would that be okay, or do I need to go through the hassle of trying to get a tux in New York?

2) I've read that the general public isn't allowed to leave their seats to use the bathroom for the entire run of the show, which can be 4+ hours. To be quite honest, I can't go 4 hours without a bathroom break. Scared about this. Anyone?

3) Obviously, I'm not looking to buy anything at the Tony Awards. I know it's not some kind of buying souvenirs kind of event, haha. I was wondering though if the general public gets any kind of Playbill or Program as a token of the night?

Thanks in advance!!!

Minskoff Theatre: Bad Seats?
 Mar 12 2015, 09:31:13 PM
JBradshaw: I think I am kind of the same way. Personally, I have never really minded sitting in the back mezzanine of a show. I cannot think of a show where I felt like it was a waste to sit that far back, but that's just me. I try to go more economical, even though it seems expensive all around.

I wonder if a lot of people who are saying that rear mezzanine is terrible are saying that specifically about the Minskoff, or just because they hate rear mezzanine in any theater?

Mar 12 2015, 09:27:56 PM
Justin D: For some reason the website keeps freezing up on me, and won't show me the screen shots.
Tickets To The Tony Awards?
 Mar 12 2015, 12:50:39 AM
Starcatchers: How were you able to score an impossible ticket?
 Mar 11 2015, 08:12:39 PM
I used the search function, and you end up having to sift through tons of posts that aren't about this. Plus, the only ones I could find are about five years old. I was hoping people might be willing to just answer this, especially with information from the last year or so...
 Mar 11 2015, 08:06:59 PM
I am going to be in New York this year during the Tony Awards by complete coincidence, and thought how fun it might be to try and get tickets since I will be in New York already.

Anyone have an feedback they'd like to share about getting tickets to the Tonys?

Is it almost completely impossible to score a ticket?
Are there usually tickets available that aren't $500+?
Has anyone gone, and can describe what the experience was like an audience member?

Thank you all

Mar 11 2015, 08:02:20 PM
My partner wants to see Lion King on our upcoming trip to New York. Wouldn't be something I'd choose, but that's another story...

I'm curious, as I've never been in the theater, what people's experiences have been like? I myself don't typically mind sitting in the mezzanine, even the rear mezzanine, but is the rear mezzanine terrible seats? How bad is rear orchestra?

Any feedback would be very appreciated!

Mezzanine at St. James
 Mar 11 2015, 07:11:43 PM
I'm looking at the map, and I don't see a Mezz Row N. It's showing me it only goes to Row L...
Show Recommendations for June/Contract Lengths
 Feb 1 2015, 11:27:04 PM
For the first in as long as I can remember, I am traveling to New York in June without any shows I'm really that excited to see. Of course, I still plan to see like two shows while I'm there, but nothing is popping out. Unfortunately for me, I'm still the kind of person to plan ahead, and buy tickets early. You'd thin I'd wing it while I'm there, but not my style, so I'm looking for recommendations, if anyone feels like contributing.

Shows I've seen, and see no reason to see again: Wick

From Up Here Musical
 Mar 11 2014, 05:07:57 AM
I am auditioning for a production of this musical, and can find no information on it. Does anyone know it? I'm going for he part of Dan. Who played that character in the Original Recording? What songs did he sing? Help! Thanks! :)
here you go!
 Nov 17 2013, 07:02:24 PM
Thanks! In all my Google searching, this website never came up in the results. It's a shame they make you purchase all four male songs. Makes it a lot more expensive, and I have no interest in the other three songs...
"I Sing" Sheet Music
 Nov 17 2013, 02:34:09 PM
Desperately looking for sheet music for the show "I Sing," as I want to perform "What Alan Likes" in an upcoming show. I have tried every resource I can think of with no luck, so I am hoping that someone on this board might be able to help point me in the right direction. Really appreciate anyone's help!
Book of Mormon Chicago Lottery
 Aug 13 2013, 10:56:47 PM
I sat in of the balcony, and paid about $45 a ticket. Personally, I'd recommend that over limited view seats on the floor, if you can still get them. Then again, I usually always sit in the balcony to save money, and I have never once felt like I got a poor view...
Zombie Prom Sheet Music
 Aug 12 2013, 08:58:33 PM
Have a call back for Jonny in Zombie Prom this week. They told me to look over the song "Blast From the Past," but didn't give out the sheet music. Anyone know where it might exist? I'm having no luck...

Sweet Smell of Success Audition
 Aug 11 2013, 02:41:27 PM
Yes, Millie. Style of the musical. Late night typo. :)
Sweet Smell of Success Audition
 Aug 11 2013, 01:18:57 AM
Hey All! I am auditioning for the musical "Sweet Smell of Success" later this month. I saw the show years when it premiered years ago, and really enjoyed it. I think I have a decent shot at the role of Sydney, but I am having a hard time picking a song. They are asking for a song in the style of the song, but unlike with other auditions, nothing really jumps out at me as obviously in the same style as Sweet Smell of Success. Plus, other Brian D'Arcy James tunes seem really different than this sh
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You