News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Misplaced

Misplaced Profile Photo
Member Name: Misplaced
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: rOcKS checks up on 'Wicked'
 Aug 7 2008, 06:14:36 PM
^^ up-thread "I love me some Kerry Ellis, have seen her five times in London and she is amazing. But I completely agree something has been lost in her transistion to Broadway, she wasn't very well near the end of her London run and whatever it is is effecting her in New York, which is a shame."

I agree the transition isn't working well but I would put it down solely to the accent - I saw it last night (6 Aug) and she doesn't sound ill. She just sounds ... well, wrong. Much more nasal

re: What's the deal with Kerry?
 Jul 11 2008, 12:22:55 PM
"the point is at that time she was not ready for full time Elphie, hence why Idina was brought it, then when Kerry was ready she took over

Idina was "brought in" because she was the show's original Tony-award winning star from Broadway, and the producers wanted to open the show with a "bang" that bringing the Tony award winner over would cause. She didn't leave when Kerry was "ready." She was contracted for four months, and couldn't stay longer because her visa was expiring.
re: Understudies You Liked Better Than the Person Playing the Role
 Jun 25 2008, 06:46:36 PM
^^"I saw Jon Walker Patrick in for Roger Bart in YF and thought he did a great job. I have not seen Roger Bart's performance so I don't have a point of comparison."

I also saw JWP in for Roger Bart in Young Frankenstein, and Heather Ayers in for Megan Mullally in the same performance. I thought both were outstanding and much preferred their live performances to the cast recording (haven't seen either RB or MM live).

(Offthread: can someone tell me how to italicize? because I

re: Did anyone see Kerry ELLIS tonight?
 Jun 21 2008, 08:10:12 AM
^^"yes, but she may have her contract till June 7th...because thats when most cast seem to have their contract ended."

She's contracted in London till April, 2009, but scheduled to leave Broadway in mid-November-ish, returning to the London production on December 1.

Jun 19 2008, 06:10:11 PM
^^"It may have been someone like Kerry's vocal coach or something telling her not to riff because its uncertain how her voice could cope with the added strain?

I only say that because it seems unlikely that producers or whoever of the Broadway Wicked company would say something like that....I mean come on, they've had Eden Espinosa + Shoshana Bean who like riff everything and anthing."

No, the rumor is she was told off IN THE LONDON PRODUCTION for riffing by the fo

re: Dress Circle Seating at the Hilton
 Jun 18 2008, 05:13:30 PM
I saw Young Frankenstein at the Hilton a few weeks back, in Row B of the Dress Circle. Great view, and Row A should be terrific.
 Jun 18 2008, 11:55:02 AM
"FYI....They are selling her CD at the theater for $12."

Really? Wow do I miss American prices...it's 8.99 GBP here (and not even out!). *Sigh*

Jun 18 2008, 11:13:02 AM
"plus...has anyone heard her cd yet? mine still hasn't arrived."

Release date for her (teaser) CD on the Dress Circle site is July 7.

Jun 18 2008, 08:46:37 AM
No idea if the telling-off rumor is true. I have heard her riff, however. Fabulous.
re: In the Heights translation?
 Jun 18 2008, 08:03:43 AM
^^^"I only have the music, so what did Nina do get Benny fired??"

There's a plot summary in the Wikipedia entry for In The Heights that sets it out. Can't help you with the Spanish though.

Jun 18 2008, 08:01:39 AM
Apparently she got told off for riffing *The Wizard and I* in London - with any luck she's just playing it safe for now (she's marvelous when she wanders from the score). But the accent bit is just strange. If it's first-night jitters I do hope she settles.
 Jun 18 2008, 06:07:26 AM
I saw her several times in London and thought she was wonderful - and sensational at the Chess concert, as Princeton2 says. I do hope it's "just" Broadway nerves. But how bizarre if she is playing the role with an American accent - is she? She had said in some interview or other that she's wouldn't.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You