News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ifagirlisntpretty

ifagirlisntpretty Profile Photo
Member Name: ifagirlisntpretty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Diana DeGarmo to perform at NYC Club  May 20 2006, 08:56:31 PM
I'll be sorry to see Diana go... Has anyone seen the tour girl that is coming in? How is she?
re: Kudos to Jonathan Pyrce -His Response to the Replacement Tony Award Deb  May 20 2006, 08:55:47 PM
Right, but if you get a pair of tickets--could you not bring another admin committee member? Some of these people are friends, I'm sure...
re: The closing of Cain Mutiny  May 20 2006, 08:09:17 PM
I think the casting director is at fault! Is the play dated? Yes! But more importantly it was completely miscast. That sunk it.
re: Hugh Jackman's Broadway Plans  May 20 2006, 07:59:43 PM
I think this is probably the best move for him. He could offer a great take on that character. I'm all for a Pal Joey revival, but it would be better for Jackman to lend his power to something fresh.
re: Kudos to Jonathan Pyrce -His Response to the Replacement Tony Award Deb  May 20 2006, 07:56:08 PM
I don't see how there is anyway DRS could officially know how many people went to see him. Maybe two went together? There is really no way of telling. So to say definitely only 16 is very dubious, in my opinion.
re: Diana Degarmo in Penny Wig - Picture  Feb 6 2006, 11:09:26 PM
If anyone read the story, it explains that they just stuck a wig on her head to check it out... This is a feature about the rehearsal process and this wig was part of it. I think that is basically it. No point is judging her based on it. I think she comes off well in the rest of the story.
Mambo Kings dead--as per Broadway.com  Jun 27 2005, 12:27:37 PM
I am spreading the word... Ticket holders call telecharge...

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=514455

I am actually sort of sad. I mean--if Good Vibrations can make it... at least I would have been more interested to see this...

re: Opposite of Sex off-Broadway?  May 31 2005, 09:16:49 PM
I'm sorry--you are totally right. They could be developing something.... Let me rephrase: "I suppose they are not currently scheduled to be on the stage then, but..."
re: John Lithgow out from 6/14-18?  May 31 2005, 08:51:59 PM
Nick no longer works there, right? Or am I wrong? I remember hearing that he was let go... Does anyone in the know know who replaced him?
Opposite of Sex off-Broadway?  May 31 2005, 08:50:37 PM
Did anyone notice that on Broadway.com? I'm surprised... I mean I am not saying those reviews warranted a Broadway run, but, if the show was not coming to Broadway, I sort of assumed it would not be going anywhere...

I wonder if they'll secure that cast. Will Kerry and Karen Ziemba want to do it off-Broadway? I mean I guess they aren't doing anything else, but, I am still not sure...

re: 9 to 5 Musical?  May 31 2005, 08:48:09 PM
Hey--I'm excited about The First Wives Club! I mean if anything calls out for the musical treatment...
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT---Charlotte d'Amboise is doing Broadway!!!!  Mar 14 2005, 06:54:34 PM
I am so excited.

Though I wanted to see Christina very badly, I know this meant a lot to Charlotte... and she is such a pro...

re: Kyra DaCosta and Janine LaManna to join Sweet Charity starting in Bosto  Mar 13 2005, 08:36:45 PM
I have no doubt about what is happening... The person who wrote that blind item probably just didn't know about Solange.

And poor Solange actually! She has gotten better reviews than anyone this whole time!

Little Women Recording Video  Mar 9 2005, 11:38:08 PM
Sorry if this has been posted and I'm missing it (and please--no PMs or hate posts if it has--I'm sick and I've been a little behind--forgive me), but there's a cool video on the LW recording on Bway.com. I find recordings interesting, so, maybe I'm partial, but, I like this look behind-the-scenes. There are a lot of clips of the score, which sounds better than I remember. (Though I previously found it completely mediocre so that is not saying much.) And I am sure the trillion Sutton fans will want to see their girl yet again.

On another note--even in small doses that Amy girl sort of freaks me out.

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Video.aspx?ci=508065

re: 7th Heaven the musical...soo bad  Feb 15 2005, 01:25:39 AM
I taped it because I wanted to see how Martha Plimpton was as a writer. And, um, I could not judge at all!

I cannot blame her, but, the whole thing sucked so bad, it is hard to give her any credit. Though it was mostly the fault of the singing and the staging and... I can't even go on!

re: Anyone heard of 'The IT Girl'  Feb 15 2005, 01:19:23 AM
Wow--I didn't know they had offers out... all i knew was that it was mentioned and not happening...

Who was supposed to be in it?!

I saw the show at the York and am very curious...

re: 'Light in the Piazza' or 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'?  Feb 11 2005, 01:10:28 AM
WOW--you couldn't find two more different shows....

Chitty is fun--very family-oriented. The show itself is not great by any means (it's sort of crap), but, the sets are cool and that is a very interesting cast...

Piazza some peope love, but, from what I have heard of it, the score is pretentious. Nevertheless--I am sure it is an impressive artistic achievement, which, is something Chitty isn't.

So it really depends more than anything whether you want to go with someth

re: Kevin Anderson abruptly leaves BKLYN.. Broadway.com  Feb 8 2005, 11:03:54 PM
Tiny-Toon--How are you so sure he will be back? What happens if they get someone with a slightly bigger "name" to replace him? Or are you saying that part of the story isn't true and they aren't trying to replace him?
From Meat Loaf to Kevin Cahoon...  Feb 8 2005, 11:02:44 AM
Are they the same type and I am missing it?!? Or was Meat Loaf always wrong?

I don't know Kevin Cahoon's work very well, but he seems more the look that they had in London...

re: Any real reviews out on 'After Ashley'?  Feb 1 2005, 05:44:37 PM
I have not seen it, but, my friend read the script and described it as "amazing." So, with that cast, I would think it was worth $35.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You