News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dompayne98

Member Name: dompayne98
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Black Actors In WHite Roles & Vice Versa
 May 17 2016, 05:07:58 PM

I certainly didn't write that myself.

In cases like that, I totally agree with you there. I couldn't imagine a white martin. There are exceptions!

"Black actors in white roles"
 May 17 2016, 04:56:11 PM

In my recent video, I discussed an "article" which discusses how black people shouldn't play "white" roles on Broadway. I am wondering if anyone else agrees with this is some ways. I personally disagree with this but would like to know other peoples thoughts and opinions. I do think though that there are black and white roles wit Pilar from Legally Blonde and Elder price in Book of Mormon.

Actors who have stayed with shows
 Mar 28 2016, 10:57:11 AM

I now remember hearing about Donna Marie Asbury. I'll have to look-up Catherine Russel. Never knew anybody did that. Missing no performances! And I know what you mean with Carol Channing, she's well known for doing Hello Dolly! so many times.

Mar 28 2016, 10:47:49 AM

Just checked the interview again (where I got most of the information from) and they got her name wrong in the title but right in the interview. My mistake. Could be him. How long was he there for?

Mar 28 2016, 10:35:12 AM

So yesterday I made this video about Marlene Danielle who was in Cats for the whole 18 year run. Does anybody else know any actors who have stayed in a show for a lengthy amount of time. I think I heard someone from Phantom has stayed there since the beginning. Can anyone confirm this? 

Rent-Seasons of love note
 Dec 18 2015, 09:48:18 PM

Yes they each do it differently but they still hit the same note as all the other actresses, they can't just stay on tye same note on belty bit at the end 

Dec 18 2015, 06:17:06 PM

IlanaKeller said: "Are you talking about the soloist? It would be impossible to "require" all actresses to do it -- everyone has a different range and voice type. If that's not fit for their range, that doesn't make them any less talented."

I never said that it makes the person less talented and I'm aware that not every actress could do it but it would be the case that if they couldn't do it, they wouldn't be put in the show and if there

Dec 18 2015, 01:16:43 PM

Ok so in my recent video I talk about the note at the seasons of love and how I think that every actress should be required to do it. I'm aware actresses did it in different ways but the ones that I liked did the high note as some point. I just feel like the note is the icing on the cake to this amazing song. I'm just wondering if anybody else agrees with me or not.

Also feel free to put your favorite seasons of love soloist as well. I'm wondering who will be the most popular!

Chiffon never sings (Little shop of Horrors)
 Nov 22 2015, 04:10:02 PM

I just would of thought that they would share the roles out rather than have Ronette have loads to sing with Chiffon barely having any. And I don't think they're minor as they're in nearly every song singing pretty much all the harmonies

Chiffon never sings (Little shop of Horrors)
 Nov 22 2015, 03:33:20 PM

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that Chiffon barely sings big chunks on her own. I know they changed this is subsequent productions (like the Broadway revival) but I was wondering why. I loved the other urchins as well but I want to hear more of Chiffon

I explained more in this video but that's my main question. Anybody know why?

Controversial musicals
 Nov 11 2015, 01:10:13 PM

In regards to Avenue Q, there was a bit of controversy when this happened:

"A touring production sparked a controversy in Colorado Springs where a poster depicting the cleavage of muppet character Lucy T. Slut was banned from bus shelters."

Also, I wanted it to be more controversial subject matters and I understand that I may have kind of mislead you and they may not be controversial subject matters to you but are to some. It's all done to opinion :

Controversial musicals
 Nov 9 2015, 07:38:52 PM

That may be true for Avenue q but not for Book of Mormon because of the religion side of it (once again, not having a go at you, just a friendly debate) 

Controversial musicals
 Nov 9 2015, 11:11:48 AM

I see what you mean with some of them but Avenue Q and Book of Mormon they put disclaimers on and I was also thinking about the controversial things that happened off-stage like with chorus line. I do get where you're coming from though

Controversial musicals
 Nov 9 2015, 02:54:49 AM

The thing is, you have to put it into context of time on when it was released and you may have just found avenue q shocking. I think I remember one Princeton/Rod puppeteer said that a group of nuns once watched the show and said that the place is going to burn down (something like that). And what they say about Germans in Avenue q

Controversial musicals
 Nov 9 2015, 02:51:42 AM

Don't worry it's ok. I'm aware that I do this!

Controversial musicals
 Nov 8 2015, 08:11:30 PM

I didn't think about that to be honest. I haven't seen it but I know the outline and I feel like you are correct!

Controversial musicals
 Nov 8 2015, 08:10:30 PM

I chose hits as I thought that more people would actually kinda understand where I'm coming from as they'd have background info on the shows (presuming they'd seen them) and with the material being controversial is what I meant. That's my fault for not explaining correctly and I see what you mean now. Do you agree with what I said or not?

Controversial musicals
 Nov 8 2015, 06:57:28 PM

So I made a video explaining some controversial musicals and how I think they are important as they let us be able to speak about things we can't usually speak about. I'm aware that I could of gone into more detail with each one but thought that I can do that in future videos. Also, this is just a fraction of musicals. I could of done more but didn't want the video to be too long. Do you agree with what I said, or not and if so why? I'm quite interested in what people have to say on this!

https://youtu.be/yFgwrIaKFeE

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You