News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sethleaf2

sethleaf2 Profile Photo
Member Name: sethleaf2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which straight play to see?.  Oct 23 2019, 08:24:03 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "sethleaf2 said: "The Inheritance is a rare and truly exceptional play. "

I wouldn’t call The Inheritance all that straight.

I’ll be here all week,Tip your servers.
"

Walked right into that one...

Which straight play to see?.  Oct 21 2019, 11:41:52 PM
The Inheritance is a rare and truly exceptional play.
Should SIX transfer?  Jan 26 2019, 09:23:20 AM

I so love that you're talking about SIX already...

If you could revive any Broadway flop?  Apr 6 2018, 06:03:20 AM

ChildofEarth said: "American Psycho for sure - or Groundhog Day. Both of these shows would have been the hits of the season this year."

Bless you...

Longest running shows at the Lyceum Theatre  Dec 22 2017, 04:28:41 PM

Newintown, thank you again. That was the trick I needed. Here's the longest-running shows... 

1    Born Yesterday    Feb 04, 1946 - Nov 06, 1948    32 months    1642 performances
2    The Gold Diggers    Sep 30, 1919 - Jun 18, 1921    20 months    717 performances
3    The Doughgirls    Dec 30, 1942 - Jul 29, 1944 

Longest running shows at the Lyceum Theatre  Dec 22 2017, 01:34:31 PM

Thank you. I'm finding it difficult to track down the number of performances, but this is very helpful. It's a little bit of rocket science  

Longest running shows at the Lyceum Theatre  Dec 21 2017, 11:58:53 PM

Might anyone know how to find a list of the top ten longest-running shows in the history of the Lyceum Theatre, and their number of performances? 

Many thanks. 

GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD  Sep 18 2017, 10:03:46 PM

Kara Lee Sweeny said: "Can anyone remember the exact quote from Ralph and Gus about today and tomorrow?

Love that part!

"

PHIL

No matter what I do, every day is today. Even tomorrow.

RALPH

Tomorrow is today?

PHIL

It will be tomorrow.

RALPH

Then today is already tomorrow.

GUS

Other way around.

RALPH 

So when’s yesterday?

GUS 

It&

Andy Karl performance schedule  Apr 20 2017, 08:49:17 PM

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I've had the luxury of seeing Andy a few times in this role (and love him). I'm actually trying to find a performance where Andrew is on that I can make, just to see it with him

(although I will miss Andrew and Raymond Lee singing "Nobody Cares" )
"

Again, not to sound sell-y, but Jordan Grubb is totally adorable as Gus. This is a really good ensemble. 

Andy Karl performance schedule  Apr 20 2017, 08:36:21 PM

I say this knowing that most are only able to see a show once, but please don't feel you need to return your ticket if Andy is not in for a performance. The show itself is great, and while there is an undeniable star power to Andy in the role, the show and the cast stand out in a different, but equally satisfying way when Andrew Call is on. You will not be seeing an inferior show, just different. It's actually fascinating to

What's Next for Cynthia Erivo?  Oct 30 2016, 07:57:17 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Elphaba!!"

Wow, that's kind of genius. 

Todays Harry Potter Pictures  Jul 26 2016, 11:19:00 AM

The show is so good. It struck a great balance between new-comers and die-hards. It's a touch English for US audiences at times, but I don't think that will slow its roll, at all. Something to look forward to...

Thank you, from American Psycho  May 29 2016, 11:18:52 AM

Thank you all for your support. We do want to come away with an album of some kind. There are challenges, but we all share your feelings and will work on it. Thankfully, we were able to do a recording for the Lincoln Center archives. I'm planning a viewing there every Friday the 13th for the rest of my life. Ugh, I am really going to miss this show...

Thank you, from American Psycho  May 28 2016, 11:59:16 AM

I don't comment much but I read these boards often, with mixed emotions. You're a surly group sometimes, but your love and knowledge of theatre is always inspiring. 

More or less to my surprise, you have been mostly supportive of our crazy little show. Your comments and feedback were welcomed comfort in the early stages when the limb felt very high off the ground. And in some ways it took sophisticated audiences to truly appreciate the challenges of being ori

Nerds the musical to open at the Longacre theater this March!  Jan 17 2016, 12:57:52 PM

FindingNamo said: "I always thought it was boots on the ground."

Is that more of a military expression? I like to think in terms of growing things. 

Nerds the musical to open at the Longacre theater this March!  Jan 17 2016, 11:12:05 AM

Cynics! 

We're certainly the underdogs of the season, but give us a little time to get our roots into the ground and I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised. We're up for the challenge! 

Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 21 2015, 09:47:17 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "sethleaf2 and Dame, would you mind sharing your reactions now that the first preview happened?"

I'm just listening for the moment, which is really hard because I'm champing at the bit. Come on, someone comment already!!!

Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 20 2015, 05:25:01 PM

sethleaf2, you are biased, not bias. Bias is a noun. 

Stupid English...

Thanks. 

China Doll Previews Thread  Nov 20 2015, 08:22:04 AM

Many thanks! You kids and your technologies wink

Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Nov 20 2015, 06:59:59 AM

I would rather not because I'm bias and much more interested in what you all think about it. I just commented because I'm very moved by the production. I'm going to watch this thread from the sidelines. As long as I can, anyway. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You