News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for flahooley2

Member Name: flahooley2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actors Playing Themselves
 Aug 4 2017, 06:12:33 AM

Here's another point of view -  http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/07/25/nathan lane mark rylance and why great stage actors are best onstage.html? mc cid=37ac62bf1f&mc  eid=33d 801170a

THE FRONT PAGE to be Revived This Fall! Jack O'Brien to Direct, Nathan Lane and John Slattery to Star
 Sep 1 2016, 06:16:24 PM

The advance is already over 6 million. So it's selling very well.

Tony Host 2015
 Apr 27 2015, 05:03:33 PM

ALAN CUMMING AND KRISTIN CHENOWETH WILL HOST.

FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?
 Apr 25 2014, 06:02:11 PM
James Corden is already set as Pseudolus for next spring.
FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?
 Apr 25 2014, 06:02:10 PM
James Corden is already set as Pseudolus for next spring.
Nathan Lane injured during The Nance tonight
 Jul 25 2013, 10:11:32 AM
He was injured while stepping off the moving turntable.
Nathan Lane injured during The Nance tonight
 Jul 25 2013, 10:11:12 AM
He was injured while stepping off the moving turntable.
Tony nominations predictions
 Apr 5 2013, 01:38:45 PM
The Nance is a play, not a musical.
Nathan Lane Stage Door?
 Mar 25 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Oh, can you ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE that?
Happy Birthday to Nathan Lane!
 Feb 3 2013, 12:59:32 PM
I find it hilarious and sad that on a Happy Birthday thread people need to attack and psychoanalyze Mr. Lane. The story you recounted is just not true. He did say something along the lines of "Don't worry, things will get better when the new guy arrives." I know, I was in the show. This sounds like a bad game of Telephone, where people who obviously have an agenda keep changing a story to make it sound worse. No, Nathan does not suffer fools gladly, but he is one of the most generous performers
Nathan and Bernadette
 Jan 28 2013, 10:57:00 PM
Nathan was Timon.
Victor Garber Confirms: Yep, He's Gay
 Jan 14 2013, 10:23:31 PM
He and Nathan Lane are very close, long-time friends, but they have never dated.
Fastest RECOUP times for Broadway Musicals and Plays
 Dec 21 2012, 05:45:59 PM
THE BRODERICK/LANE ODD COUPLE HAD A 21 MILLION DOLLAR ADVANCE BEFORE THE FIRST PREVIEW.
Nathan Lane's new play!
 Oct 24 2012, 02:50:30 PM
It's actually Douglas Carter Beane's new play, and a more serious one as well. As for audiences being tired of Lane, I don't think so. He kept The Addams Family alive for a year after devastating reviews, starred in a hugely successful revival of Iceman, and has been very well received in an understated performance on The Good Wife. He's also been away from Bway for 2 years, so it's not like we've just seen him. Just go see The Performers instead.
Most versatile stage actors working today?
 Oct 23 2012, 11:56:19 AM
NATHAN LANE
WAR HORSE To Close 1/6/13
 Sep 5 2012, 11:51:44 AM
Lincoln Center is producing The Nance in a Broadway house, not the Beaumont. Too bad they didn't bring in The Iceman Cometh for the Beaumont, It would have looked great there. For the record, Butley did good business, and recouped in its limited run. November did well, and came close to recoupment. And before that, The Odd Couple was a huge financial success, although disliked by critics.
Leave Celebrities Alone at Shows
 Aug 31 2012, 01:04:03 PM
Nathan Lane and Victor Garber were never an item. Just very good friends.
How much does it cost for an employer to pay a principal role on a broadway musical
 Aug 29 2012, 01:07:38 PM
For their 3 month return to The Producers, Lane and Broderick each received 100,000 per week. Plus a percentage.
Actors Branching Out From Their Usual Schtick/Genre
 Jul 19 2012, 10:40:10 AM
For whatever it's worth, Simon Gray had very much wanted Lane to play Butley someday, after they had worked together on The Common Pursuit (Long Wharf, LA, and New York). In Boston it had received very favorable reviews in the Times (Bruce Weber) and Variety. Brantley was very dismissive when it came to NY, but there were also many good notices as well, and the play did recoup in its' limited run. Gray discusses it at length, and even compares Lane and Alan Bates, in his wonderful diary, Positiv
Nathan Lane rips Addams Family on The View this Morning....
 Mar 10 2012, 04:09:26 PM
Well, there are only two lines shown here, and he certainly sounds fine to me, and not in the Dick Van Dyke cockney variety. It feels like you have an axe to grind with Lane. I saw his Bway debut in Present Laughter, in which he had a British accent, and then The Common Pursuit, where he first worked with Simon Gray, and neither time did anyone criticize his accent. After the success of The Producers, I think people were surprised to see him doing an English accent again. But you are certainly e
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You