News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Antisocialite

Antisocialite Profile Photo
Member Name: Antisocialite
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Kristin Chenoweth to write memoir
 Jul 2 2008, 05:47:18 PM
There's already a thread about this...
re: Favorite Shakespeare Play (AND WHY)
 Jun 27 2008, 02:37:55 AM
Macbeth, no question. I analyze my literature within an inch of its life, and Macbeth provides endless fodder. Plus...Lady Macbeth. Come on, people. Come. On.

Midsummer's my favorite comedy. 'Cause A: it was the first Shakespeare I ever read and B: I played Demetrius once. It was one of the most enjoyable parts I've ever had.

re: Why is 'Rent' closing?
 Jun 27 2008, 01:30:49 AM
Maya Angelou
re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Jun 24 2008, 09:18:47 PM
The top 23 songs played on my computer (not itunes because I trust apple even less than I trust microsoft) are not musical theatre. The most played musical theatre song is currently Brotherhood of Man from the H2$ revival.
re: Which of the following ten upcoming shows are you most looking forward
 Jun 24 2008, 09:12:38 PM
June 26: Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy: I really could not care less. Bore.

July 17: [title of show]: Totally looking forward to this. Loved it off Broadway, hope it's just as good on.

September 18: A Tale Of Two Cities: meh. Whatever.

September 28: Equus: I hated this play before Daniel Radcliffe was ever attatched to it. He is just reason to hate it more.

October 2: To Be Or Not To Be: What?

November 13: Billy Elliot: F*** you, Elton John. F***

re: SHREK Cast Photo
 Jun 21 2008, 08:22:36 AM
I'm wary of the show, but I kind of want it to do well. Because Brian D'Arcy James deserves some goddamn recognition already.
re: 'HAIR' cast in VOGUE
 Jun 21 2008, 07:45:08 AM
They cast Jonathan "LOOK AT MY SHOCKED FACE" Groff. The casting of a face with no impressive talent to speak of breaks any promise of being true to the show. HAiR should be an intense show with intense performers. Groff's lukewarm mugging is not right for it.

They can all dress like stockbrokers and promote AOL Time Warner for all I care. This production's ruined for me.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jun 21 2008, 07:39:56 AM
I hate:
Spring Awakening (this has nothing to do with the Groff hate, nor does it make Spring Awakening a particularly bad show. I just hate it.)
Wicked
Phantom
Jekyll and Hyde
Ethel Merman as Rose
Oklahoma!
Anything Goes
The Lion King
Alan Cumming as the Emcee

I love:
Angela Lansbury as Rose (my favorite)
Tyne Daly as Rose (second favorite, third being a tie between Patti and Bernadette)
Dear World
Whoopi

re: Very Important Question- Sunday in the Park with George
 Jun 19 2008, 09:14:16 PM
Side of the front mezzanine. You're far enough back that you won't have a crick in your neck from turning all the time, but close enough to see decently.
re: Academy Award Best Song Restrictions
 Jun 19 2008, 08:58:49 PM
I get why they ran it: movie-musicals tend to hog the spots. But if they're good songs...why not nominate them?

I'm up in the air on this one. I agree, composers should get recognition if their songs are better than other ones. But at the same time, one movie hogging all the spots really doesn't give fair showcase to other talents.

re: Great Score, Shame About The Book
 Jun 19 2008, 08:51:09 PM
^Passing Strange won best book.
re: A CATERED AFFAIR to close 7/27
 Jun 19 2008, 08:30:34 PM
Re: ploy to boost sales- Doubtful. It's not doing THAT poorly, but not well enough to bother keeping open any longer than originally intended.
re: A CATERED AFFAIR to close 7/27
 Jun 19 2008, 08:27:36 PM
Well ****. I really wanted to see that...Maybe I'll be able to get down to NY before it closes.
re: Andrea Martin spoofs EVITA
 Jun 19 2008, 08:17:45 PM
And this is why Andrea Martin is amazing.
re: Mario: Mr. Torn Torso, Only More So
 Jun 18 2008, 07:33:41 PM
I think just smooth.

And there is plenty wrong with a ken doll. I like real people with some unique-ness to them. Mario Lopez looks like he's made out of plastic.

re: Mario: Mr. Torn Torso, Only More So
 Jun 18 2008, 06:47:08 PM
Matthew McConaughey: Would be gorgeous if he'd just shower more.

Mario Lopez: Looks like a ken doll. Ick.

Jun 18 2008, 06:06:40 PM
Mister Matt: True. Very true. I mean, compared with certain Irving Berlin shows, they're masterpieces of plot and character development. But if these shows came out today...not so much.
 Jun 18 2008, 05:33:40 PM
Anything Goes and Kiss Me, Kate fall under the "weak book" category. VERY weak books.
 Jun 18 2008, 04:46:30 PM
I forgot to mention: I include almost every show by Cole Porter in this category. The music and lyrics are just great, but the stories range from weak to downright stupid and barely tie in to said music.
 Jun 17 2008, 09:59:21 PM
In the Heights
The Frogs, after Nathan Lane got a hold of it
Dear World

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You