News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pocketsquared Fanadu

Pocketsquared Fanadu Profile Photo
Member Name: Pocketsquared Fanadu
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Just a country-born (Blue Ridge Mtns, you all!)NYCity man who loves the theater and much of what goes with it (except the non-esssential off-stage dramas).

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Xanadu Withdrawal
 Aug 9 2011, 12:32:27 PM
Heck yes I miss it! For a while there, it was a way of life for me and quite a few others. I can't even remember how many times I saw it, and stage-doored it, but it was definitely double digits. And the best part was that, on the night it was recorded for Lincoln Center, I was sitting onstage with my besties and Jackie chose me to pick on!
Now. Here. This. at the Vineyard
 Jun 21 2011, 03:19:48 PM
Hey there--I was at exactly the same performances you saw, and I thought it was an absolutely great work in progress. The feelings that they manage to convey--so beautifully--are universal and the message is just so empowering. There was a real rawness to it from all of them. It was interesting to see Hunter's dad, who WAS actually there at Sunday's performance, and I sat right behind Jeff's mom (as I had a couple of times during the [tos] run); every now and again I would look down at her watc
TONY Awards Looking For A New Home For Next Year
 Jun 15 2010, 04:48:03 PM
It is a scheduling conflict. There is a new springtime production that is going into RCMH. Neither the theater at MSG or the Arena is an option, either, because the renovations are also going to be undertaken in the corridors and public spaces that access the venues. I do graduations for a large university and every one (over 20) that was to be held at either Radio City or MSG has had to find a new venue.
Lips Together..Has just been cancelled !!
 Mar 26 2010, 01:59:38 PM
I can't believe it's not bitter.
What musicals do you consider to be 'cult musicals?'
 Jan 15 2010, 02:03:05 PM
[title of show]!
Sondheim & Goldman's TV musical EVENING PRIMROSE out on DVD in April
 Jan 14 2010, 01:11:26 PM
This is seriously exciting. I saw this at the Paley Center last fall and the attendant told me that I was the third person that day to request it--I actually had to wait until two women finished viewing it. The musical is so much fun, but the period exteriors and interiors of New York and the old Stern's Department Store are pretty delicious, too.
re: Sardi's Attire
 Apr 28 2009, 10:11:47 PM
My moms always said, "If you have to ask about your clothes, you know the answer..." Dress up, it's fun, have a good time! Be the star that you are.
re: THE NORMAN CONQUESTS: Info & Reviews
 Apr 9 2009, 02:46:38 PM
Eug--your review is spot on...I feel like we have gotten to know not only these characters, but this ensemble of incredibly talented actors, and I have been looking forward to tonight's performance all day. I have to say that your inclusion of the audience as a character also hits the nail right on the head. Because of the 'in the round' setting, I spotted people whose reactions seemed to jive with mine on Tuesday night who I specifically sought out last night, and will look for again tonight.
re: Cast Recordings You're Gladdest You Bought (Within Last Year)
 Apr 3 2009, 05:19:02 PM
[tos]
twice!

re: Defying Inequality...
 Feb 24 2009, 10:17:12 AM
The event was awesome on so many levels: the talent, the stars, the hope, the cause, the love that filled that big theater. I have to say that a highlight for me was Matt Alber, who I have been mildly obsessed with since I first saw his beautiful video, 'End of the World', on youtube a month or so ago. Here is a guy who is just getting discovered, who acknowledged in his intro that he'd never been on a Broadway stage before and that he needed to just pretend that he was singing in his living r
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Feb 20 2009, 07:27:09 PM
OMFG!! Just got my Golden Pony invite!! [tos] lives!
re: BWW TV: Cheyenne Jackson 'Rocks Out' Tonight On ABC's LIFE ON MARS
 Feb 11 2009, 12:03:02 PM
Can't wait for this, since I love this show and of course I love Cheyenne! He writes about doing the episode on his blog.
re: stage adaption of Edward Scissorhands
 Feb 3 2009, 10:22:46 AM
I saw it at BAM and was basically transported. I thought it was just terrific and at the time thought that it should be one of those shows that's brought back annually at the holidays like 'A Christmas Carol.' Blew me away, really.
re: Stephen Sondheim at Lincoln Center on Sunday
 Jan 26 2009, 02:45:32 PM
Sorry, just saw this question. When the question came up about Gypsy and whether this production had been the quintessential one, she kind of bristled. And then when he started answering saying that all of the actresses (naming them) brought their own quality to it, it sort of looked like she might have been nervous, but I'm sure that she and he had talked about this many times.
re: THE THIRD STORY - Charles Busch
 Jan 26 2009, 02:10:28 PM
Boy, I have to agree with most of the posts on here. "All over the place" is exactly the phrase that I used to describe this piece, and it could definitely stand cutting. I also thought the actor portraying Turner's son looked more like a spouse or brother. I do love Charles Busch--never miss Times Square Angel each Christmas--but this is just too disjointed. I enjoyed the "author's note" in the playbill infinitely more than the play.
re: Stephen Sondheim at Lincoln Center on Sunday
 Jan 21 2009, 01:27:51 PM
It was really a terrific night. At times, you could have heard a pin drop. The comaraderie between the two of them was obvious and Sondheim really looked like he was genuinely having a good time--he blew kisses at us as he was leaving the stage. Loved watching Bernadette two rows ahead as he was talking about the different qualities that each "Gypsy" brought to the part. Fancy crowd, too--we walked in with Barbara Walters!

Hope he does as he said he was going to near the end, and w

re: I Finally Get It!!
 Dec 11 2008, 10:50:56 AM
I totally agree--I posted when I saw the touring company that it was like looking at photos of people impersonating my family. I wish them all the best, though, in a show that I love.
re: XANADU 1st National Tour reviews (La Jolla)
 Nov 26 2008, 11:58:22 AM
I love this show and of course I wish them well. It's just a little odd to me to see the cast photos--sort of like seeing people impersonating my family in a way. And Clio's 40's incarnation is named Kitty now instead of Tangerine (according to the one review)?? What up with dat?
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Nov 20 2008, 11:58:42 AM
[title of show] show season 2 teaser is up on the tos site blog!!! And I just about spit out my coffee watching it.
re: Audra McDonald & Barbara Cook Concert on TDF
 Oct 20 2008, 01:36:24 AM
Not to sound like a numbnuts, but tonight felt like an historical moment. I so wish that it had been recorded. Beautiful. The 2 numbers that were sung unmiked...priceless. I felt so lucky to be there.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You