News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for QueenMuppet

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
Member Name: QueenMuppet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Has AIDA ever played in London?
 Aug 30 2006, 03:07:41 AM
There was quite some serious talk about it happening in London, Disney apparently was already checking out venues and performers were seen for various roles. It somehow never worked out... and I don't think it ever will be.

QM

re: The 20 Most Annoying Characters in Musical Theater
 Dec 3 2005, 04:18:40 AM
How can anyone forget Cosette from Les Mis? Or Ellen from Miss Saigon?

The most annoying character ever has to be Bernadette from The Beatutiful Game though!

QM

re: Some RENT questions...for the experts.
 Dec 1 2005, 11:35:48 AM
I absolutely agree with Sueleen on that. I felt the same way about Santa Fe when Collins and Angels dance their way through the F train, sit on people's laps, remove their hats... eventually someone would have beaten the crap out of them, no?

QM

re: Who did not like RENT?
 Nov 25 2005, 05:16:11 PM
Ah, these reviews warm my heart... :)

QM

Rent Review - LA Times chews it up & spits it out
 Nov 25 2005, 05:13:28 PM
'Just so you guys know, I meant that Pascals way of walking in that specific scene was awkward. He should have been directed otherwise.'

Maybe he didn't have the right footwear for the cliffs!

By the way, when I got up this morning I caught a review on NY1 and it was very positive. Can't remember the name of the reviewer unfortunately...

QM

Being a bigger fan
 Nov 24 2005, 04:59:54 PM
Just back from my second visit after having been at the 'crazy Ziegfeld' on Tuesday night.
Saw it again at the Ziegfeld this afternoon, this time the crowd was a lot older. It warmed my heart to see people in their 60s speaking so highly of Rent and having seen the movie a few times already.

The crowd cannot be compared with the midnight screening but I am sorry to say that What You Own and The Cliff still got giggles. Oh, why, Columbus???

QM

Rent Review
 Nov 24 2005, 04:08:30 PM
Jesse was outstanding in my opinion. I forgot how much actors can actually do with this role, considering how many times I have seen people ruin the part.
You gotta love Jesse and his 'Merry Xmas, bitches!'

I see people are trying to find who the 'weakest link' was and I can honestly say that I thought everyone did a very good job. I was specifically nervous about Adam's performance and although I am very critical when it comes to h

Rent Review
 Nov 24 2005, 03:54:21 PM
Just had to post to add my opinion on the movie. Having seen most of the original Broadway cast in Rent I was very interested in seeing if they were able to pull off the 'magic' again.

I think some people have already mentioned how I felt, I just wanted to say that I really loved the movie. It certainly worked for me and scenes such as 'Without You' and 'I'll cover you - Reprise' almost killed me.
Only thing that didn't work for me at all and is usually one of my favorite sogs was W

re: Need 1 ticket for Ziegfeld midnight showing
 Nov 17 2005, 01:55:19 PM
So is mine! Unless someone has another spare ticket!

QM

re: The Pillowman to Play Final Performance on Sept. 18
 Aug 4 2005, 06:52:42 AM
Mabel took the words right out of my mouth: What a pisser!

I'm really surprised and disappointed at the news and I, for one, was hoping for a longer run, even though Crudup and Goldblum leave in September. Makes me wonder why the producers pull the plug so quickly, considering that lots of people would kill to play these parts (as Margo mentioned).

Very disappointing news....

QM

re: My PILLOWMAN experience!! ~long~
 Aug 1 2005, 05:57:03 AM
I don't mean to be rude but if your review had a few more paragraphs it would definitely receive more responses or attention.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time seeing this wonderful production. Looking forward to seeing it again too.

QM

re: When does ___ leave?
 Jul 30 2005, 04:01:09 PM
Can I also fill in the blanks and ask when the current Pillowman cast is scheduled to leave?
I tried to do a search on this before Jose' kicks my ass but I have not found any discussion on this.

QM

re: The Pillowman Rush
 Jul 30 2005, 03:37:29 PM
I agree. When I saw The Pillowman I had second row all the way to the right and missed a lot of what was going on. In fact, I think I sat on my friend's lap through the entire play (or was that because I was scared sh*tless? ).

Depending on your budget obviously, you should definitely try to get decent seats for this play as the success of it really depends on the surprise and shock factor and if you miss half of the stage you will definitely lose ou

re: diva pascal
 Jul 7 2005, 07:28:37 AM
You're calling yourselves Adam Pascal fans but don't know what song Bdwaygirl and Emcee are referring to??? Oh dear... Get Civilian out now and listen to Book Of Endings!

And Adam is too much of a diva to be anything like Val Kilmer who's just an asshole!

QM

re: Stephanie J Block issues
 Jul 7 2005, 03:38:45 AM
I saw Stephanie in Toronto and she really didn't do anything for me. I thought some of her choices were ok (Defying Gravity) but with all due respect I have never heard a funnier version of No Good Deed than Stephanie's. Even now, listening to her version I think she totally oversings the song.
Her Elphaba was very cartoon figure like for me... suddenly singing in a witch voice ('I'm wicked through and through'), then suddenly shouting... she was not very easy to listen to.

I'm not

re: Wicked Readies for London...
 Jul 6 2005, 02:49:52 AM
I always saw Caroline Sheen as Glinda. I haven't been a fan of her performances so far but always thought she was campy enough to play Glinda.

I have no idea who could possibly play Elphaba but really don't think that Riding, Friedman or Henshall should be an option. I would love to hear Josie Walker sing the crap out of these songs but it'll never happen. Laura Michelle Kelly might be an option, an option I would not be happy with at all.
Hannah Waddingham has a good rock voice but

re: Caprice in 'RENT'
 Jul 4 2005, 04:02:39 AM
I spoke to the producer of that particular productiuon of Rent one day and we started talking about this whole casting stunt.
He sort of agreed with the fact that it is a complete joke to have someone like her mime to the songs but he made a few good points from his point of view.

He mentioned all the articles, TV appearances and therefore advertisement the show received just because of Caprice, he wouldn't have been able to afford this kind of advertisement in a million years. He w

re: Question for the posters in London...
 Jul 4 2005, 03:47:15 AM
I'm a bit with Jwaa on this one. Loved the dancing, was lucky enough to see Liam. However, I was very disappointed in the score. I've never been a huge fan of Elton's music but thought his musicals were enjoyable and the songs quite memorable. This was not the case for Billy for me.
There was not one show-stopping number, apart from Electricity maybe... and Electricity wasn't a big number because of the music but because of the dancing. I was expecting so much more of this show.

QM

Jul 3 2005, 08:31:56 AM
Well, it's not illegal to lip-synch and I guess there was no need to call in understudies as Caprice never lost her voice... She just never had one to begin with!

Caprice wasn't in the OLC with Anthony, Adam etc but joined a London production in 2001 (or was it 2002?) and let's just say that none of her colleagues were particularly impressed by her!

QM

Jul 3 2005, 03:31:53 AM
She can belt a song???? You are kidding, right?

Her appearance in Rent was the biggest joke since Dannii Minogue in Notre Dame De Paris. In fact, at least Dannii tried (and failed) to sing whereas Caprice didn't even attempt to. The producers and Caprice herself were very open about the fact that she lip-synched all of Maureen's songs, making that particular production of Rent one of the biggest jokes to ever hit the West End.
I was disgusted by her performance!

QM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You