News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ecsnyc22

Member Name: ecsnyc22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spencer Liff on SYTYCD again tonight
 Nov 24 2009, 09:26:19 AM
According to his facebook fanpage, he is choreographing another routine tonight for SYTYCD.

I also heard that this week he has dancers better suited to his style, and that the routine is amazing!

re: Favorite Set Designs
 Aug 5 2008, 01:02:56 PM
I loved the set design for the revival of SOUTH PACIFIC at Lincoln Center. Of course, it was the set with the lighting that made it so stunning.

In that same space, I also loved THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA.

re: Vacation Schedules - South pacific
 Aug 3 2008, 09:28:02 PM
Anyone heard anything about Matt Morrison? I saw the show on 7/25 and he was out....would love to see him in the part, and plan to go again.
re: 'Legally Blonde' national tour, full casting announcement?
 Jul 31 2008, 03:41:28 PM
From playbill.com

Finalists Autumn Hurlbert, Rhiannon Hansen and Lauren Zakrin have all been cast in either the Broadway production or the first national tour of the musical, which launches in Providence, RI, Sept. 23.

Hurlbert, the first runner-up in the competition, will understudy the role of Elle Woods on Broadway and will perform in the ensemble. Zakrin, the youngest contestant on the reality show, will understudy the tour's Elle Woods, Becky Gulsvig, and will also be a member of the ensemble. And, Hansen will play the role of Margot, Elle's best friend, on tour.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/119676.html

re: 'Legally Blonde' national tour, full casting announcement?
 Jul 31 2008, 02:25:36 PM
In regards to Ven, I think that producers also like the marketing tool it gives them to say that the performer played the role on Broadway. It is one more way to sell the tour to the masses.
re: Bailey's first without the 6 pages ragging on her Bio...
 Jul 31 2008, 02:21:07 PM
I took in the show at the Sunday (7/27) matinee, and thought it was okay. Bailey was proficient in the part, seemed comfortable on stage, but didn't surprise me, or bring something new and different to the role, which is what I would have liked. There was an understudy on for Paulette, who had some great moments, but played the role so broad, I felt like it lost some of the surprising poignancy that Orfeh brings to it. Christian Borle was great...I have actually seen the show three times, and he
re: Movies that Were Better than the show
 Jul 31 2008, 02:01:54 PM
I have to say that after seeing the movie THE BIRD CAGE and loving it, I found myself completely underwhelmed by the revival of LA CAGE AUX FOLLES.
re: Movies that Were Better than the show
 Jul 30 2008, 06:00:02 PM
Iloveflops, I totally agree. I don't know if it was because I saw the movie, "Chicago" before the show....but I felt like the story made a lot more *sense* in the movie as opposed to on-stage.

re: Best act 1 finale
 Jul 30 2008, 04:48:24 PM
I thought that Audra McDonald in 110 IN THE SHADE singing "Old Maid" was stunning.

Frankly, I think that anything Audra McDonald does is stunning...

SOLD - CRY BABY ticket for sale - final show - $68
 Jun 19 2008, 09:38:07 PM
Ticket sold.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You