News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for his4his

Member Name: his4his
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
 Apr 14 2017, 09:53:57 AM

London was not perfect but it had big elaborate sets that made up for somewhat of a weak script. Sadly the magic is gone in NYC. I'm not kidding when I say the chocolate factory is now the size of your grandpa's model train station in his basement. The elevator that went up and over the front of the audience in London now just go's up and down. Also the element of anticipation one had in London waiting to see Wonka is eliminated now that Wonka is the first person we meet

Dolly, Bette, Dolly
 Apr 5 2017, 06:07:12 PM

I only said the song itself was shortened, the cast on stage was fantastic.

All I'll say is that I went into the performance excited and with high hopes, the cast not only delivered but exceeded my expectations. This what musical theater really is!

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Apr 3 2017, 03:39:25 PM

I have to say, Miss Midler's last Friday's night performance deserved a standing O at the end of the title number, I think it was two fold, one for just being her and two, an homage to the show itself; it was a moment!

Dolly, Bette, Dolly
 Apr 3 2017, 03:12:04 PM

Do whatever it takes (a second mortgage) to see Miss Midler in a great old school production of Hello Dolly. The Friday March 31 show was flawless front start to finish. Bette's comedic, vocal and acting talents are on full display and she takes your breath away at every turn; she has truly made this show her own. Hyde-Pierce makes a great Horace, compared to the stick in the mud Walter Matthau's movie version; "Penny in my Pocket" was a delight! The rema

Shame on the producers for taking the magic away from Charlie!
 Apr 3 2017, 12:18:54 PM

The good - Superb cast. Borle is a worthy Wonka but it is Jackie Hoffman who steals the show (thankfully) as Mrs. Teavee.
The bad - The producers shrunk the show; those big, beautiful sets in London replaced by sad looking miniatures. When I walked out of the London production I believed they made a stage show worthy, if not better, than the original movie. Dismal small sets, children replaced by adults, lost direction. This show is in Wonka's basement, not his chocolate factory

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You