News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amanda2

Amanda2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Amanda2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What? Did the Tonys not know Susan Browning passed away?
 Jun 12 2006, 05:05:46 PM
I wondered the same thing about Don Knotts last year. All I can come up with is that she passed away in the current season and will be in the memoriam in 2007.
re: Who Could Be the New Marius in Les Mis?
 May 16 2006, 01:35:00 PM
My vote would go to Martin Crewes too! (He also played Marius on the West End for a few months, from February to September of 1997.) But then, I MIGHT be ever so slightly biased...

re: Need your help finding a song---think it's from Shall We Dance
 May 3 2006, 12:35:03 PM
Hi Jsamuels,
Found these musicals with "Dance" in the title:
"Born to Dance"
"Dance a Little Closer"
"Dance of the Vampires"
"Never Gonna Dance"
"Song and Dance"
"Tap Dance Kid"

I would take a closer look at "Born to Dance" as it is a Cole Porter musical and the song you are looking for might fit best into one of his.

Try this link http://www.stlyrics.com

Best wishes,
Amanda

re: Lyrics to songs
 Jan 26 2006, 01:26:06 PM
Hope this helps,
Amanda
How can I win

Paula

How can I learn to trust enough?
And to stop believing all I hear are lies
Open my heart but just enough
To keep an open mind but never close my eyes
To the dangers I alert myself
Making efforts to assert myself
And discovering ways to hurt myself
That no one else has tried
How can I win if I'm not on my side?

How can I dare to feel again?
If I can't let go of past mistakes I've mad

re: My Fair Lady Audition
 Dec 30 2005, 01:15:16 PM
What about some of the songs from "South Pacific". As I am a mezzo too, I would recommend either "Bali Hai" or "Wash that Man". "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from "Flower Drum Song" comes to mind too.
Best of luck to you.

re: Any Vocal Book Suggestions?
 Dec 30 2005, 01:07:47 PM
I use a lot of Hal-Leonard books in my vocal studies. My coach recommends them. I believe the Singers' Anthology mentioned above is one of their publications. Quite a few come with CD's that have the music with and without the singer so you can practise/perform. The books I have have a selection of songs from various musicals. A quick Google will get you the website and any decent music store would likely either stock them or could order them for you. I live in Canada and we can do that here, s
re: The Woman in White (11/4/05)- the good, the bad, and the downright ugly
 Nov 7 2005, 04:22:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if that insipid line "I must disregard his charms, and his manly rugged arms" is still in the show? I have only ever heard the OLC, and according to those in the know, some of the lyrics have been changed since. Its the only line in the whole production that gets on my last nerve. Much appreciated.
re: LOTR- 'the musical'
 Jul 27 2005, 04:59:04 PM
I attended the auditions in Toronto, and they were seeing performers with "circus training" in priority. People such as stilt-walkers, jugglers and acrobats were taken out of line and seen separately (they also had a different audition date). This would tend to imply that a more Cirq atmosphere was what they were after. I don't believe it will be a "musical' in the traditional sense.
re: Best Title of a Play or Musical?
 Dec 12 2004, 06:44:09 PM
For SticktoPriest: You're going to love my favourite title - its "Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mamma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad"
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You