News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ForTheLoveOfLea

ForTheLoveOfLea Profile Photo
Member Name: ForTheLoveOfLea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

full monty question  Jun 22 2007, 04:49:24 PM
Hey, I didn't know if I should post this on this board, but I'm auditioning for The Full Monty this Sunday and there are no websites that give good descriptions of the female characters and their vocal parts so if any of you guys could lay out some character info on the ladies, that would be fantastic. Thank you!
re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...  Jul 26 2006, 12:29:47 PM
When you write a speech on Stephen Sondheim and Into the Woods for your Speech Communication course. . . and no one knows who Stephen Sonhdheim is.
re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...  Jul 23 2006, 10:40:09 PM
You make a facebook group entitled "I'd Do Stephen Sondheim"

You say "Dwarves are very upsetting" and your friends laugh even though you actually mean it. - Into the Woods

A good amount of your away messages are showtunes.

Your family makes seafood and you think "Look at them clams" or "this was a real nice clambake" - Carousel

Someone asks if you want to get ice cream and you can't help but say "Ice cream, vanilla ice cream. . ."

You organize your ca

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members  Jul 6 2006, 12:52:25 PM
Hahaha, that's cute, Peach.

I was stuck next to this guy during Sweeney and he made a comment to his bored girlfriend who had no clue what the show was about about how he was in a production of Sweeney as well as Godspell. Both written by Stephen Sondheim.

Agnes of God  Apr 17 2006, 07:26:33 PM
I'm doing a scene from this play for my acting class at college and I was wondering if anyone has any insights to the play? I'm doing the scene where the Doctor gets Agnes to confide to her that her mother was sexually abusive to her (I'm Agnes, by the way). I read the play and I think it is really amazing. There is so much room for character development with these women. I especially relate to the Doctor and I usually get pegged to play women in control and I wanted to do Agnes as a challenge a
re: West Side Story  Dec 16 2005, 04:54:14 PM
Haha, my family accuses me of being high brow too.

West Side Story is my all time favorite musical. You seriously can't go wrong with Leonard Bernstein. I cry everytime I hear the orchestra move into "Tonight". Maria is my dream role. I'm a lyric soprano of hispanic descent, so I hope every year that a theatre near me would put it on so I could audition for it. I started watching it last night but I had to stop because I had finals in the morning and I knew I had to go to bed or I woul

re: Favorite Alto????????  Nov 25 2005, 09:12:25 PM
Lower voices are easier on the ear. I have a friend who has a high pitched speaking voice and when she gets excited for any reason it hurts my ears. I'm her polar opposite because my regular talking voice is (and has been since I was a child)incredibly low. I was borderline Kathleen Turner for quite some time. My singing voice is a lyric soprano, oddly enough.

If you want to hear what a real alto sounds like, listen to Marian Anderson, or someone of the like. Thats a true alto. If you c

re: You know you're a deranged musical theatre fan when....  Nov 6 2005, 10:41:11 PM
When you bust out crying before the show even starts.
re: What song are you singing/thinking of right now?  Nov 6 2005, 10:38:19 PM
It was "On the Steps of the Palace" at work, now its "Mister Snow".
re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 23 2005, 01:30:57 PM
I don't think I cried that much in my life. She is my role model, and to see her perform was the most amazing thing in the world for me. I thought I was going to die, as soon as I heard her being announced my face exploded in tears. I don't know why I even wore eye make up. I was hoping she would sing "There Won't Be Trumpets", but I was happy none the less. It was an amazing experience.
re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 22 2005, 11:46:01 PM
I am suprised that she came, in a way. I went with my voice teacher to see her and we bought the tickets the day before it happened. She called me at eight in the morning telling me the news and I was completely floored. I have a tremendous amount of admiration for her. She is so strong to be able to perform after all she has been through in the past few weeks.
re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 22 2005, 11:23:38 PM
I adored her singing Fever. And I adored her dress. She is quite possible the cutest woman alive. I loved her segway into Fever. She's close to sixty and still has it!

Yes she did. At the beginning of the concert. That was the only time I believe.

re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 22 2005, 10:58:09 PM
Unexpected Song is one of my all time favorites.

She was commenting a bit. This is the first time I've seen her in concert so I have nothing to compare her to, but she commented after most of the songs she sang.

re: Which Number Always Leaves You In Chills  Oct 22 2005, 10:37:37 PM
The overture to West Side Story.
re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 22 2005, 10:36:21 PM
Haha, I was in the second to last row in the whole theatre but the view was amazing. I was wearing a fifties vintage dress with a hairclip if that narrows it down for you. I'm 1 in a 1000.

I loved "Mister Snow".

re: Bernadette Peters in Concert  Oct 22 2005, 10:22:48 PM
I was there too!!!! So many lehigh valley people!

I bawled my eyes out when she came on stage. She looked stunning. Unexepected Song always makes me teary.

I was there in my pretty black dress. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

Acting in straight plays  Sep 13 2005, 09:04:58 PM
Those of you guys who are into that, what do you feel are your greatest strengths and challenges? Do you guys feel any specific sensations when you are really into what you are doing? What are some of your favorite monologues to perform?
re: musical talent  Sep 10 2005, 09:54:50 PM
I ask because I have been taking lessons for a year and a half and I completely recognize a major difference. I can throw out high A's like they were nothing but I couldn't even sing a good B above middle C when I started. Was I born with a good soprano and just never realized it, or did I develop it through lots of work? Because I dont see how I can add over an octave to my range over the course of a year.
musical talent  Sep 10 2005, 09:29:50 PM
Do you think that having a good voice is something you are born with and simply have to uncover, or that anyone can be a good singer? And if someone start singing, is there a point where the singer stops improving or do they keep getting stronger all the time? I've been wondering that ever since I started voice lessons. Discussions, please?
re: Musicals and masculinity  Sep 10 2005, 09:17:50 PM
I'm actually discovering there to more and more straight fellas in the theatre world these days, as opposed to the stereotype. Gay theatre majors are actually a minority in my school. Just an observation.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You