News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Le Prince Rebel

Le Prince Rebel Profile Photo
Member Name: Le Prince Rebel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moby Dick! The Musical  May 13 2007, 07:17:56 AM
Does anyone here have any experience with "Moby Dick! The Musical." I have the original London cds, but I guess the show's been changed since then. I'm thinking of producing it at my high school? Did you have fun with it? Any special gags that worked realy well? I'd really appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations you may have. I'm kinda on the fence right now.
What can I take high school students to see in London?  Jan 24 2007, 03:44:23 PM
In April, I'm taking a tour of 45 students from a Catholic high school to London. We get to see three shows, and I'm trying to pick, one musical, one drama, and one comedy. If you had had to pick only one show for each category, which three shows would you see?
re: Favorite Sondheim Intricate Rhyming Lyrics  Feb 26 2006, 10:56:20 PM
How could we forget:

Lucy is juicy
But terribly drab.
Jessie is dressy
But cold as a slab.
Lucy wants to be dressy.
Jessie wants to be juicy.
Lucy wants to be Jessie
And Jessie Lucy.
You see, Jessie is racy
But hard as a rock.
Lucy is lacy
But dull as a smock.
Jessie wants to be lacy,
Lucy wants to be Jessie.
That's the sorrowful précis.
It's very messy.

"The Story of Lucy and Jessie" from FOLLIES

re: 'The Spitfire Grill: The Musical'  Jul 22 2005, 09:19:17 AM
I directed this production that performed at the Illinois High School Theatre Festival. The show opened Off-Broadway not long after 9/11, and though it received positive reviews, theatre business, in general, was off, and many smaller shows couldn't survive, and the show closed. It's a great little musical about sins and redemption, and the music is fantastic, quite different from most scores: folk, country, bluegrass, etc . . . The cast loved doing the show; it's intimate and poignant, and I
Something's afoot  May 6 2005, 03:26:31 PM
Has anyone ever done this show before? I'm thinking about producing it next year. I saw the PBS production with Jean Stapleton many years, but I don't remember much about the show. Any recommendations? Warnings?
re: SPAMALOT SOLD OUT  Sep 17 2004, 01:25:50 PM
I got a second row, center section mezzaine ticket for Jan. 2 this past Mondat morning through Ticketmaster.com -- is this sold out info just propaganda?
re: SPAMALOT(Help): Chicago  Sep 17 2004, 01:23:15 PM
I'm not an American Express member, and I got my ticket Monday morning through Ticketmaster.com and didn't have any problems getting a decent seat. Give them a try.
re: Sondheim's Bounce  Aug 21 2004, 08:55:42 AM
I saw it twice in Chicago(a huge Sondheim nut here), once at the beginning in the run and once toward the end of the run. I was surprised given the problems with the show, how little had changed. While friends tore it apart, I didn't think it was as bad has they claimed, but it also wasn't as good as I had hoped (how many years were we all waiting for an new Sondheim musical?!)

I think the book of the show was the biggest problem. I never really knew why this story had to be told. Y

re: Best staging  Aug 1 2004, 10:47:23 PM
The staging of the overture of CAROUSEL at Lincoln Center was breathtaking. I still get goosebumps when I think of that carousel coming together!
re: Your Wow-zah Sondheim lyric PICKS...  Aug 1 2004, 08:19:15 AM
Nice is different than good!
re: Dracula  Jul 29 2004, 07:04:18 AM
Shouldn't that be "'Goodness knows' WICKED is getting old"? :)
You are right Plum  Jul 16 2004, 11:41:57 PM
That's exactly where I sat -- marvelous seats; you're lucky to have them! Enjoy!
G - all is forgiven  Jul 16 2004, 11:30:06 AM
I saw it Tuesday, and I don't understand all the negativity. It's a funny, thought-provoking show with a poignant message at the end. I don't think that it attacks Bush as much as it challenges the choice of going to war. I felt that the piece's points would be relevant at any time our nation would be at war. And heck, don't we always challenge the intelligence of our leaders? That Aristophanes wrote something in which we can still find relevancy is amazing. And no one around me left at int
re: Wicked Obsessed - Do I Need Help?  Jul 16 2004, 11:20:08 AM
I agree with you the book is better, but it would have never worked as the story of a musical, and while I was not eager to see the changes made, I actually found them still satisfying. They work better for a musical. The one aspect of the show which puzzled me was how could Elphaba sing, "I'm Not That Girl" in the rain? Curiouser and Curiouser.
re: Off Broadway Recommendations?  Jul 12 2004, 12:09:37 AM
shoot! and I thought I proofread my posting -- It was my very first one, so excuse my virgin typing! :)
Off Broadway Recommendations?  Jul 11 2004, 11:58:42 PM
I've been unlucky to schedule my once a year trip to NYC this week (arriving Monday afternoon) -- Have 9 tickets to see all the major musicals - ugh! If there's a strike, I'd love to substitute Off-Broadway shows in their place. I have tickets for BUG and THE MUSICAL OF MUSICALS -- can someone make some Off-Broadway recommendations?

Also, I bought most of my tickets through telecharge.com -- if there is a strike, will I be able to get my monet refunded?

See ya all tomorrow!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You