News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ejnarciso

ejnarciso Profile Photo
Member Name: ejnarciso
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The standing ovation is a filthy American habit.
 Jul 31 2008, 11:39:48 PM
Even if a show is a "stinker," whether it be becuase of poor casting, bad songwriting or a poor script, I think the actors deserve a standing ovation for the hard work that they put into the show.
re: Damn Yankees Cast Recording?
 Jul 30 2008, 01:44:16 AM
I volunteered at the merch counter last saturday, and the guy from the Marketing Deptartment said that there has not yet been a recording session and it probably won't happen.
re: Bloopers in Broadway shows?
 Jul 28 2008, 06:03:52 PM
At the 7/26 8PM performance of Damn Yankees: After re-enacting Jane Krakowski's "Whatever Lola Wants" dance, Sean Hayes stood with his left profile facing the stage. The crowed cheered and laughed loudly at his mockery of the dance. After 15 seconds or so, Hayes, overcome by the humor, had to turn his face to the rear of the stage and laugh - and the crowd cheered louder.

It's was just like SNL moments when cast members can't keep a straight face during skits. I'll never forget it!

re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
 Jul 24 2008, 03:07:31 AM
I propose a cast of all VH1 and MTV reality show stars. Flavor Flav, Tila Tequila, New York, Real World vets

Now thats entertainment. painful, painful entertainment

re: NYCLU Broadway Stands Up For Freedom! 2008
 Jul 21 2008, 11:54:24 PM
It was an enjoyable and fun night, and all for a great cause!

It's unfortunate Tony Kushner couldn't be there, but his letter was entertaining and inspiring at the same time. The concert showcased the performers' talents, while keeping the NYCLU's goals in mind.

The highlight for me was definitely seeing the new cast of Godspell on stage with Stephen Schwartz. I was out the whole day, so I hadn't seen all the casting announcements until I got home.

NYCLU Broadway Stands Up For Freedom! 2008
 Jul 15 2008, 04:28:32 AM
Anyone else going to this benefit concert for the NYCLU next Monday? Looks like a great set of performers this year: (Link Below)

Daphne Rubin-Vega (Rent, Les Mis)
Michael Cerveris (Sweeney Todd, Assassins)
Daniel Sunjata (Take Me Out, Rescue Me)
Kathleen Chalfant (Wit, Angels in America)
John Gallagher (Spring Awakening)
Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, All Shook Up)
Celia Keenan-Bolger (Les Mis, Spelling Bee)
Anthony Rapp (Rent)
Gavin Creel (Godspell)

re: Places to Eat in NYC
 Jul 9 2008, 10:14:57 PM
Scarlatto on W 47th, just east of 8th avenue is Italian fine dining on a budget.

Excellent food, great, quick service (especially pre-theater)

re: Marketing Broadway
 Jul 5 2008, 10:52:42 PM
hahaha... and then try telling seniors with high blood pressure to wait an hour for their blood pressure medicine, pay ridiculous amounts of money, while explaining to them why they can't drink grapefruit juice with the pills.

and then there's organic chemistry(!)

Marketing Broadway
 Jul 3 2008, 02:10:32 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but I follow them occasionally, so I'm not completely unfamiliar (I know about the coolkid ordeal!) Nonetheless, any tips?

Anyway, my first post seeks out anyone who has worked in marketing for various arts programs (i.e. broadway theatre, opera, classical music.)After my freshman year at pharmacy school, I've decided that counting pills for 120k a year is not for me, and that I'd like to pursue a degree in marketing, and eventually work in

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You