News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrockMButler

BrockMButler Profile Photo
Member Name: BrockMButler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonys 2017: Will/Should Win
 May 2 2017, 08:36:43 PM

leighmiserables said: "First, I think it's important to note that "Best Musical" does not equate to "Most Emotional Musical." If that were the case, then Wicked would've beat Avenue Q"

Actually if that were the case '"Caroline, or Change" would have won Best Musical... Incidentally it also happened to actually be the best musical that year (title or not) and in my opinion easily o

Ariana Grande cast as Penny in
 Jul 7 2016, 07:14:13 PM

Jen Simard as Prudy NEEDS to happen

More info on the new Sondheim and David Ives musical
 Jun 23 2016, 08:56:56 PM

I NEED Carmen Cusack originating a new Sondheim role

SHUFFLE ALONG Sets Sudden Broadway Closing After Audra McDonald Departs
 Jun 23 2016, 08:00:43 PM

How is a show that's bringing in nearly one million a week and playing to 99% capacity closing? Was the advanced ticket drop off that steep after Audra's scheduled departure? This is WEIRD

Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
 Jun 20 2016, 12:33:36 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "I saw the show show with Kennedy in the role back in November. I personally did not care for her at all. I didn't realize how much Jessie Mueller carried that show until I saw it without her. She elevated the weak book to greater heights. I didn't hate the show the first time I saw it, but I didn't love it either. The second time I saw the show I was bored, un-engaged, and the book problems that Muller was able to kind of hide with her performanc

Cynthia Erivo - Upcoming COLOR PURPLE Absences
 Jun 20 2016, 12:05:54 AM

I was there this afternoon. Thought the crowd was energetic for a Sunday matinee but it didn't seem like the majority sitting around me realized this was her first show back. We specifically waited until today to see it. Standing O following "I'm Here" and I assume this is the norm. That number sealed the Tony for her. She absolutely killed it. Danielle was out but her understudy was wonderful. Also I have to say that Heather would have potentially given Renee a ru

Fun Home solo?
 Jun 19 2016, 01:59:50 AM

Went with Fun Home and was blown away. I'm a long time fan of the show and to see 80% of the OBC at CITS was an experience I won't ever forget. We saw Beautiful tonight and it was by far the worst show I've ever seen on a Broadway stage. To see a show like that succeed and Bright Star fail royally pisses me off. Wish we'd gone with Waitress in the Beautiful slot. Thank God I have Cynthia in The Color Purple to close out the weekend and wash that bad ta

Fun Home solo?
 Jun 18 2016, 01:42:14 AM

On a trip with my brother in law & his niece. He wants to see Waitress tomorrow. I, Fun Home. Thinking about splitting up for the matinee. The fact that it's at the CITS with 90% of the OBC seems too good to pass up. Anyone who's seen both care to weigh in or add something else I need to see? So far we've done Mormon & Bright Star and will be seeing Beautiful & The Color Purple over the rest of the weekend. Is Waitress worth passing on?

Cynthia Erivo - Upcoming COLOR PURPLE Absences
 Jun 17 2016, 04:10:04 PM

Will Cynthia be back on Sunday for both shows?

Barbra Streisand Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway
 Jun 10 2016, 01:37:57 PM

And no Michael Urie duet? What gives?!?

Barbra Streisand Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway
 Jun 10 2016, 08:00:04 AM

Has anyone heard the "At the Ballet" first listen they just put out? Daisy and Anne sound nice but Babs singing that number is ridiculous to the point of high camp. I'm picturing her "Sheila" and just about pissing myself. Herein lies the problem with her Gypsy "casting". The woman has ZERO self awareness.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/FIRST-LISTEN-Barbra-Streisand-Sings-At-the-Ballet-ft-Anne-Hathaway-Encore-Pre-Order-Tracklist-20160610

Bright Star Appreciation Thread
 Jun 5 2016, 11:01:04 PM

Yasssss!!!! The Drama Desk for Best Score!!! 

LCT'S KING AND I closes on June 26th
 Jun 5 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Harry was spot on. I think all the troll sayers owe him an apology.

Riedel on Steve Martin keeping Bright Star open
 Jun 1 2016, 01:23:42 AM

I give Steve and Edie a lot of credit as it's very clear that this isn't an ego thing but rather two artists who put their blood, sweat and tears into a beautiful show that they want to see succeed. You can tell that EVERYONE involved in this show has a genuine love and passion for each other and the work they're doing 8 times a week at The Cort, which is something that's all too rare. I'm not really sure what the point of Riede

She Loves Me extension?
 May 30 2016, 11:37:55 PM

They can't extend more than a couple weeks at most if they do. Holiday Inn (BLECH!) will probably be needing the space by the beginning of August

Your Most Prized Theater Item/ memborabilia
 May 30 2016, 11:24:42 PM

The Playbill for Dogfight signed by the entire original cast. So enamored with the show, its score and that beautiful production. Sidenote- Had it transferred Lindsay Mendez would have taken that Tony from Patina Miller without a fight.

re: Movie that would make great musical adaptation
 May 29 2016, 10:30:22 PM

Mystic Pizza. Not sure it would play now that Waitress is a big smash but I think the material is wonderful. A little dated but I think it could (and should) be adjusted to relate to today's audience 

The First Wives Club- I know it's been done (badly) but if they did a complete creative overhaul and got Harvey on the book and Shaiman and Wittman on the score (Including "You Don't Own Me" is clearly a must), this could be a lot of f

Change One Letter: Musicals Edition
 May 28 2016, 02:32:59 PM

R-Rated Edition

bi-tanic: A "straight" man "accidentally" books a ticket on an all gay cruise after a breakup with his girlfriend and learns to embrace his secret longings. The ship strikes an iceberg and wacky hijinks ensue. Featuring such musical theatre standards as "The Largest Floating Object in the World", "Bautumn", "I must get on that d***" and the newly discovered "Going dow

Pop stars you want to write a show
 May 23 2016, 12:03:30 AM

Fun. I feel like there is something inherently theatrical about most of their music. Would love to see what they could do with an original score

Favorite line/part of a musical that isn't the lyrics of a song?
 May 18 2016, 08:21:37 PM

"Don't be afraid it won't be perfect, The only thing to be afraid of really is that it won't be."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You