News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for downtoearth2

downtoearth2 Profile Photo
Member Name: downtoearth2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Evita National Tour performs charity Concert in LA
 Nov 3 2013, 12:40:50 AM
The cast of the acclaimed First National Tour of Evita is performing at Rockwell in LA to benefit the Trevor Project:

http://rockwell-la.inticketing.com/evinfo.php?eventid=354884

A Chorus Line Choreography Question
 Aug 26 2012, 11:22:27 PM
The show starts with the robot- which should be cold and stiff. Then you get to see each person learn the steps in their individual ways. The 'away from the mirror' when everyone dances the combo tutti is supposed to be completely unison- even the cut dancers. It's a theatrical moment, the orchestra kicks in for the first time and the theatrical lighting starts and the audience is hit with a wave of huge perfect unison dancing. Then in groups of four it splits into individual style and ability. If the dancers' legs are at different levels during away from the mirror is just an individual thing, not something Baayork told them to do. She never really specifies how high the left leg should go but she definitely does not teach an X jump. All SHE really cares about is the deep plie between jumps. I also know that if they can, she enjoys the men to split that jump, but it's not required.

I agree that Zach and Larry should be the 'go to' as far as technique, but really it's just Larry. The Zach's tend to be older and by nature don't dance it to the full throttle nature it should have. And yes, the roles of Mike, Greg, Bobby, Diana and Larry should dance it spot on. Mark, Judy and Val should be over the top but in a really amazing way.

Good Luck

BARE Casting?
 Aug 21 2012, 12:52:46 AM
Ivy will be played by Elizabeth Judd- currently understudies MJ in Spiderman
re: Nikki Snelson to Depart A CHORUS LINE Tour
 Sep 18 2008, 12:01:57 AM
Actually, I think a total of 10 people are leaving in Toronto.
re: Nikki Snelson no longer attached to The CW's VALENTINE
 Jul 24 2008, 08:27:54 PM
it sure does

my last production contract, I was three weeks into rehearsals when i finally had to go to my agents office and sign my contract over lunch, because I thought to myself - if i get hurt and I havent signed my contract, Im totally screwed - but if I hadnt taken it upon myself to do so, I have no idea how long it would have been before someone made me do it...

Jul 24 2008, 06:29:26 PM
and yet it happened
 Jul 24 2008, 06:03:20 PM
Here are some facts for you guys.

It is a fact that Nikki didnt sign her ACL contract. Most of the cast didnt sign theirs until rehearsals were almost over because NO ONE asked for them! Who the hell knows why but they didnt, and hers just slipped through the cracks, simple as that.

Can't she just walk away and do the tv show then? Well if she did, John Breglio threatened to sue the CW if that happened, and they got scared, and proceeded to fire Nikki.

Nikki didnt seek

Jul 24 2008, 12:30:59 AM
She was being held to her contract - a contract that does NOT have an out! Which is ****ty in and of itself.

The CW offered John Breglio much more money than he would have had to pay her for the rest of her contract, and he said no...

She even offered to come back after the show finished taping and he also said no.

She was going to leave, and John Breglio threatened to sue the CW, and they didnt want the bad press, and took the offer back...

what horse ****, J

re: A Chorus Line National Tour
 Jul 6 2008, 10:14:54 PM
I've seen it a couple of times, and I have a lot to say...

The Broadway revival was particularly upsetting to me in its lack of energy - the cast members had good moments, but on the whole were lacking in a lot of areas.

Nikki Snelson, while maybe not the most TECHNICALLY trained dancer, has the fire and energy to pull off Music and the Mirror. Lets be honest, the choreography was made for Donna's style and wierd body, and it isnt that spectacular anymore... And Nikki sings in

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You