News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for voiceanthliveth

voiceanthliveth Profile Photo
Member Name: voiceanthliveth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 12 2022, 08:41:50 AM

High School girl plays Fanny Brice!

https://youtu.be/MCpCsY7OO7o

Apr 3 2022, 12:59:13 PM

I completely agree. Why not cut "People" and the superfluous "The Music that makes me dance". We could add "My Man" but she wouldn't be able to sing that too so we can just close out on Fanny tap dancing away (Like how the current "The Music Man" now ends) But she's not a great tapper....

Let me think....

Apr 3 2022, 08:44:02 AM

The point I was trying to make about the Lupone/Beanie comparison was that Lupone was a world class talent who was assigned  one of he most difficult scores ever written for a female voice. If she had trouble, OK, but it was still a world class talent and voice having trouble with the sustainability of a part.

That's not Beanie.

Frank Sinatra (The premier male vocalist of his time) had trouble with the layered and difficult song "Lush Life" He attempte

Apr 2 2022, 07:46:12 PM

Also  - this myth that Patti LuPone had to work her way through "Evita" and got the role down with frequent practice, is just that. a myth.

Patti LuPone on opening night of "Evita" was already being described as one of the great musical theater voices of her generation.

No one, is saying that about Beanie, They are instead asking for keys to be changed, Keys she has been singing in for months.

Gaga would have sung and acted the crap out of it,

Apr 2 2022, 05:27:49 PM

At the Boston tryout of "Funny Girl" in 1964 - the show was in trouble. As a personal favor to Jules Styne, Jerome Robbins took the train to see the show and give his opinion:

"Make everything about "the girl". Cut anything that isn't about "the girl". The show is "the girl.""

Robbins understood what people, to this day, as we see, still don't understand: "Funny Girl" was a "vehicle" for Barbra

re: From Marc Shaiman on the Tony's
 Jun 8 2009, 04:53:03 PM
That was actually funny coming from someone who has not left the house since The Dolly Sisters played the Orpheium circut!
re: From Marc Shaiman on the Tony's
 Jun 8 2009, 04:26:33 PM
huh?

re: 'Liza's At The Palace' REVIEWS
 Dec 4 2008, 09:44:50 AM
WOW!! It takes a Broadway hater to point out that the song CABARET was WRITTEN, tested and work-shopped for Minnelli - she was the first person to even look at the music...i.e without Liza, the song and indeed the whole score would sound like something written for Tammy Grimes!

She can do whatever she wants to with it!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You