News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for killertofu333

killertofu333 Profile Photo
Member Name: killertofu333
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, horse back riding through green meadows...oh yeah and did I mention coronary inducing cliches?!!!?

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Finn and Lapine Working on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE?
 Mar 4 2009, 08:03:26 PM
This sounds very promising. Much like others, I too would be thrilled if Toni came back to the stage. It's such a wonderful piece of cinema that it just seems like a natural transition to musical theater.
re: Sutton's cariacture is revealed...
 Mar 4 2009, 07:56:46 PM
At least this one is a bit closer to Sutton. Unlike Laura Bell which actually frightened me a bit when I first saw it.
re: Comfort Recordings
 Mar 2 2009, 12:21:30 PM
The Into the Woods OBCR always makes me really giddy whenever I listen to it.....that is until I get to "No One is Alone" then I get a little misty.

re: West Side Story: Greatest show of all time?
 Mar 2 2009, 01:20:59 AM
^^^^^

Persona non GRATA!!!!!

re: Legally Blonde: Greatest show of all time?
 Mar 2 2009, 01:01:37 AM
OMG how are there so many new people here?! I need to venture to the Broadway Board a lil' more often to get my fill of the new socks. They already know not to bring that BS to the Off-Topic Board. No offense to the noobs who are here because you actually genuinely LIKE being here without causing trouble.
re: Which Elphaba was the best?
 Jan 22 2009, 06:14:11 PM
Julia and Idina
re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 7 2009, 10:36:16 PM
Oh Schmergy!!! I've actually known some pretty BLAND girls named Claudia, what are the odds? Their parents really nailed it on the head with that one huh?
 Jan 7 2009, 08:21:23 PM
LOL Spork, but I have this thing of just assuming most people when I first meet them aren't that bright to begin with (that way when I find out that they are indeed not idiots, I'm pleasantly surprised). Besides if someone wants to screw with my son they'll have a helluva fight on their hands.

Jan 7 2009, 08:00:53 PM
For a girl: Millie (Thoroughly Modern Millie)

For a boy: It sounds weird but I'd shorten Schadenfreude (the song from Avenue Q) to just Schaden. I actually think it's kinda cute.

re: the wiz!
 Dec 18 2008, 12:14:20 PM
"How about J-Hud as the Wicked Witch?"

Reginald I could totally see that happening. But they'd for sure have to write a few more songs for her as Evilene just to showcase that amahzing voice of hers. I simply don't think "Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News" is enough for those pipes!

re: the wiz!
 Dec 18 2008, 01:56:49 AM
I'd love to see Lillias White as Glinda the Good. OMG I'm already giddy!!!
re: Saycon Sengbloh in Wicked?
 Nov 13 2008, 05:55:32 PM
Yeah I saw some videos of Saycon on "the site that we shall not speak of" and she sounds pretty much amahzing, her vocals are crazy!! IMO, next to Kerry and Shoshana, she's got the best "...look to the western sky" and "renown" of all the Elphies...if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Like you said with their recycling I for sure would've brought Saycon back!!! She's that freakin' good!!!

re: How did SA win a Tony?
 Nov 7 2008, 07:14:43 PM
dramamama611, I wouldn't go and pay for the show again right away if I didn't like it, but I'm not sure I'd completely write it off either. Down the line I'd give it another shot to impress me. If that doesn't work out then I'm pretty much DUNZO with it. But I think I'd still give it a chance. But some shows just aren't for everyone and I totally get that.

And thank you for liking my name. I used to watch "Doug" on Nickelodeon when I was little, and fell in love with the Beets!!!

re: How did SA win a Tony?
 Nov 7 2008, 05:33:06 PM
Liza + Jesus = Patti, I strongly feel that you would have liked it a lot more if you had seen the original cast. While I have yet to see the "new class" or the slight changes made to the production, I really enjoyed Jonathan, Lea, Schyler and Lilly Cooper. At the time IMO the vibe of the show was innovative and angsty...which I love

But to say it was PAINFUL? Really? Were you at the point of sticking skewers in your ears, or were you just "over it" right from the beginning because it didn't grab you?

I love this board because so many wonderful opinions are expressed but please don't jump to crap on a show after seeing it once (although from the sound of it, you won't pay to see it again). It takes time to really get into a show. Just find shows that more or less "speak" to you and your interests and B-way can be your new home.

I hope you find a show that you actually enjoy one day.

re: HAIR will play the Hirschfeld
 Nov 5 2008, 02:08:09 PM
I'm brimming with excitement!!!

MMMMM Jon Groff....Nuff Said!!

re: Jimmy Nederlander to Producer 'Thriller' the musical based on Michael
 Nov 5 2008, 01:48:09 PM
What the ****!!!!

These are not the times to be hitting the PIPE so hard!!!

As Riff-Tina/Leslie Kritzer put it so poetically: "Girl we in a RECESSION!!!!!"

re: Broadway Song That Best Describes You
 Nov 2 2008, 01:40:37 PM
"The Ladies Who Lunch"----Company
re: I love _____________________ but I HATE _________________
 Nov 2 2008, 01:38:47 PM
I love "White Boys" from Hair but HATE "Black Boys."

re: Will Farrel?
 Oct 19 2008, 06:02:25 PM
Dude, for once try going right to source!!!!! Ask Telecharge, do an actual search on google. For crap's sake stop posting stupid S**T!!!!

And I mean that with the utmost respect...or do I?

All I'm saying is just do the leg work yourself and find all the information you want in the time frame you want.

re: Seth's deconstruction of Julia Murney...
 Oct 18 2008, 09:32:07 PM
I just watched it a few minutes ago. I'd forgotten how much I absolutely adore Julia Murney's voice. It's so sassy, and she's a phenomenal belter!!! I love the "changing gun into 2 syllables" section..."GUNNNNNNNN-A" lol. Tip of the hat to Streisand: "Wah-wah Mule-A"

I love her voice so much that I had to watch Seth's Broadway 101 Rehearsal again, (on Sethrudetsky.com) with Norm Lewis, jonathan Groff and Julia singing "Buenos Aires" from Evita. She's sounds AMAHZING!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You