News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kissmycookie

kissmycookie Profile Photo
Member Name: kissmycookie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Does 'A Classic' Automatically Equal Good?  May 17 2007, 01:03:25 PM
Shakespeare is as 'classic' as playwrights go, but Denzel Washington in 'Julius Ceasar' was a nightmare of a production.
re: The Color Purple Opening Night Chicago  May 4 2007, 10:46:04 AM
What a wonderful privilege to have been there and seated amongst the other starry attendees, Glebby!
re: Our thoughts are with Audra....  May 1 2007, 10:44:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers for Audra and the McDonald family during this time.
Move Over Spamalot!  Apr 17 2007, 12:57:45 PM
because Spamalot is so two years ago!

http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/6298.html

Not the Messiah, Eric Idle's Comic Oratorio, to Have U.S. Premiere at Caramoor Festival

By Vivien Schweitzer
10 Apr 2007

The Caramoor Festival will present the U.S. premiere of Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy), a comic oratorio by Eric Idle and John Du Prez, the duo behind Spamalot.

The oratorio, inspired by the film Monty Python's Life of Brian, will have two performances in Caramoor's Venetian Theater on July 1 at 3:30 and 7:30 p.m., featuring Idle as both soloist and narrator. Peter Oundjian, Caramoor's artistic advisor and principal conductor (and Idle's first cousin), will lead the Orchestra of St. Luke's with the Collegiate Chorale and featured soloists.

And I do believe BWW's very own NYadgal is singing in this...

re: Will LuPone GYPSY be eligible for any awards?  Apr 13 2007, 12:17:07 PM
The Tonys haven't recognized any of the Encores! productions, nor have the Drama Desk or the Obies. 'Gypsy' is being produced under the auspices of Encores!
re: JOURNEY'S END is a must-see  Mar 15 2007, 12:40:25 PM
It's a seamless show, having been able to catch it last Sunday (where the orchestra was pretty packed). And a perfect ensemble of actors on stage.
re: FOLLIES AT CITY CENTER!  Feb 16 2007, 01:51:42 PM
Will they be doing Follies in Yiddish? Sally Durante Plummer singing "Am I Just Meshugah? Or were you just doing me a mitzvah?"
re: O'Hara is Dot  Nov 8 2006, 10:34:57 AM
I was going to say the same thing as ljay.

I wonder if she is under consideration for the role of Dot for the Broadway transfer of London's Menier Chocolate factory production?

re: Grab Your Ice Skates and Get Your Tickets!  Nov 7 2006, 10:42:21 AM
It went the way common sense did, girly...
re: Learning about A Little Night Music  Oct 25 2006, 11:23:16 AM
I guess the rumors for the impending revival with Glenn Close have remained rumors.

Still, it was hard to pass up City Opera's production of it two years ago. A Sondheim score played by a full orchestra. Who could refuse that?

re: thoughts on UTOPIA: VOYAGE  Oct 24 2006, 10:25:48 AM
It's just a possibility. Besides, Stoppard himself references them as three separate plays, albeit as a trilogy. It's just the enormous undertaking by both the National Theatre in London and LCT here in NY to present them in repertory. We'll just have to wait to hear what the Tony nominating committee rules on eligibility.
re: thoughts on UTOPIA: VOYAGE  Oct 23 2006, 03:37:58 PM
Stoppard is treating each as a separate play. What interests me is how some of the actors will be considered. The Bakunin sisters may not figure as much into Parts II and III. How will they consider Jennifer Ehle eligible for which role she will play?

So far, Voyage is this season's strongest acting ensemble.

More thoughts later.

re: Richard Easton Has Heart Attack During Utopia  Oct 20 2006, 11:05:04 AM
A speedy recovery to Mr. Easton. I haven't seen any updates on his condition.
re: Can someone explain Patti LuPone?  Aug 24 2006, 12:28:31 PM
Oh ye of small mind...

Edited for grammar

re: Bye Bye INISHMORE  Aug 24 2006, 12:26:05 PM
I wonder how much of production costs went into overtime for the cleanup crew?
re: My thoughts on A CHORUS LINE in SF (8.23.06)  Aug 24 2006, 11:56:42 AM
What are the possibilities both Avian and Lee can make the subsequent changes in the three week spanse of time before NY gets it's first preview?

Or the chance that they can bring in a director doctor to help focus?

re: My thoughts on A CHORUS LINE in SF (8.23.06)  Aug 24 2006, 11:20:55 AM
Thank you for this amazing review, MB.

As an absolute 'newbie' to any performance of ACL, I'm completely anticipating this production.

re: London 'Sunday in the Park....' Broadway bound !  Aug 24 2006, 11:15:38 AM
True, Patronus, but I guess I was leaning more towards a score and lyrics by Mr. Sondheim...

But news about talks regarding a possible transfer have been floated about for some time... Now if we only had a set date, theatre, and possible cast... Though I'm hoping they bring Daniel Evans over. I'd hope to get Jenna Russell too, but I get the feeling that the Equities may trade off bringing Evans over for an American Dot...

re: Bye Bye INISHMORE  Aug 24 2006, 11:12:04 AM
What a shame. It's a great show, for those who can appreciate the dark humour in it.

Though I thought the Lyceum was too large of a theatre for it...

re: Can someone explain Patti LuPone?  Aug 24 2006, 10:41:55 AM
Once upon a time, I didn't 'get' her.

Now I do.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You