News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SLasko

Member Name: SLasko
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Riedel on GYPSY and WEST SIDE STORY...
 Jan 14 2009, 10:24:24 PM
I've heard that when the cast begins rehearsals and previews in New York, Laurents is going back to square one with the show, going through it, working out all the kinks, figuring out what things work best. I have a feeling there will be quite a few changes.

re: West Side Story revival casting?
 Sep 4 2008, 05:19:23 PM
Oh whoops sorry I forgot to mention an important detail:

anytime they are singing or speaking spanish, there will be subtitles going on, so there shouldnt be a feeling of alienation so much as one of realism.

re: West Side Story revival casting?
 Aug 31 2008, 10:19:26 AM
Ok, so I skimmed the messages on the board so forgive me if any of this has already been said.
I was in a workshop with the casting director of WSS and he spoke for about an hour about exciting things they would be doing with WSS.
First, he raved about Matt Cavenaugh as Tony, so they really want him. Evidenced here: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/120393.html

He also said he wanted all the ethnic roles to be played by people of the proper ethnicity and people who can speak spanish fluently and with perfect accent.
He told us that Sondheim is collaborating with Lin Manuel Miranda to rewrite lyrics of certain songs into Spanish so that when the Sharks would be singing, it would mostly be spanish, except for Anita, who loves english, so her part will be in english.
Thats about all I remember. I also remember hearing (not from him) that Lea Michele will definitely not be asked to take the role of Maria.

re: Kennedy Center Auditions
 Jul 30 2008, 09:54:21 AM
*bump*
re: Michael Arden singing 'River'
 Jul 30 2008, 08:36:08 AM
I think there is a version on youtube of him.
Kennedy Center Auditions
 Jul 30 2008, 08:29:28 AM
Does anyone know how auditions at the kennedy center get called back? I had a really great audition yesterday for the Broadway:Three Generations. They seemed very responsive and they had me do a lot more than 32 bars and asked about my dance training. I auditioned at about 10:45 and they held auditions until 6. Then I never got called back last night. The callbacks are this afternoon at 2:30. Is there a possibility that they could be calling people this morning? If anyone has any insight or info
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You