News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovepigeon

lovepigeon Profile Photo
Member Name: lovepigeon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked Movie Question
 Jul 17 2009, 09:39:00 AM
The mum from Sister Sister would be a wonderful Elphaba. Only because I can imagine how wonderful No Good Deed and the end of Defying Gravity would be.
re: What Broadway song describes a situation in your life/your life in gene
 Jul 1 2009, 10:50:57 AM
I Wish I Could Go Back to College from Avenue Q, for sure.

re: Kutcher to Star in LaBute's FAT PIG?
 Jun 17 2009, 10:25:17 AM
This play is appalling, so don't get excited. We had an amazing cast of young, hip comedy actors in London but the play was flat and predictable with absolutely no wit at all. I'm surprised it's getting another go.
re: Miranda Crosses the Pond
 May 28 2009, 09:26:37 AM
I love her. She is a joke, right? I think she's hilarious.
re: Songs With Weirdest Subject Matter
 May 5 2009, 06:45:17 AM
'Wick' from The Secret Garden. Sure, it means something in the story, but it really didn't justify a song. I feel the same about 'This Was a Real Nice Clambake' from Carousel and loads from Hair.
re: Favorite Covers of Songs from Musicals
 Mar 23 2009, 06:54:28 AM
The Mamas and the Papas' My Heart Stood Still from A Connecticut Yankee, and Janis Joplin's Little Girl Blue from Jumbo.
re: holy eff this song is AMAZING!
 Nov 28 2008, 05:31:59 AM
I have never seen the show, but I saw a group of actors sing 'A New World' at a midnight cabaret a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it. I searched for days to find an mp3 and it's been a listening pleasure staple ever since. I've never heard any other songs from the show, I don't know what it's about and I don't care. Surely the rest of it can't live up to that opening.
re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Nov 10 2008, 10:05:33 AM
Ordinary- I am completely on your side.

People can explain this away however they want... regardless of background, culture, upbringing or whatever, speaking, heckling, screaming or any kind of disruption is irritating, rude and unnecessary. I think it's patronising to talk about charismatic Christian roots to try and defend this kind of behaviour; I believe these people know when they're at church and when they're in a theatre and should know how to behave. I don't see anyone trying t

re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
 Nov 10 2008, 06:08:05 AM
Laughed:
The Drowsy Chaperone. The first time I saw it, the line, 'Who are you? Who am I? And why is this cake on fire?' had me laughing so hard and for so long I gave myself tinnitus and essentially missed about twenty minutes of the show. The whole 'Show Off' sequence made me piss my trews too.

Cried:
Billy Elliot. Those bloody letters... my heartstrings have never been yanked with such brutality. It wasn't even misty-eyed sniffles either; I was like one of those bereaved mi

re: Non-Realistic Plays (Not Musicals)
 Nov 6 2008, 08:32:33 AM
Pirandello. Six Characters and The Man With the Flower in his Mouth are awesome.

Botho Strauss' Seven Doors is excellent too... the woman with the house in her house is just too bizarre.

re: Jimmy Nederlander to Producer 'Thriller' the musical based on Michael
 Nov 5 2008, 09:56:11 AM
It looks like the cheapest, nastiest thing anyone is likely to see. The imagery is real end-of-the-pier stuff and the cast ain't too hot either. I'm not a snob (much), but you should see the audience members leaving reviews on Facebook. I'm not going to say they're the dregs of society or anything but, well, they are.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You