News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shunterk2

Shunterk2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Shunterk2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 08:47:09 PM
Is there ANY chance that RED will extend? I really would love to get to see it!
 Jun 13 2010, 08:25:58 PM
I agree with you completely TF4! How did this even get a nomination?
 Jun 13 2010, 07:56:02 PM
You're right! I could have sworn Christine Jones did Avenue Q and In the Heights. I guess I am just retarded. Still, I am thrilled for Mrs. Jones!
 Jun 13 2010, 07:40:23 PM
I am SO happy for Christine Jones. She has had a design on Broadway almost every year for the past seasons; In the Heights, Avenue Q, Spring Awakening and American Idiot! I am so glad her design talents were finally recognized!
TDF TIckets in early August?
 Apr 13 2010, 09:57:13 PM
Yea, my friend and I decided to wait until Spring Break next year. That way we can save up for better seats. So thanks for the advice and everything.
TDF TIckets in early August?
 Apr 13 2010, 08:13:47 PM
So, a friend of mine and myself are planning to visit NYC this summer, in early August, and we are planning on joining TDF so that we can get discounted tickets. We are both students. I was wondering what the chances are of being able to get the following shows off of TDF before we go?

Promises, Promises
Enron
Next Fall
A LIttle Night Music
American Idiot
Mary Poppins
The Addam's Family
La Cage Aux Folles
Next to Normal.

These are all shows that

Jersey Boys Tour
 Jul 7 2009, 08:38:03 PM
I have the chance to see the Jersey Boys Tour.

Is it any good, I saw their performance on the Tonys and it looked alright.

Will I leave the theater happy, or will it just be a concert of Four Seasons Songs?

I feel like I should it, but I don't want to waste my money.

Playbills up for grabs
 Jun 24 2009, 12:04:11 PM
I have

South Pacific x 2
Wicked
Spamalot (Partially Signed)
Mary Poppins (Partially Signed)
All My Sons (Fully Signed)
Legally Blonde
A Chorus Line
Sweet Charity (B&W)
Phantom
Into the Woods (Revival)(B&W)
Taboo

I'm up for trade, plus I have a lot more that I am willing to trade for something really good. PM me.

re: Shrek, Billy Elliot or 39 Steps
 Jun 24 2009, 01:17:56 AM
I'm already seeing:

Hair, Next to Normal and In the Heights.

I think I'll go with Billy Elliot, but a musical with a weak score is just crazy sounding to me.

re: Playbills
 Jun 23 2009, 11:59:19 PM
For the return envelope 2 Stamps always gets me one back safely.
Shrek, Billy Elliot or 39 Steps
 Jun 22 2009, 07:36:54 PM
I'm going to NY in November and I like to buy my tickets in advance to be sure.

Should I see Shrek, Billy Elliot or the 39 Steps.

Here are my initial thoughts on each show:

Shrek: I like a lot of the numbers in the show, and others I am completely turned off by. I hated their Tony Performance, but like I said, I like a lot of the other numbers. I find the set and aesthetics to be okay, and the acting is phenomenal, but it is Shrek. Is it worth it?

Billy Elliot

Hair Windowcards
 Jun 2 2009, 11:04:28 AM
I'm dying to get one because I love the artwork.

I haven't found them online yet though. Are they selling them at the theater yet? I would love to get one.

Thanks!

re: The Most Effective Blackout in a Production
 Apr 11 2009, 09:44:26 PM
When I saw Spring Awakening for the first time I was so intensly focused on Moritz that when he drew out the gun to kill himself for the final time, I was scared to hear that gunshot. When the lights dimmed I was frightened and waiting to hear a gunshot, but it never came. And when the lights faded back on to show Melchior and Moritz's father, I was very emotional. I thought it was a very good effect. Definitely one of the best uses of it I've ever seen.

As far as best timed and lookin

SCENIC Design for Spamalot
 Mar 14 2009, 11:33:51 PM
Yes, I did try Google. All of the pictures I found were not that good. Thanks for your help. Sorry for my Typo.
Scenid Design for Spamalot
 Mar 14 2009, 08:08:22 PM
Does anyone have and pictures of the set design for Spamalot. If you do, could you please post them. Thank you.
Requested Playbills
 Mar 10 2009, 11:46:35 AM
So, I just started collecting Playbills and I don't have the money to purchase them from Ebay or anybody so I was wondering I anyone would like to send me one. I would mail you a SASE and all you would have to do is mail it back with a playbill inside. I prefer color playbills but if I have to I can accept color. Here is my list of wanted playbills. I can trade some, just PM me if you could send me some. Thank you to everyone who can help

Xanadu
RENT
Hairspray
[Title of Show

re: Playbills
 Jan 27 2009, 12:18:52 AM
I would be interested in the Hairspray and Xanadu. PLease PM me. How much are you asking for each?
From Page to Stage
 Dec 9 2008, 11:34:52 PM
Out of curiosity, once a new musical has been written. How does a writer get a producer. Do they just send the script to them. I'm very confused. And then does the producer do all the work as far as funding is concerned. Just please describe the steps from a page to a final show.
re: Did anyone else's heart stop for a second when they saw THE LION KING l
 Dec 9 2008, 06:51:25 PM
OMG. The Lion King is one of those standby's that I could just one of those shows you just always expect to be there.
re: Differences between LION KING tour and Bway?
 Oct 29 2008, 10:05:13 AM
There are a lot of things that the broadway production can do scenically that the touring can't. This includes the "pride rock" that doubles as a hill in the elephant graveyard. I would suggest just waiting to see the Lion King on Broadway unless the offer was for extremely cheap tickets. There are some differences in the set and the book is always altered, in an ad libbing sense. Other than that it's still an amazing production. Have Fun!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You