News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rwlevin

rwlevin Profile Photo
Member Name: rwlevin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JERRY SPRINGER TONIGHT CANCELLED  Feb 10 2018, 07:55:09 PM
We were told an actor got sick.
Riedel on Hangman transferring to the Cort  Feb 10 2018, 02:29:39 PM

McDonagh has never won a Tony. He's the Susan Lucci of the Tonys. Not even The Pillowman won. It lost to Doubt but I still think The Pillowman was far superior. I hope it transfers if only because I rarely get to see shows before they go uptown.

Carousel or Once on This Island?  Feb 10 2018, 02:26:27 PM

Let's see. Both shows made me cry. I mean, any version of Carousel I watch makes me cry, be it the movie or the revival I saw in high school with Audra McDonald. Once on this Island was staged at my high school and that made me cry too. I guess it depends what you're more interested in. If you like old fashioned, Rogers and Hammerstein musicals, see Carousel but if you like calypso and The Little Mermaid, see OOTI. I say...see both, but bring lots of kleenex.

Best experience you've had at a show?  Feb 7 2018, 12:37:36 PM
The Pillowman definitely. My friend and I were second in line for student rush and we ended up sitting in middle orchestra just off the aisle. I look up as a nice looking lady sits down next to me and smiles and then her partner shows up. It's Kevin Kline! And then I realize I'm sitting next to Phoebe Cates! And that's when it hits me that our student rush tickets were in actuality house seats that were going unused.

Plus, the show was awesome and cemented my love for Martin McDonagh.

Hangmen (PREVIEWS)  Feb 6 2018, 09:38:23 PM

Are you kidding? Every review I read was a rave. Even Ben Brantley loved it.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 06:04:28 PM

Also, if you don't want to wait in hold there's any option where they'll call you back when you're at the front of the line

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 06:00:14 PM

Notreallysilent 2 said: "That was one of the most frustrating things ever. I got a code for 12 and none of the dates that I tried worked for 2 tickets. Then I decided to just buy one, and I put it in my credit card information wrong since I was in the middle of class, so I wasn’t paying as much attention and then it said wrong credit card information. I tried again and it said sorry this code has already been used. Tried to get ahold of Ticketmaster with no luck, and now it’s pribably too late. Very disappointed "

Call ticketmaster. I did and they said that a lot of those errors with credit cards went through and then they gave me a confirmation number and sent me an email. The charge hasn't shown up on my credit card yet but I have the confirmation number and the email has the seats and day I was trying to buy. 

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 03:19:13 PM

mikem said: "rwlevin, I had the same thing happen to me that my credit card got charged but there are no tickets in my account. What number did you call? I tried calling customer service but I couldn't figure out how to actually talk to a human being. The automated systemwanted an order number, which I don't have."

18006538000. Just ask to talk to an agent. Don't even mention tickets. My credit card still doesn't have anything listed but stuff I charg

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 02:04:00 PM

WithoutATrace said: ""HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster account, and of co

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 12:59:14 PM

Phantom of the board said: "HELP!!

I made it to the payment screen used my card on file (I updated all info last night). When I clicked purchase it just said there is a problem. I kept clicking, entered a different card manually clicked a few time. Then last click it went back to main screen to select price point. I assume my session timed out went through process and once selected it says code has been used. No email confirmation, nothing on ticketmaster accou

SHE LOVES ME closes this afternoon - remembering its three Broadway bows through pictures  Jul 10 2016, 10:30:49 PM

I saw the 1993 production during holiday break on the night I was supposed to see the Red Shoes. I was only 12 years old and fell in love with it. It didn't that the cast had the singing voice of Aladdin and the voice of Jafar, not to mention Pete, the friendly Greek diner owner in The Muppets Take Manhattan. The following week, when talking about what people did during the holiday, I said I saw "She Loves Me" and people started teasing me saying "you make it too

“I’m about family entertainment. I’m not about having sex on stage.”  May 25 2016, 07:45:40 PM

icecreambenjamin said: "rwlevin said: "After Eight said: ""Oscar Hammerstein was spinning the world forward."

He had decorum. Class, too. He wrote about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, not about having maggots in one's scrotum or being totally ****ed.

He also wrote about having to be taught to hate and fear. Of being afraid of people whose eyes are oddly made and skin that's a different shade. That's

“I’m about family entertainment. I’m not about having sex on stage.”  May 25 2016, 07:12:39 AM

After Eight said: ""Oscar Hammerstein was spinning the world forward."

He had decorum. Class, too. He wrote about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, not about having maggots in one's scrotum or being totally ****ed.

He also wrote about having to be taught to hate and fear. Of being afraid of people whose eyes are oddly made and skin that's a different shade. That's pretty darn progressive.

BroadwayCon 2017 ...at The Javitz Center...  Apr 8 2016, 07:49:02 PM

Yeah, you had to choose the day last year. That's why everyone who couldn't go on Saturday was able to go on Sunday this year-because of the snow. It's the same at the other cons. I know that the new york comicon is always sold out on Friday and Saturday, sometimes Sunday but not so much Thursday. Usually the busiest/best day to go is Saturday.

School of Rock Ongoing Thread...  Feb 15 2016, 04:51:22 PM

He was out when I saw it too in the beginning of January, also a Saturday night. I was so upset. And the show makes no announcement and the official Twitter even says they make no announcement until the time of the show. I want to see the show with him in it but now I want a guarantee that I can get a refund if he's not in it that night.

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 29 2016, 06:51:09 PM

Kad said: "I honestly don't know any locals who attended this event in a context not related to their jobs. Why would New York theatre fans, who have access to not just the shows but also many unique events year-round, shell out that kind of money to attend a more hectic, condensed, and commodified version of what they already have access to? "

I'm a local who attended this event. I live 40 blocks away and was looking forward to this all year long

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 25 2016, 11:15:55 PM

The internet password was easy to guess (it was hilton). I randomly typed it in and got access and gave the password to anyone who asked.

For the marketplace being geared towards kids-there were two booths for theatre camps and several for acting/dancing/singing classes. Also, I had never even heard of those cards before but kids were obsessed with them and were trading with each other in the marketplace so much that several of the volunteers had to ask them to move and one vendor was s

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 24 2016, 05:01:01 PM

Pootie2 said: "I also would have participated in the "adult" panels instead of many of the other entertainment bits, and like Marianne2 says, a lot was cooked up just because of the storm and cancellations. The energetic "Broadway entertainment" events took over social media for buzz because, let's face it, the producing 101 panel isn't interesting for a lot of people, I imagine."

Except producing 101 was so popular

Official! Lauren Ambrose to Star in FUNNY GIRL!  Aug 3 2011, 04:30:36 PM
I'm tired of fighting. If you think I'm a racist, that's fine. I refuse to fight. And you can make up excuses and reasons for different actors playing different types of roles but when the point of the role is her heritage, you know what? I'm going to stop right there.

BTW-Apparently I now have to say that Fanny Brice is the most iconic FEMALE Jewish role. Gee, that's nice.

Official! Lauren Ambrose to Star in FUNNY GIRL!  Aug 3 2011, 03:38:44 PM
Due to people thinking I'm full of it, I deleted this post.

For the record, I said the MAIN cast, not the whole cast of Fiddler, IE Randy Graff, Alfred Molina, Laura Michelle Kelly, Sally Murphy, Tricia Paoluccio, Nick Danielson, Robert Petkoff and David Ayers. If I'm wrong and one of them is a member of the tribe, then I apologize.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You