News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blueq123

Member Name: blueq123
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So is PROMISES closing Dec. 26?  Sep 8 2010, 04:35:58 PM
The producers are actively looking for and in early talks with some celebrities to replace Kristin Chenoweth. There has also been talk that Sean Hayes may extend. (Notice that the press release stated their final performance together would be December 26.)

As always, things could fall through and the producers may opt to close on December 26 after all.

Diana DeGarmo in Rock of Ages?  Feb 4 2010, 02:00:09 AM
The role of Sherrie does not need someone with a "name."
new understudy elphaba in Wicked?  Feb 3 2010, 10:52:37 PM
Stephanie Torns is being moved from the 1st national tour to the Broadway production.
re: Erin Mackey Continues Glinda run, yet AGAIN! Meredith Kaye Clark set to  Dec 21 2009, 03:33:57 PM
I don't even understand why this is a discussion. The casting of a show isn't about you, the fans (unless it's stunt casting). They "recycle" actors because it's far easier to do that than to hire brand new actors and start from scratch. As long as there are people who know the roles and are willing to continue in them, it's wiser and, frankly, makes more sense to use them. It's a business. As long as the creatives feel that the actors are doing their jobs well, they're not going to go thro
re: Mamma Mia Tour Review (12.13.09 2PM)  Dec 14 2009, 08:13:42 AM
BenjaminNicholas2, it HAS changed. Go see the Broadway production or the tour; Bill Austin is now American. This change occurred within the last few months.
re: Mamma Mia Tour Review (12.13.09 2PM)  Dec 13 2009, 09:51:34 PM
Actually, for all North American productions of MAMMA MIA!, they have changed the role of Bill Austin from Australian to American. They have changed a few of his lines in the script to reflect this.
re: A few thoughts on BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS  Nov 1 2009, 04:38:11 AM
According to the gross reports, the show peaked at 60.9% capacity this past week, but the average ticket price never even reached $30. Basically, the majority of audience members were comped.
Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread  Nov 1 2009, 04:32:59 AM
I am not entirely sure, but I believe I was told that today (Sunday, November 1) is Emily's first official day as part of the cast. Because it is a Sunday, she will be on as Sherrie.

If it isn't today, it is next Sunday.

Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread  Oct 28 2009, 01:40:48 AM
Yes. Emily Padgett will be the new Waitress #1/Sherrie alternate. There has not been an announcement.
re: Photo Coverage: 'More To Ruv', AVENUE Q Opens Off-Broadway at New World Stages!  Oct 22 2009, 06:13:13 PM
Does Jeff Marx look... different to anyone else?
re: 9 to 5 Short Review- 9/4/09  Sep 5 2009, 03:39:57 AM
Wicked is a steady (and decently-sized) paycheck. I'm sure Megan would prefer to return to the bubble (which allows her the time to audition for other projects, make some more television appearances, do workshops/readings of new material, etc.) rather than sit at home on the couch with no money coming in. If she had that much of a problem with going back to Wicked, I'm sure she wouldn't; she's probably made enough money from them alone that she could take some time off, if she re
re: Marissa Perry and Constantine Rousouli to star in Hairspray again!  Aug 19 2009, 01:05:51 PM
Yes, Rousouli has. Perry has also been involved with Hairspray in some capacity since her teens as well. She attended the "Tracy Camp" in Toronto as a teenager, then performed the role at Weston Playhouse in Vermont before landing the standby job on Broadway and, subsequently, taking over from Shannon Durig.
re: 9 to 5 - Free Programmes  Aug 19 2009, 01:00:08 PM
There is not a souvenir stand before the ticket ushers, but I believe if you just explain that you only want to purchase merchandise, they may let you through. I have seen that happen before.

re: Marissa Perry and Constantine Rousouli to star in Hairspray again!  Aug 19 2009, 01:51:25 AM
Marissa Perry and Constantine Rousouli have both expressed their excitement for this production and to be able to work with one another again. These two may have played their respective roles for considerable lengths of time (Rousouli even more so than Perry), but neither of them are "over" their roles or the show.
re: HAIR... who does the wigs?  Jul 12 2009, 10:52:49 PM
Not true, claudioislove. Jay Armstrong Johnson and Paris Remillard, the understudies for Claude, both have long hair, so when they go on for Claude, they wear short-hair wigs.

Also, when Gavin talked about having his wig made especially for him, that is true with almost all wigs on Broadway; the actors must go in for a fitting and the wigs are made just for them so that even the hairline of the wig matches their natural hairline.

re: Des McAnuff: It's not non-traditional casting - it's just casting  Jun 7 2009, 03:36:56 AM
To say this is a non-issue is unfair to the legions of actors of color who routinely do not get cast in roles they could otherwise play successfully, were it not for the color of their skin. Yes, there are productions/companies that do not take the actors' races into consideration when casting them, but unfortunately, there are many more productions/companies that do. As long as this exists, it IS still an issue.
re: Zakrin and Bundy will share the role of Elle Woods in Nashville, TN  May 26 2009, 11:23:39 PM
I think it's more to do with her knowing that she shouldn't do eight performances a week of Legally Blonde. She did the same thing when she joined the tour previously.

I think this is smart. She is pursuing her country music career out of Nashville, so this is a smart way to publicize and promote herself.

re: Rob McClure as OG  Apr 5 2009, 05:02:00 PM
When is the Avenue Q tour going non-Equity? And who is producing it?
re: Transposition on Broadway  Mar 9 2009, 04:00:21 AM
Songs aren't always transposed down, either. A friend of mine who works for Avenue Q recently told me that at some point, "My Girlfriend Who Lives in Canada" was raised for one of the actors playing Princeton/Rod. I don't know who the actor is/was or when this happened. Elphie3 is right: it's about tailoring it to the actor.
re: HAIR Cast to Be Unveiled Throughout Week; First Tribe Members Announced  Jan 27 2009, 04:33:36 PM
Not necessarily a full-time Broadway Elphaba.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You