News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ahmy

Member Name: Ahmy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In the Heights on HBO Max?
 Dec 8 2020, 12:21:01 PM

This sucks for people who live outside the US, and don't live close to a theatre. Canada has access to HBO stuff through Crave, but they've already said all the movies won't be streamable up here. 

Disney is the worst, but at least their streaming service is fully available in more than one country.

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show 
 Sep 3 2020, 11:04:49 AM
"Safe House"- Brooklyn Nine Nine
"Lights Out"- Brooklyn Nine Nine
"Basic Lupine Urology" - Community
"Best Before" - Kim's Convenience

Bad Lyrics
 Jul 12 2020, 08:24:37 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "The really bad clunker in Mean Girls is in “Whose House is This?” when they try to rhyme marijuana with corner. Twice."

What about them rhyming "power" and "Chihuahua"?

(I also find the "Regina George eats steak" line odd.)

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X
 Jun 19 2020, 10:06:11 AM

Paigiemo21 said: "The “Asian” he is referring to is actually FilipinoandMexican American,currently advocating daily and marching for what is right."

He might be talking about TV Carpio, who technically 'replaced' Nabiyah.

Unpopular theatre opinions
 Jun 13 2020, 12:28:42 PM
I don't really like Sutton Foster's voice.

I also don't understand the hype for Six. I feel like it's one of those shows a person has to see live to appreciate, because the cast album kind of lacks energy.

Roles they DIDN'T get....
 May 14 2020, 12:51:26 AM

Danny Pudi was in one of the workshops for Beetlejuice, and I'm kind of disappointed his involvement didn't go any further. (And that there seems to be minimal photo evidence and no audio/video evidence.)

Tickets Refunds
 Apr 9 2020, 09:55:19 PM

BwayinVan said: "Ahmy said: "Has anyone got an email from Roundabout regarding refunds/exchanges yet? All I've seen from them so far is an email with the option to donate the ticket/make a donation to them that was sent March 25th."

I called them directly last week and did it over the phone. Was told it could take up to three weeks for the refund to go through
"

Ah, looks like I'll wait until after three weeks to email them. I'

Tickets Refunds
 Apr 9 2020, 09:21:50 PM

Has anyone got an email from Roundabout regarding refunds/exchanges yet? All I've seen from them so far is an email with the option to donate the ticket/make a donation to them that was sent March 25th.

Archival videos in TOFT
 Feb 7 2020, 09:01:55 PM

I'd love to see footage from the 2017 workshop of Beetlejuice that had Danny Pudi as Adam Maitland.

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Jan 11 2020, 12:14:51 PM

inception said: "I can't find the BwayinCanada Instagram story mentioned above, but I can't see Hadestown coming to Vancouver that early - usually everything plays Seattle first and at least a year before coming to Van. But a non-equity Groundhog Day - that is exactly the sort of crap they would foist off on us."

You mean like 3/4 (not counting Wicked 'cause it's an add-on show) of the shows that came here for the 19/20 season?
I don't think

Original cast of THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL to film show for Nickelodeon?
 Dec 19 2019, 07:57:55 AM

darreyl102 said: "I know it's available on Amazon prime, but I wonder if this will ever be able to be purchased physically- DVD, Blu-ray etc. Sponge Bob has a huge fan base and I could imagine it selling pretty well"

Or on something that isn't Amazon Prime, since there's no option to purchase it in Canada. The only option is to do a month long free trial of Stack TV, which is $12.99 a month after the trial ends.

Shows you thought you would hate but ended up loving...
 Oct 31 2019, 11:09:44 PM

Beautiful. I only went because I ended up winning the ticket lottery when the tour stopped in Vancouver. I had no idea what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised. And might drag my mom to see it when (I think it's the 2nd national tour, although it's not on their website.) it goes to Victoria.
Be More Chill is another show that I went in preparing to strongly dislike. (I found a $20 ticket on stubhub, and figured I should at least give it a chance). I don't love it, but I d

Dream Jukebox Musical
 Oct 5 2019, 08:14:12 PM
I'd love to see one about Celine Dion..
Does Beetlejuice have a standby line?
 Sep 29 2019, 12:05:06 PM

I'm pretty sure they still have a rush line even though it's not on their website. Even so, it doesn't seem to sell out ever so it would probably be possible to just go up to the box office and get tickets.

Mean girls understudies?
 Sep 16 2019, 03:37:06 PM

_(•_&bull_/ said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "Barrett’s been gone for a month and they STILL won’t Riza. Been hearing rumors she does t cover it anymore "

According to Playbill, Riza has stopped covering the role since October of 2018.

http://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=0000015e-5c89-dcd5-a37f-5debe2b60000&type=op#oc
"

That's not accurate; she's listed in a Playbill from July as covering Janis.

(What's really strange is she's allegedly not had a put in yet..)

Eva Noblezada in HADESTOWN
 Aug 24 2019, 11:18:39 PM

Bwayfan12092 said: "n2nbaby said: "You won’t find out before hand.

She has been having vocal issues, I believe. When I saw her at the beginning of July, a lot of her notes were lowered and she sounded very, very tired. If you have her understudy, I’m sure you’ll be in great hands. It would be more upsetting if Amber or Patrick or Andre we’re out.
"

Oh, I understand that. I have no problem with understudies... just a fan

SIX (finally) headed to Broadway?
 Aug 1 2019, 12:12:29 PM
The Minnesota run starts 5 days after Edmonton finishes; I wonder if they'll keep the same cast for both cities.

Hadestown Understudies
 Jul 23 2019, 10:37:52 PM

Hot Pants said: "I recall Timothy Hughes saying that he sings Hades up an octave. Or at least the lowest notes are up an octave, I’m not quite sure, but I know it’s one or the other. The fact that Page’s understudies can’t perform Hades’ music as written (which is absolutely no knock against them, as Hades is not written in a key that seems humanly possible) leads me to believe that it’s gonna be very difficult to recast the role. My guess is whoev

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/19
 Jul 22 2019, 06:48:26 PM
The Marquis has more seats than the Winter Garden, so it's usually inevitable Tootsie makes more money. (It's only 100 or so more, I think. Still a decent amount.)

Jun 8 2019, 07:42:38 AM
Has anyone noticed if they've said why the most recent batch of songs is only available in the US?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You