News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StickIt

StickIt Profile Photo
Member Name: StickIt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carole King's Weekly Royalty  Dec 1 2014, 11:53:23 PM
It's worth mentioning that the show includes a few songs in the 1650 Broadway Medley and that Neil Sedaka sings very briefly that were not written by Goffin, King, Mann, or Weil so I imagine those authors had to be compensated in some way.
Jessie Mueller  Oct 26 2014, 01:37:23 AM
I'm sure there'll be a press release soon, I don't wanna spill somebody else's beans. Jeffrey, you can go listen to Jessie's recent radio interviews in Chicago to hear her confirm she won't be touring, and look up relevant tweets from Cynthia Weil, the show's PR people, and others about how the Jessie will not be touring with the show.

I'm sure everyone wishes she would, she's giving an amazing performance. But she'll have been with the show for over a year in March, I think we should

Jessie Mueller  Oct 25 2014, 10:12:31 PM
By "a source" denied the rumor, do you mean the show, Cynthia Weil, and Jessie Mueller herself? Anyone who still thinks she's hitting the road is delusional. She already has a project lined up for next season.

Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 04:55:40 PM
I'd be very careful repeating rumors of dubious origin if I were you. I hear that can get you into some trouble. It says a lot about you that you have to resort to absurd personal attacks instead of staying on topic.
Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 04:22:50 PM
Sorry? I had never heard of these people before and looked at some of their videos after seeing this and found it a a little weird. If you disagree, cool. If they have changed position on the issue, cool. But last I checked, this was a board for discussion, not perpetual agreement and circle-jerking.
Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 04:18:31 PM
If they're saying that bringing strange things to the stagedoor is against a "rule" of etiquette, how is it not hypocritical to have done just that and broadcast it for attention on YouTube?
Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 04:09:49 PM
I'm actually having a great existence this week, but nothing is quite so irritating as hypocrisy. If a discussion wasn't what the girls desired, then they shouldn't promote their YouTube videos on the board, obviously.
Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 03:37:01 PM
If actors are more than capable of setting their own ground rules and there's no discussion to be had, then why do we need anybody making stagedoor etiquette videos at all?

And I really can't tell if you're being purposefully obtuse or not. If everyone felt entitled to getting something large, obtrusive, or otherwise inconvenient signed, that would be quite a traffic flow issue, wouldn't it? And if the stage door had been more crowded, I would imagine the crowd wouldn't love being sa

Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 02:19:23 PM
I think it definitely qualifies as weird sh*t. Whether or not Patti or Laura were receptive isn't really the point, there's no way to know who will and won't find certain things funny and who will be annoyed. Nobody's psychic, there's no way to know what someone would be irritated by, you can only guess. They could have easily guessed wrong on this and my point was that if everyone starts doing things like this, it could well become quite a nuisance for actors and for the theatre employees taske
Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette  Sep 19 2014, 02:05:00 PM
One of your tips was about not bringing weird sh*t for people to sign and I had to wonder why you so shamelessly broke your own rule and documented it in a public video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsy6KbVMEHQ

Just sayin'. If you're gonna make rules for others, you should probably follow them too.

'Beautiful' Officially Announces West End Plans and US National Tour!  Sep 18 2014, 09:37:18 PM
Didn't Vanessa Ray do a workshop of the show? It'd be interesting to see her take on it.
'Beautiful' Officially Announces West End Plans and US National Tour!  Sep 18 2014, 09:06:45 PM
For now? I doubt they'd make a press release if this was something that was gonna change. She already had projects in the works for the next year or so that would absolutely interfere with a commitment to tour.
Next Hedwig?  Sep 12 2014, 02:58:09 PM
What about Jinkx Monsoon?
Jackie Burns - IF/THEN  Sep 7 2014, 06:15:06 PM
The amount of obsessive discussion about an actress having an emotional moment during a show and speculation as to why is really, really disturbing. Isn't there anything else you could be thinking about? Maybe she was just feeling the song, maybe it was something else. Not really anybody's business but Idina's though.

Put me in the group of those waiting in vain for Jenn Collela to get a stab at the role.

'Beautiful' Officially Announces West End Plans and US National Tour!  Sep 7 2014, 01:19:30 PM
She's making quite a pretty penny on Broadway, as well as having perks like a car to take her home every night. It's not really like she's lacking for anything. This is all disregarding the fact that life on tour is incredibly grueling and it really isn't for everyone. Some people love it, but it isn't an easy job. And even if it was more money in the immediate future, can you really measure how much income would be lost because of the job opportunities a tour would preclude someone from pursuin
'Beautiful' Officially Announces West End Plans and US National Tour!  Sep 7 2014, 01:16:46 AM
I can't imagine she'll do the West End production. For one thing, among many others, she has concert dates scheduled in New Jersey during the very first month of the run. I can't imagine she's going to fly back to the US for two days and then back to London and hop back into the show before the show even opens. I've also heard she has other theatrical commitments here early next year so I'd be very surprised if she did the West End. 'Course, nothing is totally off the table until the show confir
Haven Burton Kinky Boots  Aug 17 2014, 09:53:26 PM
See, I disagree. Haven really hit a lot of wrong notes for me. She seemed to be overdoing the comedy quite a bit and her odd affectation at the end of "History of Wrong Guys" that seemed more like it was mocking the character than being genuine. It just felt like she never really had an authentic moment as Lauren, just like she wanted laughs. She's not really warm or charming. I really like Jeanna De Waal though, she was fantastic, I thought she was better than Haven and Annaleigh.
First Trip to NYC  Aug 9 2014, 05:30:37 PM
Jessie has two scheduled weeks off in the next few months, August 26th-31st and October 28th - November 2nd, so I doubt she'd be planning to be off on a random Sunday night in the middle of Oct.
Rude Usher at Belasco Theatre  Aug 2 2014, 08:42:56 PM
I just wanted to add also that if you're buying merch after a show, is it that hard to know what you want and be ready to pay? Half the reason these lines take so long is people wait in line, get to the booth, and spend 5 minutes debating between different shirts or souvenirs which they could have easily done while they were waiting. They do have to close the theatre and there's definite pressure on the merch staff to get people out as quickly as possible. After a show, everyone wants to go home
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/27/14  Jul 29 2014, 06:21:54 PM
Bailed? Ryan McCartan was always scheduled to be in it for a short time due to his commitment to his TV show. Yes, Alice Lee left for the singing competition but the girl playing Heather Duke right now, Kristolyn Lloyd, actually originated the part in Los Angeles. So is Barrett who you're referring to as the lead who "bailed"? Because it was a lot more complicated than that and had nothing to do with the transfer. Beyond the three of them, I'm not even sure who you're referring to as the fourth
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You