News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for butterflyblob

butterflyblob Profile Photo
Member Name: butterflyblob
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gabe drops the trash can at N2N Sunday 6/21
 Jun 23 2009, 11:51:22 AM
I was there! It was great. The audience laughed and cheered for Alice's cover.
re: Next to normal First Preview
 Mar 27 2009, 04:59:34 PM
I'll be there! I haven't been this excited for a show in months.
re: Reasons to be Pretty Performances Canceled?
 Mar 16 2009, 12:13:40 PM
Interesting. I have to say, canceling a Saturday matinee makes me a little skeptical. I'm thinking I'll hold off on buying a new ticket until after it opens.

How are ticket sales? It's been on TDF for several weeks and most performances don't seem to be selling out.

Reasons to be Pretty Performances Canceled?
 Mar 16 2009, 12:08:27 PM
I just got an email from Telecharge informing me that the Saturday matinee of Reasons to be Pretty (3/21), a performance I had tickets to, was canceled. So was their Wednesday matinee for this week--3/18.

This strikes me as a little strange. The two performances were so far apart, and who cancels a Saturday matinee? Anyone know what the deal is?

re: MCC Benefit... Alice, Raul, etc.
 Mar 10 2009, 12:18:10 PM
I am sorry I missed this! I bet "What is This Feeling?" was hilarious.
re: Butz and Tveit officially join CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
 Mar 10 2009, 12:16:32 PM
I wasn't enthralled with the demo of this show, but the presence of these two amazingly talented actors makes me really excited for it.

On the Featured Actor debate--Sieber was the best part of Shrek, IMO, but I can't imagine N2N without Tveit. Still, Tveit's young and has a great career ahead of him. I'd be happy to see either of them win.

And I'm so sorry that I decided to skip Miscast!

re: Exit the King First Preview...
 Mar 9 2009, 04:47:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted a review! I just snagged a TDF ticket for tomorrow night. I love Ionesco's "The Lesson" and this has such a great cast.
re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
 Feb 26 2009, 01:51:09 PM
When I was 11 or 12, I wrote a musical romance about young people trying to make it in L.A. It was full of Mariah Carey songs. The title song from Sunset Boulevard was in there also. Unfortunately I can't find it to share how awful it was with the rest of the world.
re: THE MUSICAL IS BACK- OSCARS PERFORMANCE
 Feb 22 2009, 10:42:40 PM
That was just painful and pointless.
re: THE STORY OF MY LIFE Reviews
 Feb 19 2009, 03:21:21 PM
I'm also wondering about tickets for tonight. I have big plans to lose the Wicked lottery tonight and I'd love to go to the opening night if tickets are still available.
re: AFTER MISS JULIE opens Oct 22 at the AA Theatre
 Feb 17 2009, 02:27:58 PM
The play sounds interesting--I haven't read it, but I'm a fan of the original Strindberg play.

Sienna Miller is indeed a celebrity, but she's more famous for having an affair with Jude Law than she is for her acting.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1092227/

re: Next to Normal Coming to Broadway!!
 Feb 17 2009, 02:25:56 PM
Holding my breath that this comes through! I saw this show at Arena and it's now one of my all-time favorites.
re: Famous Broadway Performers that you missed in a role you wanted to see
 Feb 9 2009, 02:10:17 PM
Patti in Evita
DISTRACTED review
 Feb 9 2009, 12:53:43 PM
I saw it Saturday night, front mezz, $15, and really enjoyed it. It's not a perfect show and could use another week or so of rehearsals--it is in previews, after all. I agree with the OP that it doesn't have a lot of drama, but I still found it entertaining. I really enjoyed Cynthia Nixon, and Peter Benson was hilarious.

My one strong criticism of the show is that the way they do scene changes was very jarring--like the OP said, the kid yells "Scene X!" and that's it. A lot of the time

re: Houdyshell to star in MCC's CORALINE
 Feb 9 2009, 12:39:44 PM
Is this based on the book and not the movie? I haven't read the book but I saw the movie this weekend and, while excellent, I can't see it being easily transferable to the stage. I'm curious--I love the Magnetic Fields and the fact that Stephen Merritt is doing the score gives me some hope. Sounds like it could either be amazing or hilariously awful.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You