News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SingingCats

SingingCats Profile Photo
Member Name: SingingCats
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JRB's Parade back in NY
 Mar 25 2011, 11:36:39 AM
i saw spelling bee there this summer because i had a friend in it. I had also seen the imaginary invalid there awhile before and it was pretty bad. But spelling bee was great, so maybe this will be too. my 2 cents.
re: Serendipity Sundae(s) shelf life?
 Sep 4 2009, 12:51:45 PM
That 'Toxic Love' Sundae... looks grosss!
re: Tony Award Nominee Kerry Bulter Joins Broadway's ROCK OF AGES In The Ro
 Aug 27 2009, 11:13:03 AM
I'm glad she's joining the cast- I just won't go see it on a Sunday.
re: Bette Midler in Hello Dolly Revival?
 Aug 24 2009, 12:14:23 PM
Why is everyone hating on Bette being 65? Isn't Angela Lansbury still winning Tonys at age 83?

I, for one, would LOVE to see her on Broadway. If not right after her Vegas run, then somewhere down the road.

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Aug 21 2009, 11:30:06 AM
I'm part of a meetup group where you can get $42 tickets to Billy Elliot on October 21st. I think it's a pretty great price for a very hard-to-get-into show.

re: Official FRINGENYC Thread!
 Aug 17 2009, 02:40:45 PM
Saw 'The Green Manifesto' at Minetta Lane yesterday. It's a simple little love story, but with really well written music and witty 'NYC-esque' references.
re: 'Catch Me If You Can' Clips
 Aug 6 2009, 01:41:17 PM
I really hope this transfers... the show looks solid and Butz and Tveit certainly help things. Tveit is, afterall the 'hottest male broadway star' according to BroadwaySpace.com, lol.
re: Vote The Musical?!
 Aug 6 2009, 01:36:06 PM
I listed to some of the music from this show and love 'hands of surgeon.' I've had it in my head for days. Great cast members, too!
re: Menier Chocolate Factory's LA CAGE AUX FOLLES To 'Sparkle' On Broadway,
 Aug 6 2009, 01:31:50 PM
Saw this production in London last Spring before it hit the West End and was still playing at the Menier Chocolate Factory itself.

It was a fantastic production, and great to see in such an intimate venue. Can't wait to see it again here!

re: West End theatres now employing bouncers
 Aug 3 2009, 12:47:22 PM
Hmm. I lived in London for 6 months and didn't see any behavior that warranted bouncers... I actually came away from my experiences wishing that more American theaters allowed beverage into their theaters, as well as provided a community sitting lounge or restaurant area before the show.
re: Funny shows you don't find funny?
 Aug 3 2009, 12:41:38 PM
I agree with 39 Steps. I sat there the whole time, thinking I can see why some people are laughing at this... but I don't think it's funny in the slightest. I honestly felt bad that the actors were working so hard and getting so little laughter out of me.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

re: Mask: The Musical
 Jul 29 2009, 10:44:12 AM
Wow...I mean, I guess it could be good. I can't tell how serious of a movie it was though, and I can't really picture Cher as a biker gang mother.
re: CATCH ME IF YOU CAN PREVIEW THOUGHTS
 Jul 29 2009, 10:41:33 AM
I simply cannot wait for this show to make it to NY. If only I could fly out to Seattle to see it.
re: Billy Elliot movie musical?
 Jul 29 2009, 10:38:01 AM
Please, let's wait a bit longer. We don't need the Billy Elliot movie going the way of the Producers movie.
re: Billy Elliot vs. Next to Normal
 Jul 28 2009, 11:17:09 AM
My vote goes to Cats.
re: Patti LuPone keeping in tune.
 Jul 28 2009, 11:14:54 AM
Does Joan work with anyone else other than Madonna and LuPone?
re: Fringe NYC 2009 tickets on sale NOW
 Jul 24 2009, 05:14:19 PM
I'm probably going to see 'The Marriage Play' or 'A Contemporary American's Guide to a Successful Marriage' the 1950's premise sounds interesting and has Alex Brightman and Autumn Hurlbert in the cast.

And I have to admit I'm mildly curious about Abe Lincoln's Big Gay Dance Party, because come on... really now.

Also VOTE has Deidre Goodwin and Bailey Hanks in the cast, which certainly makes it worth seeing- especially for 15 bucks.

re: Roger Bart - yf tour?
 Jul 15 2009, 11:05:38 AM
And so another show is relegated to the touring track.
re: Shows that you don't get
 Jul 14 2009, 11:06:05 AM
Rent
Cats
Mamma Mia

re: From Tonys to Emmys - Neil Patrick Harris To Host 2009 Emmy Awards Tele
 Jul 14 2009, 10:58:49 AM
I'm glad he's finally getting his due. Such a talented actor.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You