News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Whispering

Member Name: Whispering
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicago is $131.50 on Thursdays?!
 May 31 2009, 01:54:45 AM
It seems like Wednesday is the day to go to movies, theaters and restaurants. They seem so empty then. I guess Thursday is busier because some people like long weekends.
re: Easter Bonnet Competition
 Apr 29 2009, 02:30:32 AM
My favorite was the Mary Poppins Tap skit. I am so ready to plop down some money to see the tap version of West Side Story or the Jersey Boys. it was wonderfully choreographed.

There were many wonderful skits, but the tap one was the one that had me curious about going back to see some shows I had seen years ago. If only.

re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 12 2009, 11:26:22 PM
Ok, did my dumpster diving, but I should not have shown up so early - there was nothing there, my friend and I went out to breakfast - they were loading trucks with all the sets from all the shows - everyone said nothing would be thrown out. I saw people leaving the theaters with bags of stuff. Sigh, but none for me.

The only dumpsters I found was in the alley next to Spamalot and some in front of Slavva's snowshow (filled with paper). During lunch break, we snuck into the spamalot one

re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 11 2009, 03:41:43 PM
Ok so If I want to dumster dive, and I am no young thing, but when Imentioned this to a few friends they suggested we do it! - what time do I have to be there? rush hour in the morning or 10 am?3 AM? Are they in an alley or can we find it on the street?

This is crazy and unlike me, but something different. Now I need the address of the shows closing today beside the one I am going to see.

re: Bye Bye Birdie
 Dec 26 2008, 08:17:00 PM
Saw it as a kid, a birthday present.
I thinkthe play concentrated more on the adults. I did lovethe staging ofthe telephone song and the Fez dance. As kid, I thought the movie was lame in comparison.

re: Eartha Kitt has died
 Dec 25 2008, 05:29:32 PM
Best Santa Baby ever.
re: The Moment That Has Caused You To Grin The Most Ridiculously Humongousl
 Dec 23 2008, 10:49:52 PM
Ah, Chita Rivera in Bye Bye Birdie when she dances for the guys in fezes(spelling? Fezi, fezs). I can't even remember the song, but I enjoyed the dance, it was unexpected - I was still a kid though and not that an experienced audience.
Why was mary martin such a big star?
 Dec 20 2008, 09:11:04 PM
OK, I am old and I have lived near Broadway all my life.
I saw Mary Martin in Peter Pan as a small child and in Sound of Music. She had a wonderful voice an voice that could carry you away with it. I don't think she could ever play a villain though, she was just to damn likeable. After I saw her, I dreamed of starring on Broadway, but instead I became an early computer geek, no voice or charisma or talent, sadly.

Mary Martin had it all. I never saw Ethyl Merman live, but I did on l

re: EQUUS jeans?
 Dec 8 2008, 10:01:24 PM
did they do it after every show? I thought they only did it 4 times.
re: 2009 Bway Care Auctions
 Dec 8 2008, 09:59:45 PM
Oops. This is next year.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/30
 Dec 1 2008, 10:30:14 PM
RE: Gypsy. I was walking past the theater Saturday or Sunday and some guy was trying to push me to go into the theater. It was odd and pushy and I was late for another play.

I guess things are getting really bad. Today was officially declared a recession, duh, not news to me. If my visitors had not bought tickets to shows, I probably would not have gone to the theater this weekend.

re: How do actors keep from getting bored doing the same show over and over
 Nov 7 2008, 10:56:50 AM
I understand not being bored because actors are professional and that requires a professional attitude and solution, but sometimes I don't understand how some actors survive their roles. When I saw Speed the Plow, I became a bit concerned in how Raúl Esparza did not have a heart attack popping those veins in his neck every show. Some roles must really take a toll on physical health, while being bored takes a toll on mental health.

re: Any bad stage door behavior?
 Oct 20 2008, 02:14:32 PM
Well, I was at the stage door waiting quietly in back of others, when the actors came out, this guy in his early 20s came up from behind me and shoved and knocked me down, so I was on the ground and he got the autographs, then left walking away saying they were a bunch of jerks. It was all so fast, I was quite shocked and did not act fast enough to grab anything that was with in reach. Such a shame, I could have induced some real pain there. Oh well, next time. I have been shoved before as peopl
re: Britney Spears and Broadway? OH NO!
 Oct 9 2008, 02:09:02 AM
Britney has a large fanbase, but I do not believe she has done anything but lipsync for the last x many years. No one lipsyncs on Broadway, or at least that I know about.
re: Should 'Subways are for Sleeping' be considered for an Encores! Present
 Sep 26 2008, 02:45:40 AM
Wow, I haven't thought about this musical for years. When I was small we didn't have much money and one day my father came home with an album someone gave him. It was the cast album of this play - I think I might have it in the attic. We played this album so often and knew all the songs, but our friends had no idea what we were singing, they were more into radio.

I am up for seeing this finally if someone brings it back!

re: So what did we all buy?
 Sep 21 2008, 11:47:52 PM
Last years snow globe (heavy)
Last years playbill book. could not find this years - where was it?
Playbills from plays I saw as a child and don't know where they went.
Christmas ornaments
Christmas cards
Signed poster
Chances on High school musical tickets (My 8 year old nephew LOVES high school musical)
Bought chances on 6 plays
tote bags to carry stuff -
food (always food)
I bid on some things in the live auctions, but was always out bid.
My back

re: How do u keep your autographed posters from getting bent when flying on
 Sep 10 2008, 12:09:53 AM
Long time lurker, but I just registered to answer this question.
I shipped a dozen signed posters around the country and found the best way to ship them without getting any bent was to fit it in a priority mail shoe box. I know this sounds weird, but it does not require tight curl and the poster pops out just fine and it does not get crushed.

Priority mail boxes are free from the post office or USPS.com and can fold flat for one way, but they are also very strong and kept the pos

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You