News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for undercoveractor

undercoveractor Profile Photo
Member Name: undercoveractor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  Apr 13 2022, 05:52:55 PM

Is 'Miss Argentina'....although that number seems very far removed from anything authentically Argentinian...still double cast with 'Delia'? I've seen some posts on IG and FB that give the impression those roles have been seperated.

BIRTHDAY CANDLES Previews  Apr 13 2022, 05:44:04 PM
BrodyFosse123 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Sweet Baby Jesus, I loved this. To the people sitting near me, I apologize for the loud sobbing. I have a real soft spot for these types of plays/stories and I thought this was done so so well with a leading performance that at least I will remember and talk about for a very long time."

Yup. Even with all the disclaimers about it being predictable, etc… I loved this. The positive word-of-mouth is truly merit

Beloved shows that will never be revived  Apr 25 2021, 03:08:43 PM

Sadly, I think a lot of the classic musicals will now be viewed through the the lens of current times....often for the better, but very often not. One of my favorite shows....LIL ABNER...is probably not coming back to stages any time soon.

Brantley and Green's WILL WIN/SHOULD WIN 2019  May 16 2019, 10:56:24 AM

Brantley thinks that the book of THE CHER SHOW should have been nominated. 

Well.... I’m at a loss. Of the 250+ shows I’ve seen on broadway over the years, this is one of let’s say 5 where I was not only thoroughly disappointed (How is it possible to make Cher, of all people, boring?!?!) but pissed off that I had spent money to see it. Ive seen shows at Six Flags with better scripts, choreography, design, direction. SJB is not a favorite of mine, but I&rsquo

Brantley and Green's WILL WIN/SHOULD WIN 2019  May 16 2019, 10:47:40 AM

After Eight said: "I haven't read what either of these two esteemed sageswrote. Bad for the digestion, blood pressure, and everythingelse that keeps a person healthy and smiling.

But I am filled with dread at the dreadest prospectof them all:wins by boththe screed and its author.

The agenda crowd never misses an opportunity toreward itsdarlings, and this would be a double whammy.

That second sentence should be your byline. It’s perfect!

HIGH BUTTON SHOES  May 9 2019, 01:58:48 PM

HBS has been a show that I’ve wanted to see since I saw Jerome Robbins’ Broadway in high school, so I was thrilled that Encores had it in their season. I’m glad that I went and I still love the score, but this was VERY miscast. A few thoughts.

1. The show can only be as good as the performance by the actor playing Floy...Michael Urie could not carry the show. He used that same Snagglepuss accent that annoyed me in TORCH SONG and he just isn’t a singer. I wanted

2019 Tony Award Nominations and Snubs  Apr 30 2019, 12:52:57 PM

Hillary and Clinton previews  Mar 19 2019, 11:35:33 AM

dphibbs94 said: "Rudin hates merch; thinks it devalues the show. He only does it if it's a musical or other producers insist."

I wish he felt that way about food/drinks in the theater during performance. THAT devalues the entire experience as far as I’m concerned. That is a trend that needs to GO!

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Mar 15 2019, 05:53:01 PM

I have a question about SJB being the front runner for the Tony. She was out when I saw the show, but I have to say that it was the most disappointing evening I’ve had on broadway in a while. I thought the show was just BAD!  It looked cheap, seemed haphazardly cobbled together, and worst of all...boring. How do you make Cher..of all people...boring ?!?! 

So my question. Is SJB the whole show? Perhaps all of the elements only work when she is in it, but even so I ca

Wrong creative team  Aug 4 2016, 06:14:23 PM

An adaptation of the ADDAMS FAMILY film with a Marc Shaiman score would have been sublime! That is among my 5 worst experiences at a Broadway show.

I disagree about SECRET GARDEN...I think it is PERFECT! Among my top 5 Best Broadway experiences. And the idea of a Lippa RAGTIME gives me a shudder up the spine. So glad that Flaherty & Ahrons created that piece.

For me, the score to WOMEN ON THE VERGE is among the best of the past decade, but I think that the team that put it o

Judy Kuhn in the 93 revival of She Loves Me  Jun 1 2016, 09:59:14 AM

That whole production was like this...natural and the performances truly emanated from a lovely reality. Sally Mayes...her A Trip to The Library is attached and equally sublime...was a revelation to me in this and I wish that we got to see more of her. If you will notice, in as much as you can, the staging of that song. She isn't trapped and forced to upstage herself by the blocking. Jane Krakowski is placed in a no win situation by having to be cramped into that tiny set piece. She eithe

Judy Kuhn in the 93 revival of She Loves Me  Jun 1 2016, 12:35:27 AM

Oh thank you thank you thank you for this!!!

It is everything about the current revival that just disappointed me soooo much. I bought that Judy Kuhn wa the same person when she sings as when she speaks and that just isn't the case with laura Benanti (whom I always love otherwise). This revival disappointed me more that any revival in years, because I felt like each principle was in a different show and Laura was in a full blown operetta when she sang and then a Friends-like s

She loves me seating  May 13 2016, 06:41:46 PM

If you are 5'10" or taller, the mezzanine of Studio 54 is dangerous. The area where I sat had so little leg room that 2 ladies who couldn't have been 5'7" had to move at intermission. I'm 6'5" and I literally could not sit down.

She Loves Me vs The Color Purple - Who will take the Tony?  May 13 2016, 06:39:15 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: She Loves Me has always been one of my favorite shows, but this production felt like it was straining to underline the comedy in musical comedy the whole evening. Even the divine Laura Benanti was given permission to ham it up no end. By the end I was so disappointed in what they did to this delicate, gently comic show.

I fully agree with this...I was so disappointed in this revival of, like many of you, a show that

Who deserved it more?  Mar 14 2016, 10:07:50 PM

I FULLY agree with those who have mentioned the following...

FULL MONTY, RAGTIME, LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA, DROWSEY CHAPERONE -  Best Musical

I would also add THE SECRET GARDEN and MATILDA...2 of my favorite experiences in the theatre and 2 of the most perfect productions that I have ever had the fortune to see.

Danny Burstein - Featured Actor Musical - couldn't agree more.

However, the 'loss' that saddens me most was Laura Benanti in WOMEN ON

Did Urinetown Deserve Best Musical?  Dec 1 2015, 07:18:11 PM

I think that it did. I really disliked the first act of TMM, but found Act 2 entertaining....and Sutton Foster genuinely deserved to be the talk of the town. It was a star-making performance and the standing ovation after 'Gimme, Gimme' was earned as opposed to encouraged.

My Best Musical vote would have gone to the more original,far more clever URINETOWN

Character Actor Roles In MT- Male  Dec 1 2015, 07:11:14 PM

Otto Kringelin - GRAND HOTEL

Tony for best score that didn't deserve it  Dec 1 2015, 07:08:39 PM

I'd also like to register my support of HALLELUJAH, BABY! It is wonderful and with FUNNY GIRL and GYPSY, the best of Jule Syne, imo.

TITANIC absolutely deserved that Tony!! ...and I think the score to STEEL PIER is great.

THE WILD PARTY will someday get its' due....AIDA does not hold a candle to it in artistic quality, imo.

KINKY BOOTS has some good songs, but that award was for Cyndi Lauper. MATILDA is one of the most impressive and moving things I have ever se

Once Upon a Mattress  Nov 28 2015, 06:20:50 PM

I'm so sad to hear this...I actually think OUAM is charming and silly fun. But it won't work unless it is packed full of personalities.

In the past decade, it seems that the genuine character actor has become more and more scarce. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that these  musical theatre schools don't really embrace individuality. These incredibly talented kids don't come away from school with a focused skill but instead are encouraged to be 'triple thr

The Humans to play the Hayes - sets dates  Nov 27 2015, 03:52:48 PM

He truly is the Donald Trump of theater. Just gross....but I almost look forward to his posts. Entitled, self-important, ego maniacs are just great entertainment. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You