News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LongIsland Grl

LongIsland Grl Profile Photo
Member Name: LongIsland Grl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT Rumors
 Jun 4 2005, 10:57:12 AM
I was there last night. They had a full house.
re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
 Jun 3 2005, 09:24:53 AM
OMG it's wonderful! I was actually sobbing. I want to see it on the big screen. Did domeone say Star Wars is showing it or not yet?
re: 'LITTLE WOMEN' ON TDF !!!
 Dec 21 2004, 10:23:25 PM
I got my tickets from TKTS South Street Seaport last Friday
re: Opinions on Little Women?
 Dec 21 2004, 01:17:04 AM
I saw the show last Friday and loved it. My prespective is that of a person who has read the novel many many times and I thought the translation of the novel to the musical was done well. The book is quaint and in turn they made the musical quaint. There aren't any grandiose songs like "Defying Gravity" or "One Day More" because songs like that would not suit the story. The songs are well written and the cast sings them well. As for the actress who plays Amy, she does an excellent job because Am
re: Help! Senior Quote!
 Dec 1 2004, 12:39:46 AM
It's kind of long but my favorite line from Rent has always been

"I can't control my destiny, I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be."

actually after writing that it sounds much more choppy on paper then when it's sung.

re: Can one sell their Wicked tix in NY?
 Aug 24 2004, 08:59:52 PM
Or you can sell them on the street and make a fortune. Not really ethical but if your hard up for money, go by the tkts line in times square and watch out for the NYPD.
re: Revivals
 Aug 24 2004, 07:26:06 PM
Miss Saigon and Les Miserables
re: From 'Caroline Or Change' to......
 Aug 24 2004, 07:22:22 PM
What I admire most in theatre is creativity and originality. If I wanted to hear Billy Joel, ABBA, or the Beach boys, I'd put on one of their cd's. that's just my opinion. :)
re: Admit it....you're ashamed you've never seen '____'
 Aug 23 2004, 06:22:17 PM
Jussoc, I just saw a Rocky Horror at this great little theatre in Bethpage, NY. You live near? It was only $18 a ticket.
re: Rocky Horror Show w/ Tom Hewitt
 Aug 22 2004, 10:12:44 PM
I love toucha touch me. It is so wonderfully campy.
re: Admit it....you're ashamed you've never seen '____'
 Aug 22 2004, 02:32:02 PM
I am shocked how many people have not seen Les Mis and Rent. My two favorites.

I haven't seen anything by Sondheim. I have guilt

re: Characters of RENT
 Aug 22 2004, 02:15:11 PM
Rent is not really about AIDS, it's about love.
re: Avenue Q lottery
 Aug 22 2004, 02:12:23 PM
I wish I could go on a weeknight but I have work and school so its either Friday, Saturday or nothing. I'm not counting on it, I was planning on going to the midnight show at the Boston Comedy Club anyway so I figure if I don't win the lottery, I'll just go bar-hopping.
re: Avenue Q lottery
 Aug 22 2004, 01:48:51 PM
Thanks. I think I'm going to try for next Friday night. Wish me luck.
Avenue Q lottery
 Aug 22 2004, 01:09:58 PM
I was going to try to get tickets for Avenue Q through the lottery. Anyone know the details like what time I should get there, how much are the tickets, etc.?
re: Your greatest theater experience....
 Aug 21 2004, 01:25:31 AM
I think mine is a toss up between Les Miserables and Rent. When I saw Les Miz for the 1st time, I cried like my puppy died. It was very cathartic. When Eponine and Fantine came out to meet Valjean at the end, I was literally shaking.

With Rent, I saw the original cast and it was so raw and heartfelt. I loved that it was all about love. Love for your friends, a parents love, homosexual love, heterosexual love. I really believe in the message.

Saw a commercial on PBS
 Aug 20 2004, 07:50:41 PM
for an upcoming series called Broadway:The American Musical

re: I'm planning on moveing to either New York or California
 Aug 20 2004, 12:28:03 AM
"If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere. It's up to you New York, New York!"
re: wicked-best broadway play?
 Aug 20 2004, 12:25:59 AM
But I really like singing it really really loud in my car on the way to work. It makes my morning happy. Could it really be that bad for me if I have no intention of ever singing in public EVER!
re: wicked-best broadway play?
 Aug 20 2004, 12:21:18 AM
So if I continuously belt out defying gravity in my car every day on the way to work what will happen? Will one of my vocal cords break or something? I am dead serious. The only reason I ask is today, it kind of hurt straining to hit those final notes. I guess it doesn't matter because I'm no singer.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You