News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for randomness

Member Name: randomness
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 09:26:07 PM
NECKSSSS.... (oh yeah)... T... Year!!
re: Broadway on Broadway Songs
 Sep 13 2009, 01:51:06 PM
Seasons of a Love was a Crowd Sing-A-Long led by Seth Rudetsky.
re: Official FRINGENYC Thread!
 Aug 16 2009, 10:32:12 PM
Also saw How Now Dow Jones on Saturday 8/15. It was very delightful. Definitely a little dated, but with nice updates. Overall a nice musical theater postcard from the 1960s. Cast was great; Colin Hanlon could sell me stocks anyday. (Am I the only one who feels a little bit awkward about elaborate dance sequences in very small theaters though?) Jeff Bowen (!) was a few rows ahead.

Have tickets to Far Out next Saturday and am definitely interested in more people's feedback from o

re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Sep 21 2008, 01:02:25 PM
That's a shame, Weez. I guess you don't bring chloroform-soaked blowdarts as a back-up, like I do...
 Sep 21 2008, 12:50:43 PM
Weez-

Maybe it's in your delivery?? I try to say things without any tone at all. No sarcasm, no disdain, just a simple request, like I'm asking them to pass the salt. Has it been 100% successful? No. But I'd say I'm in the high 80s. :)

re: 9 to 5 Opening Night!
 Sep 21 2008, 12:44:23 PM
Here's an interesting read from a local television station on how Dolly "saved" opening night:

http://blogs.ktla.com/ktlamorningnews/2008/09/dolly-parton-sa.html#comments

Interestingly enough, the Drudgereport linked to it, so it's getting a lot of press.

Sep 21 2008, 11:57:31 AM
Granted: sometimes the offender is not close by.

But people are generally pretty receptive when you just ask them to stop. I've had the opporunity to say to people recently, "could you stop interrupting the show with your screaming" or "could you not text message during the show as the light from your screen is distracting".. and tails between their legs, they did stop.

re: The Best thing to happen to Broadway in the past five years is...
 Sep 19 2008, 11:33:57 AM
Undoubtedly: Doubt. :)
re: Trip Advice Please
 Sep 19 2008, 11:21:18 AM
You can buy subway and airtrain fare on a credit card/debit card. There should be a kiosk on your way into the station.

I recommend you go to the Sutphin Blvd station and catch an E train rather than the Howard Beach station (the A takes longer into midtown).

You really shouldn't need much cash (just about every business takes credit/debit cards).

I would walk over to Ninth Avenue (anywhere between 42nd and 57th st.). There is every imaginable type of cuisine for a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You