News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for willep

willep Profile Photo
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?  May 5 2024, 05:43:11 PM

When we rushed Suffs we got third row off to the side and they were great.

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  May 2 2024, 07:03:10 PM

Yeah, it’s very clearly Andrew Barth Feldman’s headshot. Audrey is trickier, but I think I’m sticking with the Sarah Hyland theory.

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  May 2 2024, 06:48:40 PM

I think Audrey is Sarah Hyland (Modern Family would be the reference to family, also looks like they recently started following each other on Instagram)

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  May 2 2024, 06:42:35 PM

Andrew Barth Feldman

Fastest win to EGOT LMM or Pasek/Paul  May 2 2024, 06:31:18 PM

I enjoyed the song, but that was submitted instead of “Look for the Light”?

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 11:23:46 PM

Wow, skimming through this now and seeing what seats people got for rush/lotto, I am feeling incredibly lucky to have gotten second row dead center. Incredible seats, right in front of where they place their journals during their stories. Couldn’t have asked for better seats.

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 26 2024, 02:31:59 PM

What I saw was finished. 

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 20 2024, 09:25:53 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I think I would have preferred Steve Carell as Vanya in VANYA & SONIA & MASHA & SPIKE. He's not bad here. But better suited for Durang.

I was surprised to see some of the comments about Anika Noni Rose. I found her absolutely luminous as Yelena (and was shocked to learn she's an ageless 51). It almost felt like Schreck wanted to make an adaptationaboutYelena (or Yelena + Sonya,which is often how the play feels), w

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 16 2024, 11:16:30 AM

It felt to me like the point was that it could be happening in any time, which worked for me.

New Musical, DEAD OUTLAW, from Penna/Yazbek/Moses  Apr 14 2024, 12:05:26 AM

Been trying the rush for this the entire run and have never managed to get them after passing on one for the first performance. Bummer. I always find digital rush so frustrating and prefer in person. Hopefully this show lives on somewhere.

Josh Gad to make Film directorial debut with Chris Farley biopic  Apr 12 2024, 12:20:02 PM

The headline isn’t so misleading as this thread title.

Josh Gad to make Film directorial debut with Chris Farley biopic  Apr 12 2024, 12:10:06 PM

Oh I like that casting. As much as I love Gad, glad he isn’t starring and directing.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 10 2024, 11:33:36 AM

Overall, I think they do a decent job handling it. I don’t have the best memory to recollect all of the Public run, but they may have softened it a little, but they do address that this is a movement that helps white women more than women of color. Part of me wishes that the would introduce Ida B Wells more in the beginning as a third perspective (Catt being the older generation, Paul being the new), instead of her coming in and immediately singing her big number. It would be interestin

SUFFS Previews  Apr 10 2024, 08:51:50 AM

The body is much more realized than the nonexistent head. It was weird, but I got over it.

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 10 2024, 07:54:15 AM

The entire play takes place over one summer, it starts in late spring/early summer and ends in autumn. 

Anika Noni Rose is a Tony award winning actress, I thought she was known primarily for theatre, albeit musical theatre, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I was right behind that group in the 100s. We considered moving to some open seats in L in the 300s at intermission, but then it looked like someone had thought of that before us, so we moved a bit away from them i

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 10 2024, 12:59:48 AM

Interesting. I thought the women were the weaker performances. For me, Carell and Harper were the standouts. I thought Pill was fine, I could not figure out what age her character was supposed to be, at times she seemed like a young teen, others mid twenties, and Anika Noni Rose, unfortunately, was the weakest of the night. Her character did not earn her moments and her performance didn’t leave much of an impact. For what should have felt like a pivotal character, she kind of just disap

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 9 2024, 07:34:25 PM

Thanks! Got a pair!

SUFFS Previews  Apr 6 2024, 09:20:37 PM

pair-o-dice said: "We'll see what happens with Illinoise, but after seeing everything else, I think this could be the front-runner for Best Musical.

I personally really enjoyed it. I was moved. I loved a lot of the music. The performances are across the board great. And the audience around me was crying, cheering, and loving it. There were teenage girls behind me talking to their mom about "when we're old enough to vote" and a man in the bathroom line in

Broadway Revival of Our Town?  Apr 3 2024, 09:19:22 AM

Well that’s an overall…disappointing cast. I thought for sure we’d get a person of color in there as Stage Manager with Kenny Leon directing. Parsons is just an odd choice all around.

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 3 2024, 12:01:42 AM

Very few shows have $25 lottery seats. I can think of, like, two on Broadway at the moment. Most are closer to $50 these days.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You