News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for willep

willep Profile Photo
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JOB Previews
 Jul 16 2024, 10:47:24 PM

Trains were still an absolute mess four hours later. My 45 minute commute home took 90.

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 16 2024, 06:03:27 PM

I mean, jeez, has it been below 80 at all this July?

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 11:39:10 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Since when did we start doing stars? Isn’t that a British thing"

Stars have been a thing for a while. The problem is some people do out of four stars, some are out of five, so it can be confusing.

Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
 Jul 9 2024, 04:41:58 PM

Her quote makes it sound like the movie itself isn’t happening, not that she dropped out. “They decided not to pursue it.”

Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 to open in London
 Jun 25 2024, 11:41:20 PM

Jarethan said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "OMG! Yes!!!!! This production was so good on Broadway! Really wish it didn’t have all the controversies, then it could’ve run longer. At any rate, London is in for a treat with this production!"

I think you may be remembering incorrectly. It had controversies god knows, but the reason it didn’t run longer is because people did t want to see it without Josh Grobin. It is a real shame because it was so

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
 Jun 25 2024, 01:40:11 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

I never expected to see Stereophonic cross a million in their Broadway run. Good for them.

Notebook, Tommy, and Suffs are good as gone by Labor Day at the latest.
"

lol Suffs has been steadily growing week to week, I see no reason to believe it will be gone by Labor Day. I have no doubt it’ll run th

Jun 25 2024, 01:14:33 PM

Wick3 said: "I know this is a different production but hopefully Mandy Patinkin will someday perform as Pierre!"

That would be exciting. I remember the cast talking about how wonderful he was in rehearsals.

Jun 25 2024, 06:52:00 AM

To be clear, it is NOT the Broadway production. Completely different creative team. In fact he specifically states in the article that he didn’t even see the Broadway production.

That being said, love the Donmar and The Great Comet, so I’m very interested to see what they do with the piece.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Jun 24 2024, 07:11:02 PM

I went a month or so ago and got second row dead center, but sounds like that was a fluke.

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 18 2024, 09:43:22 PM

RippedMan said: "I forgot that even happened. Or the Aladdin pro shot we'll never see."

Or Girl From the North Country sad

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 17 2024, 02:34:08 PM

Apparently Little Shop has been having a lot of understudies, I know that’s not Broadway, but still.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 13 2024, 12:45:40 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "yyys said: "wow, they're charging $364 a ticket for the last row in the balcony!"

Insanity. On social media they used to have promos saying "$74 dollar tickets!", now it's just "don't miss it!".
"

“You’ll still have your second kidney left after buying a ticket!”

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
 Jun 11 2024, 11:08:59 PM

Ah, BWW, the apex of journalism.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/24
 Jun 11 2024, 05:37:28 PM

Glad to see Suffs continue to climb.

SUFFS Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 10 2024, 04:39:28 PM

chrishuyen said: "Just read through this article on Playbill where Shaina talks a bit about the process for writing/rewriting each song and thought it really interesting to see how she (and her collaborators) came up with the changes they needed.

https://playbill.com/article/how-shaina-taub-wrote-and-rewrote-the-36-songs-of-suffs
"

Yeah, I thought that was a great read and was going to post it here as well.

SUFFS Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 10 2024, 04:38:35 PM

yyys said: "I can't seem to find the song withJenn Colela's high notes towards the end of the song....is it SHE AND I? If it is, then it's much better live than on record."

Are you thinking of This Girl?

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jun 10 2024, 12:05:48 PM

I hope to finally catch it. Was sad to miss it the last time.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 7 2024, 08:49:19 PM

Ha, yeah that’s when I was there. I was on the side that was not invited to sit down. But I didn’t mind standing. It’s an intimate theatre and the show isn’t terribly long.

How easy/hard is it to win the Illinoise lottery?
 Jun 7 2024, 05:04:12 PM

Compared to other shows that I’ve played daily for months and never won, I mean, this one I won? And I got lucky and got second row dead center seats. Others have had less fortunate experiences with their seats. But also, it’s a lotto so it’s impossible to guarantee a win.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 6 2024, 10:11:45 PM

I didn’t see the ushers move anyone. I know some people moved during the “Not an intermission” of their own volition. But that is not the point of my post. My point was that how are they saying they’ve been selling over 100% when we’ve all seen rows of empty seats?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You